The Sun Sets On the Bowles Era

The_Jet_Nation

THAT WAS AN UGLY ENDING. I HOPE THIS 4 YEAR REGRESSION WE WITNESSED IN BOTH THE REX AND TODD ERAS WILL TURN ITSELF AROUND.  IF THE JOHNSONS KEEP MACC, THE PAST 4 SEASONS WILL HOPEFULLY NEVER REPEAT THEMSELVES. I FEAR THAT MACC IS AN INCOMPETENT GM - HOWEVER; LETS GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT BECAUSE HE DID TRADE UP FOR DARNOLD. MAYBE WE DRAFT A SERIOUS EDGE RUSHER THIS UPCOMING DRAFT. MAYBE WE BEEF UP THE OFFENSIVE LINE. MAYBE WE ARE A .500 TEAM NEXT YEAR. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT WE CAN ACTUALLY MAKE SOME PROGRESS? IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR THE KIND OF MONEY I SPEND ON MY PSL &. SEASONS TICKETS ? 

My theory, which is mine, is that Bowles actually thought he could salvage his job- until this week. 

It seemed everyone but him knew his time here was over and we saw some halfway decent football at times (if only  for one half per game) where he thought a few more wins could save his job  

I don’t think the Jets told him until this week that he would be asked to leave and we saw the horrible result on the field today when he totally threw in the towel  

Everyone knows that TB should have been fired two years ago except maybe CJ.   Well Chris you got your continuity and how's that working out for you?  Well for most of us it was utter disgust.   Frankly, your a bigger idiot then you brother for extending this stiff who was no better then Rex and probably equal to Kotitte.

Archived