With The 3rd Pick In The 2019 NFL Draft The New York Jets Select

New York Mick

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Fair enough. I haven't watched much but highlights, and in those, he has a FREE PASS to the QB. I'm skeptical and if the Jets are stuck at #3 w/no other options I want the BlueChip Elite player despite position or need. Allen may grow on me, but I'm not sold as of now and if we switch to a 4-3 under a new regime, then he may not be as valuable to the Jets unlike in a 3-4. JMO. 

Allen looks like he has a free pass because he has a great first step and he’s quick

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Elite competition lol

SEC has had some good OLines over the years. I definitely take him more seriously due to being in the SEC as opposed to the Pac 12 or the Big 12 (whichever conference the OKL & Texas teams play). 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It’s college not the NFL.

I'm not a huge college fan, but even I recognize that the SEC is superior than the ACC, Pac 12, Big 12, and the Sunbelt conferences (just to name a few) in CONSISTENTLY churning out NFL talent and the actual competitiveness of the games played between the conference teams. 

22 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So what conference is elite?  I want to know

None of them. Some of them are good and have better players but none are elite. There’s only a few players if any a year that are elite. Allen faces a lot of OL that suck just like every other college defender. A lot of plays he makes are against bad blocking. He’s not great against the run and can be singlely blocked. I don’t think he’s worth the third pick. 

What elite OT has he played against and beaten? 

On 12/30/2018 at 9:38 PM, JetFaninMI said:

You guys are all making logical choices for the Jets at #3. That's your first mistake. You have to use Macc Logic. Macc will keep form and go DB. Greedy Williams will be the pick. I said it back in November and I'm saying it again. Book it.

What if the best player available is a punter-a guy who averages 85 yards a punt?

12 hours ago, jack48 said:

Let me ask: is this Josh Allen event hebest pass rusher out there?  No. 2?  No. 3?  Everything I read is tht he is good, butnot that good.  Like most of us, I have never seen him

Watch him against Georgia, Mississippi State and Penn State and make up your own mind. I personally think he’s good but not special.

5 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

The higher the pick the less you can reach because of need except for qb.  The jets are not close to being a player or two away, and are realistically at least 2 years from making the playoffs.  If they stay at 3 i hope they pick a guy who can be a star, but if they trade back to the 10-12 range i hope they focus more on specific positions namely the OL.

So I guess the Bears shouldn’t be in the playoffs until next year - same for Ravens, Colts and Texans. In today’s NFL several teams make that jump every year.

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Obviously but the team has the same needs no matter who the coaches is. OT, ED, OC, OG, WR, RB, LB, and CB. 

Yeah but you might change picks with blocking styles of OL or if you run a 3-4 vs a 4-3

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Anyone think who we draft just might be influenced by who becomes our coaching staff?

Nah

Isn’t the new HC going to have final say so as to who gets drafted? Macc has proven to be at a complete loss when drafting players with the exception of Herndon. I won’t even entertain the idea he selected Darnold because he didn’t. 

Just now, BigO said:

Isn’t the new HC going to have final say so as to who gets drafted? Macc has proven to be at a complete loss when drafting players with the exception of Herndon. I won’t even entertain the idea he selected Darnold because he didn’t. 

No, why would the HC have final say, thats the GMs job.  No matter what some fans believe.  

And you dont have to entertain the idea that he drafted Darnold or not.  Of course he did and the stance makes no sense though.  But you can also believe the world is flat, there were no dinosaurs or the moon landing was a hoax

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Watching the Colts maul people, I will be very upset if it's not Williams at 3.

And if the 49'rs draft him? 

Or we snap our fingers, trade down and pick up 1,000s of additional picks like some fans think we can

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And if the 49'rs draft him? 

Or we snap our fingers, trade down and pick up 1,000s of additional picks like some fans think we can

If they can trade back they should look at Little then Taylor. I hope they do trade back and pick up a OT in the first and a WR or OC/OG in the second. Obviously depending on FA. 

37 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't think they will, but if they do, well I don't know at this time.  Trade back I suppose.

Well why wouldnt they?  Theyve already got their QB, the've already addressed their DL and there isnt a skill position player that deserves to be taken at 2.  Not saying they will draft him but not so sure they wouldnt.  OL is too important with a FQB on the roster

Archived