Jump to content
New York Mick

With The 3rd Pick In The 2019 NFL Draft The New York Jets Select

Recommended Posts

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

With The 3rd Pick In The 2019 NFL Draft The New York Jets Select

Jackmerius Tacktheritrix

He’d be better then 95% of the current team. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, vtbx said:

I like the pick.  You can start him at RT while Shell rehabs.  I have a feeling that there will be a big dropoff in OL talent past round one.  I doubt we will have many options in FA at LT so why not get someone who can play both sides.

Trent Brown the Pats Starting LT says hi

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

I hope Bosa drops for some medical BS right into the Jets laps!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 

I think we end up with Ferrell or Allen.  Both will wreck the combine and fill our biggest need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Philc1 said:

Trent Brown the Pats Starting LT says hi

I don’t think Dante Scarnecchia is going to come waltzing into Florham Park anytime soon.

Even Solder is garbage since he left the Pats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jetscanes331 said:

Worried his ceiling is as a RT or inside guard.

I have seen people say that but I think that nonsense goes away after the workouts, He is a flat out stud stonewall at LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think we end up with Ferrell or Allen.  Both will wreck the combine and fill our biggest need
True but they can't pass on Bosa if he drops right?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Philc1 said:

I think we end up with Ferrell or Allen.  Both will wreck the combine and fill our biggest need

Our biggest need is protecting Darnold then getting him playmakers then getting a passrusher. Unfortunately they don’t have a 2nd rounder because this draft is heavy on defense. There’s a big drop off in oline after the top guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t think Dante Scarnecchia is going to come waltzing into Florham Park anytime soon.

Even Solder is garbage since he left the Pats.

He might be the next HC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

That'd be a good thing. Quinnen is the best defensive lineman in a stacked defensive line class. A couple draft ranking sites also view him as the best player in the draft, even above Bosa.

And the Jets have pretty much proven that unless you get a Donald, these "best player in the draft" defensive lineman dont move the bar at all for the team. Darnold is priority 1, 2, 3 4 and 5. Trade down and let someone else get the low impact "best player in the draft". Frickin learn from history

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t think Dante Scarnecchia is going to come waltzing into Florham Park anytime soon.

Even Solder is garbage since he left the Pats.

Brown is younger and bigger than Solder.  Von Miller called him the best OT in the nfl and he’s UFA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I think we end up with Ferrell or Allen.  Both will wreck the combine and fill our biggest need

Our biggest need is OL and it is not even remotely close. WR and RB are above edge rusher too. It has to be ALL about Darnold then worry about edge rushers who bust way more often than succeed.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Our biggest need is protecting Darnold then getting him playmakers then getting a passrusher. Unfortunately they don’t have a 2nd rounder because this draft is heavy on defense. There’s a big drop off in oline after the top guys. 

You can improve the OL in free agency.  You can’t get a pass rush in free agency 

 

RB over edge rusher?  We just gave up 38 points to Brady half assing and made Matt Barkley look like a young Marino

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I have seen people say that but I think that nonsense goes away after the workouts, He is a flat out stud stonewall at LT

who cares?

 

if the guy can the block the right side for 10 years ....then who ******* cares where he was picked 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Philc1 said:

You can improve the OL in free agency.  You can’t get a pass rush in free agency 

They need more then a few jags. They tried that sh*t the last 12 years and it hasn’t worked. The last time they drafted a OL in the first round was 2006. They need to draft a OL in the first round as well as get a few in FA. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

And the Jets have pretty much proven that unless you get a Donald, these "best player in the draft" defensive lineman dont move the bar at all for the team. Darnold is priority 1, 2, 3 4 and 5. Trade down and let someone else get the low impact "best player in the draft". Frickin learn from history

There’s no Brick in this year’s draft.  There are a couple game changing pass rushers

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give me J. Williams all day, if all he can live up to be is a guard then that's all it is but at least we are addressing OL. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

After failing to trade down the New York Jets select  

OT - Johan Williams, Alabama 

 

4C9291C8-E6CA-4044-A21F-BFFCACBD8587.jpeg

I hope you're right. Thats who I want. But the feeling they let Leonard walk makes me think it'll be Quinnen Williams. But lets not forget if we hire an offensive minded HC it will effect the pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

They need more then a few jags. They tried that sh*t the last 12 years and it hasn’t worked. The last time they drafted a OL in the first round was 2006. They need to draft a OL in the first round as well as get a few in FA. 

Mawae, Damien Woody, Brandon Moore were all signed in free agency.  The Rams upgraded their OL signing Andrew Whitworth two years ago and he’s been all pro

 

So go ahead and dismiss Matt Paradis, Trent Brown, Mike Iupati etc as JAGs

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t think Dante Scarnecchia is going to come waltzing into Florham Park anytime soon.

Even Solder is garbage since he left the Pats.

Its amazing how that can't block when they can't hold anymore. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I have seen people say that but I think that nonsense goes away after the workouts, He is a flat out stud stonewall at LT

I mean give me another tackle like Brick and I'll be happy. 10 year starter at any position is a win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best Player Available. Period. 

At this stage I have no clue who that is. I'd love an O-lineman or WR for obvious reasons but they shouldn't reach if the consensus third best overall player in the draft doesn't play one of those spots. It kind of sucks, but it's the only smart way to play things... unless they can trade down, but they'll need a dance partner for that.

Let's see who sifts out. It's all so preliminary right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I think we end up with Ferrell or Allen.  Both will wreck the combine and fill our biggest need

Hard for Macc even to screw this pick up. It’s the picks we have after this that will add to Macc’s pathetic regime as GM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigO said:

Hard for Macc even to screw this pick up. It’s the picks we have after this that will add to Macc’s pathetic regime as GM.

Guys like Ferrell are like williams, they’re not going to be high sack guys.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

who cares?

 

if the guy can the block the right side for 10 years ....then who ******* cares where he was picked 

Exactly, overpay Trent Brown in the 1st year at LT, draft Jonah & play him at RT, draft best Center in the draft top of the 3rd. Trade next years #1 for Mike Evans, sign Lev Bell, draft Deebo Samuel or the kid WR from Virginia with your 2nd third rounder & win games 38-27. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade up to 1

bosa or bust

(this is obviously a joke for u dorks giving me butt fumbles)

  • Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Mawae, Damien Woody, Brandon Moore were all signed in free agency.  The Rams upgraded their OL signing Andrew Whitworth two years ago and he’s been all pro

 

So go ahead and dismiss Matt Paradis, Trent Brown, Mike Iupati etc as JAGs

 

 

There’s DEs, OLBs and OL available in FA. Hopefully the new FO is smart enough to get both and draft the best OL in the draft. This team needs more then just one OL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Best Player Available. Period. 

At this stage I have no clue who that is. I'd love an O-lineman or WR for obvious reasons but they shouldn't reach if the consensus third best overall player in the draft doesn't play one of those spots. It kind of sucks, but it's the only smart way to play things... unless they can trade down, but they'll need a dance partner for that.

Let's see who sifts out. It's all so preliminary right now.

DL probably 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vader said:

Trade up to 1

bosa or bust

What are you going to trade? Next years first? Then you have no 2nd this year and no first next year with holes all over the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigO said:

Hard for Macc even to screw this pick up. It’s the picks we have after this that will add to Macc’s pathetic regime as GM.

The pick doesn’t worry me what worries me is Mac strikes out in free agency again and can’t get a legit HC

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering I hear this year's FA OT pool is weak, hopefully Jonah (or other OT that surges post combine) and pref after trading back a couple of spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...