Jump to content

Jamal Adams is overrated


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fave Adams plays: 

1.

I enjoy your passion for not liking Adams. I think he stepped up this year but may still be a little overrated and I see how he can rub people the wrong way with his mouth. He also speaks up though which could be good (like making the GM look bad today). Either way, he’s the least of our problems. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good safety but as you saw today. Very low impact. 

Trolling is more effective when subtle  This is just annoying 

So are you.

Posted Images

Just now, Matt39 said:

He plays hard. That doesnt mean its productive. You're not saying anything wrong, but he plays undisciplined around the LOS and he guesses a ton. I think it's super concerning he gives pretty much nothing in coverage or as a FS.

Custer didn't have much time to be organized, productive or disciplined at Little Big Horn.  Given any help he should improve in all of those areas, playing with Real  Players, on a Real  Defense.  We'll see.  Young ambitious players tend to chase their tails a lot until they're coached not to do so.  Adams, having no coaching available to him to this point hasn't learned that yet. If we had a defensive line or linebacking unit that could get off blocks and make some tackles at or near the line of scrimmage,  that would probably help too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I enjoy your passion for not liking Adams. I think he stepped up this year but may still be a little overrated and I see how he can rub people the wrong way with his mouth. He also speaks up though which could be good (like making the GM look bad today). Either way, he’s the least of our problems. 

Maybe that’s why he’s essentially calling out the talent... if Macc is fired, people will be less inclined to focus on where he was drafted.  This is good for Adams.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans have more invested in the Jets than non-Jets fans. If I wasn’t a Jets fan, I’d probably find the dancing safety amusing, too 

Adams fav song - they will play this next year on his 3rd career INT on the speakers at MetLife. 1 INT per year. Team MVP !!!!

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Man my notifications are loaded up with people describing their favorite Jamal Adams plays from the last two years


My favorite was when he got an interception in week one and I jumped in the air and said F u, take that T0shane but you were MIA for that so it didn’t count.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

You can say what you want about where he was drafted, who went after him, is he a cover safety...….. I know this:  He may talk ALOT, But He always shows up.  He always goes to the ball.  He plays HARD.  He is always accountable.  He never takes a play off.  He never shies away from contact.  He is always striving to get better. He doesn't make excuses.  He is a good teammate. He want to win. He  wants to be a Jet.  HE IS NOT PART OF THE PROBLEM.  The Jets need more players like this, not less.

Homer. I debuttfumbled you BUT just because he plays hard, shows up, wants to win doesn’t mean he’s the end of all like so many make him out to he here. He constantly talks crap. What he said after today’s game was inexcusable and petty. Nor does he always accept responsibility. He’s a  top 6 pick and thinks because of that, it’s enough to be considered elite. Nonsense. He adds little to this defense. He’s not terrible, he’s just not as good as he thinks he is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I know this:  He may talk ALOT, But He always shows up.  He always goes to the ball.  He plays HARD.  He is always accountable.  He never takes a play off.  He never shies away from contact.  He is always striving to get better. He doesn't make excuses.  He is a good teammate. He want to win. He  wants to be a Jet.  HE IS NOT PART OF THE PROBLEM.  The Jets need more players like this, not less.

Congratulations. You just described Rontez Miles. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Man my notifications are loaded up with people describing their favorite Jamal Adams plays from the last two years

My guess is that most people, like me, realize that it’s not worth the time as you are going to hate him no matter what.  It’s odd how he gets voted to the pro bowl but hasn’t made any meaningful plays.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BigO said:

Homer. I debuttfumbled you BUT just because he plays hard, shows up, wants to win doesn’t mean he’s the end of all like so many make him out to he here. He constantly talks crap. What he said after today’s game was inexcusable and petty. Nor does he always accept responsibility. He’s a  top 6 pick and thinks because of that, it’s enough to be considered elite. Nonsense. He adds little to this defense. He’s not terrible, he’s just not as good as he thinks he is.

You're right.  A little young and dumb.  Been accused of having a big mouth myself so I get it.   But that's fixable  Slow, heartless, and gutless isn't. We've got way too much of that on this team.  Could've left the Butt-fumble.  Didn't  bother me.  I'm a Jet Fan, remember?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

You're right.  A little young and dumb.  Been accused of having a big mouth myself so I get it.   But that's fixable  Slow, heartless, and gutless isn't. We've got way too much of that on this team.  Could've left the Butt-fumble.  Didn't  bother me.  I'm a Jet Fan, remember?

Yea yea he hustles so what. I hustle too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joejet said:

My guess is that most people, like me, realize that it’s not worth the time as you are going to hate him no matter what.  It’s odd how he gets voted to the pro bowl but hasn’t made any meaningful plays.

MFer nine year olds vote for the Pro Bowl.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
so after back to back terrible seasons with crappy run defense , no pass rush, poor Oline play and qb play; oh yea terrible play calling and coaching decisions ... the problem is Jamaal Adams.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Not Jamal himself. The guy who used a top 10 pick on him. That’s the # 2 problem.

The # 1 problem is the Johnsons.
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, YouPlay2Win said:

so after back to back terrible seasons with crappy run defense , no pass rush, poor Oline play and qb play; oh yea terrible play calling and coaching decisions ... the problem is Jamaal Adams. emoji848.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we did pass on Cam Robinson, Kenny Golladay, Deshaun Watson and Alvin Kamara for 2 safeties and a wr who is no longer in the nfl

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...