Macc - how can he return?

Chris & Woody's Butler

I am a die hard in every sense of the word.  Name it...I've lived through it.  Season tickets, traveling to road playoff games, Kotite.  Parcells.  The whole bit.

How can any reasonably intelligent person (writers like Cimini, Mehta, etc.) and our full ownership group think it's OK to retain Macc?

His performance as our GM is nothing short of abysmal.  Every element has been abysmal outside of getting Darnold.

Roster construction.  Trades.  Free Agency.  Game day roster.  The draft.  Abysmal.  His record.  Everything.

The team literally has no chance and yet there's no mention of him being relieved of his duties.  

Can someone please help me understand why this is OK?

Get him out of here.  Now.

He is not the person to spend our FA dollars.  To use our draft picks.  He should be fired with Bowles.

13 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Even all the cap space could be looked at as a negative, due to the fact none of his draft picks deserved a 2nd contract 

Def..  The cap space is there because we have no one to pay - not from smart management.  It is absolutely a failure on his part.

It makes zero sense.

What is even more infuriating is the idiot writers give him a pass. It is mind numbingly frustrating.

You would think after three 11 or more loss seasons in a row the idiot Johnson's would finally do something the right way and completely clean house, but they are incapable of even the most simple of business decisions because they never built or managed anything.

This team is going nowhere even with Darnold.

A damn shame.

Even all the cap space could be looked at as a negative, due to the fact none of his draft picks deserved a 2nd contract 
His first draft is the only one that would even be in talks for a second contract and his first draft they used the information from the old scouting department because they didn't have time to have an entire new team come in and scout an entire draft. He has made lots of mistakes in the drafts but I don't blame the first draft flopping solely on mac.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

His first draft is the only one that would even be in talks for a second contract and his first draft they used the information from the old scouting department because they didn't have time to have an entire new team come in and scout an entire draft. He has made lots of mistakes in the drafts but I don't blame the first draft flopping solely on mac.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

I can’t think of one positive, looking at his complete body of work 

just posted this in a different thread 

“Even the QB situation should be considered a negative on his resume. I love Darnold and happy to have him and Addams. But looking at Macs body of work in general at QB, the complete whiffs on Hack, Watson and Mahommes stand out just as much as finally getting his guy”

32 minutes ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

I am a die hard in every sense of the word.  Name it...I've lived through it.  Season tickets, traveling to road playoff games, Kotite.  Parcells.  The whole bit.

How can any reasonably intelligent person (writers like Cimini, Mehta, etc.) and our full ownership group think it's OK to retain Macc?

His performance as our GM is nothing short of abysmal.  Every element has been abysmal outside of getting Darnold.

Roster construction.  Trades.  Free Agency.  Game day roster.  The draft.  Abysmal.  His record.  Everything.

The team literally has no chance and yet there's no mention of him being relieved of his duties.  

Can someone please help me understand why this is OK?

Get him out of here.  Now.

He is not the person to spend our FA dollars.  To use our draft picks.  He should be fired with Bowles.

He is taking virtually no heat at all other than from this forum.  No heat from the press, not even a mention from the national media.  The boys upstairs (The Johnsons) are clueless.

16 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

It makes zero sense.

What is even more infuriating is the idiot writers give him a pass. It is mind numbingly frustrating.

You would think after three 11 or more loss seasons in a row the idiot Johnson's would finally do something the right way and completely clean house, but they are incapable of even the most simple of business decisions because they never built or managed anything.

A damn shame.

The beat writers are getting sources directly from the Jets, they aren’t going to bite the hand that feeds them. How else would our beat writers know “get the sense that Mac is safe” or “Jets don’t feel good about an interim coach” unless directly fed that from internal sources. It’s not like they suddenly got good at their jobs and developed real sources. 

Moreover all logic says Mac should go. Our owners are just that stupid. No other answer suffices. 

1 minute ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

The beat writers are getting sources directly from the Jets, they aren’t going to bite the hand that feeds them. How else would our beat writers know “get the sense that Mac is safe” or “Jets don’t feel good about an interim coach” unless directly fed that from internal sources. It’s not like they suddenly got good at their jobs and developed real sources. 

Moreover all logic says Mac should go. Our owners are just that stupid. No other answer suffices. 

Well that certainly highlights a lot wrong with journalism and the media.

How gutless of them.

How do we know how good or not good Macs drafted players are with Bowles coaching them? Bowles doesn’t put them in position to succeed. He’s had his own agenda since day 1. Some defensive guru Bowles turned out to be. Sure Mac whiffed on some players but so does every GM. If a better GM is out there and would come to the Jets I think the Johnsons would at least listen. Who is a better GM that’s available and willing to come to the Jets?

4 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

How do we know how good or not good Macs drafted players are with Bowles coaching them? Bowles doesn’t put them in position to succeed. He’s had his own agenda since day 1. Some defensive guru Bowles turned out to be. Sure Mac whiffed on some players but so does every GM. If a better GM is out there and would come to the Jets I think the Johnsons would at least listen. Who is a better GM that’s available and willing to come to the Jets?

barely any of the guys drafted and then let go are still in the league.  a couple are on practice squads.  i think justin burress may be active for the browns.  other than that they are out of the league.  think about that.  literally..go take a look at the number of guys out of the league.  it's mind boggling.  we can literally throw darts and have the chance of doing as good a job.

6 minutes ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

barely any of the guys drafted and then let go are still in the league.  a couple are on practice squads.  i think justin burress may be active for the browns.  other than that they are out of the league.  think about that.  literally..go take a look at the number of guys out of the league.  it's mind boggling.  we can literally throw darts and have the chance of doing as good a job.

Yeah I thought someone would bring that up. Hey I have no love for Mac. I’d be a happy camper if there is a better GM option out there and the Jets made the switch. We know there are better coaches than Bowles. If the Jets clean house then they have to start with the GM and that’s gonna take a month or 2 then hire a head coach and any of the good ones could and should be gone. The most imperative move is the one getting done first. New head coach. 

46 minutes ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

I'm just amazed that the spoiled little brats that own this team don't realize Macc is part of the problem too.  Unreal.

Just pathetic.

Im amazed that we need yet another thread about Mac. Try one about Herndon. It will turn into a fire Mac thread by the second post

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is taking virtually no heat at all other than from this forum.  No heat from the press, not even a mention from the national media.  The boys upstairs (The Johnsons) are clueless.

I’ve been disgusted with most of this fanbase and their acceptance of Mac overall (not the pro Mac guys here since they are part of Jet Nation and aren’t complete idiots like elsewhere). Facebook Jets group, media, everyone is clueless. I’m fine if most people are negative and realists here. We call it like it is and demand better. It feels like home and is compiled of the smartest Jet fans BY FAR.

I can’t even read info from other areas. It’s completely absurd that most of this fanbase morphed into mindless zombies that just don’t care or are too dumb to care. Like WTF is going on with this team and it’s fans? Can no one else see what most of us here see? Even the pro Mac guys here can at least have conversations about it for the most part. Everyone else is in bizarro world. 

The plan is pretty clear for Mac to come back  - but it's going to be very rough for him around here and the Johnson's care much more about PR than they should.  

A loss like today, with the talent they had on the field today might push the fan base over the edge.

I certainly hope so.

ANY WINNING TEAM ALWAYS GIVES THE GM THE CALL TO SELECT THE COACH. LOOK WHAT DORSEY DID WHEN HE FIRED THE HC AND OC IN ONE DAY AND HOW THAT TURNED AROUND THE BROWNS.

THE JOHNSONS NEED TO STAND ON THE SIDELINES AND LET THE FOOTBALL PEOPLE DO THEIR JOBS.

13 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

ANY WINNING TEAM ALWAYS GIVES THE GM THE CALL TO SELECT THE COACH. LOOK WHAT DORSEY DID WHEN HE FIRED THE HC AND OC IN ONE DAY AND HOW THAT TURNED AROUND THE BROWNS.

THE JOHNSONS NEED TO STAND ON THE SIDELINES AND LET THE FOOTBALL PEOPLE DO THEIR JOBS.

I can’t read any of this.

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

It makes zero sense.

A damn shame.

Unfortunately “fake news” has even infiltrated the sports pages.  If you’re a beat reporter and you want to tell the truth, guess what they’ll ban your access from the team if you criticize a total incompetent like Bowles or Maccagnan.

The beatdown today was actually good since it’ll make keeping Maccagnan the catalyst for torches and pitchforks until he is finally and justly fired.

Ownership can be stubborn and not want it to be seen as the fans dictating their moves.  But I think that at this point it’s just bad business keeping Maccagnan around.

55 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Great point, but a lot of his draft picks are not even in the NFL anymore...The passing on Watson & Mahomes also counts as we had to give away 3 #2's to get a QB.

I agree 100% with the OP though, the GM has to go too. This organization needs total replacement.

3 hours ago, Nixhead said:

You can't know because no one of any worth will even talk to you if you have someone in place already.

3 hours ago, MS jets Fan said:

Mac is not a football person.

Archived