Dirk Koetter Fired

JetsYanks13

29 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

So classy to leave the guy on as a lame duck for several games to get blown out a few more times when it was obvious the Jets were planning for the next coach. Bowles sucked, but it did no one any favors keeping him on.

If they dumbly step in it like they did with Darnold falling to 3 it’s a huge score.  Bowles ensured them of pretty much losing out the rest of the schedule 

16 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Instead of doing the immature reactionary thing, they kept their promise and are evaluating at the end of the season. 

Since when does firing someone for incompetence equate to this.  It would have been more than justified following the Bills game. 

49 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Why hasn't Bowles been fired yet? 

Seriously, WTF are they waiting for.  I know he's a nice guy and a classy guy but if they know they're going to fire him (and that's a legit "if") then they should've done it by now.

Typically when a firing has happened in the past the Jets do it Monday morning with a press conference the same day. I'm assuming it'll be the same way this time. Although i wouldn't have let Bowles or any of the coaching staff back on the plane today. 

27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Smart, kept us in the top 3 picks in the draft.

I'm sure the interim coach could have dug down deep and managed to lose as well.

Also, reports from pft say that the Bucs will require keeping Winston which probably eliminates them being any competition for any good coaching candidates.

Archived