The let’s go Bears - Screw you Kirk Cousins thread

kevin45

Two things, I am so glad that Cousins chose Minnesota over us.  Thank you.  I was one of the dummies that wanted him.

2.  I’m not as down on DeFilippo as a lot of people are, I think a lot of the problem was more Cousins than him.  I think he needs to go back to either qb coach or OC to prove himself but I would be fine with him at one of those positions for the Jets.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Not to pile on the Mac should fired pile but Cousins is another reason - as Mac fans that want to keep continue to use Darnold as the sole reason to keep him.

Let's be clear, he wanted to give a relatively short $90 Million contract to a barely above average QB with no playoff wins - and put him on a team with virtually zero offensive talent.

the only reason that didn't happen was because of his own incompetence of having such a talentless roster.

But let's be clear - that was his first option over drafting a QB.

Can’t blame Mac for trying to sign Cousins. Our QB position was a joke and we had the 6th pick in the draft. No one knew we would be able to get Darnold. It worked out great for us, but to kill Mac over this is a bit of revisionist history.

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Can’t blame Mac for trying to sign Cousins. Our QB position was a joke and we had the 6th pick in the draft. No one knew we would be able to get Darnold. It worked out great for us, but to kill Mac over this is a bit of revisionist history.

coulda had watson or mahomes last year and lamar jackosn  this w/o giving away picks

Just now, Losmeister said:

coulda had watson or mahomes last year and lamar jackosn  this w/o giving away picks

I'm not defending Mac as a GM, to date, his record is spotty at best.  However, I knew he wasn't drafting a QB in the first round in 2017 after drafting Hackenberg in the 2nd round in 2016. BTW, Jamal Adams was a solid pick at 6. In most mocks he was a top 3 to 5 pick.

12 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Who’s fault is it that the QB position was a joke?

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The uneducated will blame kirk cousins but the vikes d and oline is to blame for their poor season.

Still an utter embarrassment that a scrub like Casey Keenum made the playoffs and made a run with that same team while Cousins gets to play golf at Mar a Lago  this week

22 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I can def. blame Mac - I was strongly against it (feel free to go back to my old posts).  Just made little sense to me.  

Drafting a top QB should have always been the plan - and as was just mentioned he passed on both Watson or Mahomes - which is bad enough knowing they were QB desperate - but shows his ability to judge talent is without question awful.

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Hey don’t forget the Jets would be stuck with him and that contract BECAUSE of Maccagnan.

Imagine him with the Jet “Offense”?  He’s barely .500 with a stacked team. 

Dodged a bullet. Another reason in the long list to give Maccagnan the arse.

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

So Kirk Cousins not making the playoffs will make you feel better? How would you feel if he signed here and you had him instead of Darnold?

But he didn't. Used us to get extra $$ money out of Minny only to choke ,like he usually does ,in must win qames.

Archived