Jamal Adams is overrated

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good safety but as you saw today. Very low impact. 

Trolling is more effective when subtle  This is just annoying 

So are you.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Or Jets fans have ideals how the pick he was taken with could have been used more to their liking.

The guy has been here for two years and nobody can describe a meaningful play he’s made over those 32 games. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, HessStation said:

First, take another swig. Then look down at your gut. Then go look at yourself in the mirror. Now start the record player and think about where it all went wrong. 😆

Is that any less shameful than sitting in a public library wearing latex gloves staring at a weightlifting website? 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

original poster is 100% correct, hell even the pats recognize this.  If we get a real DC and a real D game plan his impact will be far less seeing as he won't be lining up outside the De and running forward on most plays or lining up as  a lb and running forward.

Just now, Warfish said:

That is certainly MY primary issue with Adams/Maye.

And I personally have no issue with that.  To me that's fair.  That should t ale away from how good Adams is though.  But it is what it is.  No one is going to change their stance on him.

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

And I personally have no issue with that.  To me that's fair.  That should t ale away from how good Adams is though.  But it is what it is.  No one is going to change their stance on him.

He played better today than last week.  I'll give him that.  But last week was horrific.  He simply has way too many terrible plays to be getting all the hype.  He has not earned it.  It's not even close.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If Adams was drafted where Marcus Maye was drafted it’d be great. But he wasn’t. They drafted him ahead of two QBs who led their teams to double digit win seasons and the playoffs. Cool. 

So direct your disdain at the GM. Not the player.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2
49 minutes ago, VinnyT16 said:

Good safety but as you saw today. Very low impact. 

The only debate worth having is was he worth taking at 6 over the QBs (in hindsight no). Adams isn't a bad player though, he's actually one of our few good ones. Odd out of everything bad you choose him to complain about. If you think he's bad you aren't watching the games or you ate too much glue as a kid

32 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Watching him trip over teammates, while trying to get to the play, reminded me of Black Friday at Filene's Basement.  This is not a professional defense.  Patriots run the same play in the end  zone.  THREE TIMES.  It is completely uncovered.  By some miracle of G-d the first two times Brady doesn't pick up the wide open receiver.  Third time, wide open  AGAIN . TOUCHDOWN..  WOW.

I respect that you didn’t take the easy way out.  You could have said Walmart, you could have said Target, Best Buy, etc.  But, you went for a deep cut in Filene’s Basement, and I respect the hell out of that.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

You can say what you want about where he was drafted, who went after him, is he a cover safety...….. I know this:  He may talk ALOT, But He always shows up.  He always goes to the ball.  He plays HARD.  He is always accountable.  He never takes a play off.  He never shies away from contact.  He is always striving to get better. He doesn't make excuses.  He is a good teammate. He want to win. He  wants to be a Jet.  HE IS NOT PART OF THE PROBLEM.  The Jets need more players like this, not less.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Man my notifications are loaded up with people describing their favorite Jamal Adams plays from the last two years

All rookie to starting in the pro bowl after two years = zero impact plays, we’re all in the matrix and TOm thinks he’s Morpheus 

15 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

You can say what you want about where he was drafted, who went after him, is he a cover safety...….. I know this:  He may talk ALOT, But He always shows up.  He always goes to the ball.  He plays HARD.  He is always accountable.  He never takes a play off.  He never shies away from contact.  He is always striving to get better. He doesn't make excuses.  He is a good teammate. He want to win. He  wants to be a Jet.  HE IS NOT PART OF THE PROBLEM.  The Jets need more players like this, not less.

He plays hard. That doesnt mean its productive. You're not saying anything wrong, but he plays undisciplined around the LOS and he guesses a ton causing him to be left dead in his tracks backside. I also think it's super concerning he gives the Jets pretty much nothing in coverage or as a FS. It will be interesing to see how the new staff uses him, because there arent many SS who just get to spend all game freelancing at the line.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1