Anybody watch this Trumaine Johnson interview on SNY?

Rhg1084

Meh... he’s overpaid and can’t wake up on time. I lose my job if I do that. 

My favorite part however, was when they asked why does the secondary blow coverages, and he said we don’t and we didn’t today... guess all those wide open receivers was part of the plan.

Just now, bostonmajet said:

can you recap for those of us outside the NY area?

They asked him questions like “do you think you’re worthy of your salary” “how can someone who makes $14m a year not show up on time” ... he owned up to his mistakes... he had some bright spots this year hopefully he can come back strong next year 

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Pretty cringe worthy lol the reporters are brutal in their questions .. much respect to them and him honestly for answering them 

He literally seemed shocked that they knew he was late ?

Why didnt you play  - "it was a coaches decision"

Why were you late - "huh what? Oh. I overslept".

Report was you were late multiple times, did you oversleep more than once? - "You mean today?"

He did apologize but my God lol

28 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sounds like his agent may have gotten to him and helped him with his statement.

I am still glad he said all that. They can't move on from him next year. So the hope is he returns and plays better. Hopefully this motivates him.

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Because he was thinking of what to say lol.

Girlfriend: WHO IS THIS GIRLS NUMBER IN YOUR PHONE!?

Boyfriend: Huh?

lol

Boyfriend:  "Huh?  What number?  What phone?  That's uhhhh...not my phone......Wait....what.......by the way, you lookin' pretty tonight, baby.  Let's go buy you some earrings."

6 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I thought Trumaine did a good job. He owned up to his mistakes.

The reporters are jerks. Not all of them, but a lot of them are. They're looking to kick the team while it's down. Bart Scott is right, I hope the players do remember stuff like this down the road when hopefully brighter days come.

I’ve read a lot of your posts. Liked them - UNTIL NOW! He’s another loser Macc has infected this team with and needs to be axed immediately. The Browns, as bad as they have been, are ruthless when it comes to crappy players and crappy coaches and eat contracts to be rid of these type of scumbags.

31 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I really don't care how he answered the questions. I only care about his play on the field and is was atrocious. He was a train wreck this year between injuries and his play when he was actually on the field. 

Maybe next year his coach will have a press corner actually play press corner not laying off 15 years from the LOS.

4 minutes ago, BigO said:

I’ve read a lot of your posts. Liked them - UNTIL NOW! He’s another loser Macc has infected this team with and needs to be axed immediately. The. Browns, as bad as they have been, are ruthless when it comes to crappy players and crappy coaches.

I don't remember, were you like just about everyone who thought the signing was the right move.  Because I don't remember anyone complaining at the time. 

And why would you have a problem with a poster who is passing on what was said?

6 hours ago, Pac said:

"Do you think you've earned your money".

Tru said "what...  next question" but the look he gave was funny..  like he wanted to slap whoever it was that asked that.

He wanted to slap him but didn't, that would have required physical contact.  The "what" thing is a stall tactic they teach you in Witness Protection to allow you time to come up with a better story.  Didn't work.  All-in all a half- assed attempt to seem contrite.  The most telling/interesting part of the interview was that he seemed to be genuinely surprised about the benching.  Telling expose about the expectations of accountability and discipline on the Bowles Jets.  One thing is for sure, he's got to replace the Mo Wilkerson Alarm Clock he's been using.

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't remember, were you like just about everyone who thought the signing was the right move.  Because I don't remember anyone complaining at the time. 

And why would you have a problem with a poster who is passing on what was said?

Wasn’t all in on it. And many posters did actually object. And TJ did NOT do a very good job. He was horrific. 

6 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I thought Trumaine did a good job. He owned up to his mistakes.

The reporters are jerks. Not all of them, but a lot of them are. They're looking to kick the team while it's down. Bart Scott is right, I hope the players do remember stuff like this down the road when hopefully brighter days come.

They're jerks but "stealing money" is ok, I guess.  P.S. If you remember correctly,  Bart Scott was no  "breath of fresh air" when dealing with the media as a member of the Jets.  He is very good at revisionist history and playing both sides of the coin when it  suits him.  Fans sometimes remember too.

6 minutes ago, BigO said:

Wasn’t all in on it. And many posters did actually object. And TJ did NOT do a very good job. He was horrific. 

No way, no one complained about the player.  And they shouldn't have.  He was the best available FA CB and we needed one.  

I do agree he wasn't what I thought he would be.  Let's hope next year's different, he's not going anywhere

Archived