With The 3rd Pick In The 2019 NFL Draft The New York Jets Select

New York Mick

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

We need O line. I would love a trade back to get more picks especially a 2nd rdr, but if we only have one pick in the 1st round and Jonah Williams is your highest rated OL guy, you take him at 3.  If he's ok to pick at 6-10, he's fine to take at 3. This value stuff gets way too much press man. I understand it if all things are equal you go for the value, but when you NEED OL and only have one chance to get one in the first, you take him when you pick. 

Waiting until the 3rd round to address the OL because its 4-5 picks too early to pick someone you like is utter ridiculousness IMO. 

The only way I think otherwise is if you're going for the highest rated WR. That's it. This nonsense about taking a DT with our first pick because of the value is maddening. I would be incredibly disappointed if we actually committed that travesty.

Even going OL with the first 3 picks would be fine by me. We don't need anything more! 

Sign Matt Paradis, Trent Brown and Jamon Brown. 

Top 10 OL

Voila!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Sign Matt Paradis, Trent Brown and Jamon Brown. 

Top 10 OL

Voila!

Easy peasy lemon squeezey. 

I'm way into signing Paradis!  Trent Brown is too tall for my liking  lol 

Hey, if we can pull off signing the OL guys in FA, then we are talking about a different story of course.

Then I would apply my extremely sound logic to the WR position. Nkeal Harry would be a beast for Sam Darnold. I read somewhere that he may last until the 2nd. oh well.  AJ Brown seems like he will translate to the NFL well. I'll have to defer to others here on the specific guys as I'm no college scout.  I do not want another De lineman to be our first pick. I want Offense no matter what. That's how I see it. 

On 1/13/2019 at 12:40 PM, Philc1 said:

Trade the 3 pick to the giants for their first round pick plus Olivier Vernon

Giants can draft Haskins

Jets can draft Jonah at 6 and get an actual pass rusher in Vernon

Everyone wins.

won't happen. thats stupid. 

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Then I would apply my extremely sound logic to the WR position. Nkeal Harry would be a beast for Sam Darnold. I read somewhere that he may last until the 2nd. oh well.  AJ Brown seems like he will translate to the NFL well. I'll have to defer to others here on the specific guys as I'm no college scout.  I do not want another De lineman to be our first pick. I want Offense no matter what. That's how I see it. 

I think AJ Brown is going to be an awesome pro. I've seen Ole Miss play maybe 5-6 times over the past couple of seasons and AJ Brown always stands out to me. 

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think AJ Brown is going to be an awesome pro. I've seen Ole Miss play maybe 5-6 times over the past couple of seasons and AJ Brown always stands out to me. 

There’s 3 WRs from Old Miss in the draft rated in the first 3/4 rounds and 2 of them in the first. Are they that good or is it a system thing?

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

There’s 3 WRs from Old Miss in the draft rated in the first 3/4 rounds and 2 of them in the first. Are they that good or is it a system thing?

I don't love Lodge or Metcalf (sp?) because I think they lived off of AJ Brown getting double teamed all of the time. 

IMO, Brown is virtually can't miss. He's not an elite physical prospect, but he's just one of those guys who is always open. . 

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don't love Lodge or Metcalf (sp?) because I think they lived off of AJ Brown getting double teamed all of the time. 

IMO, Brown is virtually can't miss. He's not an elite physical prospect, but he's just one of those guys who is always open. . 

Brown definitely led that team but he’s not real fast or tall so it’s going to be interesting where he goes. 

27 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Brown definitely led that team but he’s not real fast or tall so it’s going to be interesting where he goes. 

Totally agree. He's not the prototypical physical specimen that the NFL looks for. But, he just feels like a player to me. 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I'm seeing some stuff about him maybe not being as much of a sure thing as some others. All the talent but he could flop. I don't remember why at the moment, but remember reading something like that. You think he's a slam dunk? 

47 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I'm seeing some stuff about him maybe not being as much of a sure thing as some others. All the talent but he could flop. I don't remember why at the moment, but remember reading something like that. You think he's a slam dunk? 

From watching him play, I think he's a terrific WR who has very good instincts for the position. He feels like a third down conversion waiting to happen. 

Now, I've been wrong about plenty of players, so I'm not guaranteeing anything. Just my 2 cents. 

52 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I'm seeing some stuff about him maybe not being as much of a sure thing as some others. All the talent but he could flop. I don't remember why at the moment, but remember reading something like that. 

He doesn't have prototypical size or speed. I don't think he's going to 'wow' anyone, physically. 

56 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

His biggest knock seems to be his height (plays small), speed, yac and doesn’t jump well but he played a lot of slot and was a beast. 

Since Gregg Williams is now official and he’s run a base 4 man front literally everywhere he’s been a DC...go get Quinnen Williams/Ed Oliver if Bosa is gone.

Seriously. Everyone should be a lot more open to an interior DL at this point since we won’t be playing them out of position as a 5-tech 3-4 end.

Both of those guys have all-pro potential.

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Since Gregg Williams is now official and he’s run a base 4 man front literally everywhere he’s been a DC...go get Quinnen Williams/Ed Oliver if Bosa is gone.

Seriously. Everyone should be a lot more open to an interior DL at this point since we won’t be playing them out of position as a 5-tech 3-4 end.

Both of those guys have all-pro potential.

They need to trade down and pick up a second rounder (plus) then draft an OL then DL. This draft has a strong DL class and protecting Darnold is still the most important thing. If they can’t trade down then Johan, Greedy then DL. 

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They need to trade down and pick up a second rounder (plus) then draft an OL then DL. This draft has a strong DL class and protecting Darnold is still the most important thing. If they can’t trade down then Johan, Greedy then DL. 

I’m pretty sure just about everyone would prefer to trade down, but that’s easier said than done.

I’m not nearly as sold as everyone else on someone wanting to move up for a guy like Haskins, much less 5’9 Kyler Murray. Especially since we could see a slew of veteran QB’s hit the open market.

The Jets aren’t taking a guy like Jonah Williams at #3. It just isn’t happening even though I’d personally have zero issues with it.

If we’re stuck at #3 and Bosa is gone, then I’m taking Williams/Oliver. Especially since we’re now running a scheme and have a coach that will maximize their strengths.

21 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’m pretty sure just about everyone would prefer to trade down, but that’s easier said than done.

I’m not nearly as sold as everyone else on someone wanting to move up for a guys like Haskins, much less  5’9 Kyler Murray. Especially since we could see a slew of veteran QB’s hit the open market.

The Jets aren’t taking a guy like Jonah Williams at #3. It just isn’t happening even though I’d personally have zero issues with it.

If we’re stuck at #3 and Bosa is gone, then I’m taking Williams/Oliver. Especially since we’re now running a scheme and have a coach that will maximize their strengths.

I don’t think Murray will change much at the top he’s too damn little. No matter who the D coach is I hope the worry about they offense first. 

Shell won't need rehab. His injury was not as bad as they first thought. He only required 6 weeks rest, no surgery.

Jonah Williams is also not worth a top 5 pick talent wise

I like the pick.  You can start him at RT while Shell rehabs.  I have a feeling that there will be a big dropoff in OL talent past round one.  I doubt we will have many options in FA at LT so why not get someone who can play both sides.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived