With The 3rd Pick In The 2019 NFL Draft The New York Jets Select

New York Mick

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I think he’ll be going 2nd. 

San Fran has already invested heavily on the interior DL with Thomas and Buckner.

My money is on Bosa and Allen going 1 and 2.

And with Quinnen Williams and Ed Oliver starting him in the face, Macc licks his frapucino crusted lips.

Someone will start a poll on this soon enough.  I think Josh Allen may be the value/need pick there.  I'm wishfully thinking that another OT like Greg Little or Jawaan Taylor could move up to become worthy of the pick there.  Jonah just seems destined for another position on the OL but not LT.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Sam Fran has already invested heavily on the interior DL.

My money is on Bosa and Allen going 1 and 2.

And with Quinnen Williams and Ed Oliver starting him in the face, Macc licks his frapucino crusted lips.

Bosa and Allen going 1 2 is a very good possibility. But I’d still take J Williams. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Bosa and Allen going 1 2 is a very good possibility. But I’d still take J Williams. 

I would as well

I’d even reach a bit on someone like Brown/Metcalf, but we all know Macc isn’t going in that direction. There may not be another GM in the league who is more married to the “BAP” philosophy.

12 minutes ago, jetscanes331 said:

Worried his ceiling is as a RT or inside guard.

Fine. We need the whole line to be rebuilt anyways. Jonah is a beast and would be a staple for years to cone. What’s the rush. Sam is 21. This is going to take years. Don’t fool yourself.

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Someone will start a poll on this soon enough.  I think Josh Allen may be the value/need pick there.  I'm wishfully thinking that another OT like Greg Little or Jawaan Taylor could move up to become worthy of the pick there.  Jonah just seems destined for another position on the OL but not LT.

If Allen throws up a sub-4.6/40, 35+ vert, and a sub-7 three cone they should take Allen and not worry about it. If he doesn’t come really close to those numbers, take Jonah Williams or one of the receivers. 

18 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

After failing to trade down the New York Jets select  

OT - Johan Williams, Alabama 

4C9291C8-E6CA-4044-A21F-BFFCACBD8587.jpeg

I like the pick.  You can start him at RT while Shell rehabs.  I have a feeling that there will be a big dropoff in OL talent past round one.  I doubt we will have many options in FA at LT so why not get someone who can play both sides.

18 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Hopefully it’s Jonah

I have a sinking feeling that it’s going to be Quinnen.

That'd be a good thing. Quinnen is the best defensive lineman in a stacked defensive line class. A couple draft ranking sites also view him as the best player in the draft, even above Bosa.

Archived