Poll: If Cleveland Offered The Jets Baker straight-up for Darnold, your answer would be...

TuscanyTile2

Poll: If Cleveland Offered The Jets Baker straight-up for Darnold, your answer would be...  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: If Cleveland Offered The Jets Baker straight-up for Darnold, your answer would be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/04/2019 at 06:03 AM

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks but no thanks. I’m a Baker fan but I think Sam has a bigger upside.  I think Baker is ahead of him right now but that’s more from having a lot more experience.  I think they are both going to be excellent QBs.

No.  Look Mayfield has been impressive but Sam is two years younger and seems to have the higher ceiling. Also if you look at both rosters and coaches Mayfield has a clear advantage because he has better talent around him and coaches. However I feel Sam has stepped up against tougher competition while Mayfield struggles a bit against tougher competition like the Texan game and tonight

I was hoping for Baker before the season (via Draft) and think he played great this year no doubt but.......................

My answer is a resounding NO!

It maybe an example of confirmation bias at work but I really think that Darnold is going to be GREAT if the Jets can get their organization turned around.

Baker is good, make that very  very good but Darnold has a chance to be special.

I know it won’t be popular, but I’d say yes. I think Baker is the better prospect. I preferred him in the draft, and I’ve seen nothing to-date to change that preference.

With that said, we have Darnold. Darnold is looking good. There is no trade now or ever. So we should all be 100% behind Sam. I am 100% behind Sam.

4 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Everyone is going to say no but guess what If Jets had drafted Baker no one would be saying they would rather have Darnold. Baker is clearly the better QB right now. We will see who is better in three years.

No he isn't! He has much more talent around him. If you watched the Raven game, balls he through up were caught by talented receivers.  Meanwhile did you see the perfect throw Darnold made down the sideline that Cannon dropped?

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I genuinely like all 5 of these rookie QBs. They all seem plenty good enough, it will honestly come down to each Franchise sourrounding them with the right coaches and players imo.

i would honestly take Darnold though straight up

Agree completely. I had no rooting interest until Darnold was a jet, have never seen any of them play before this year, I like them all for different reasons. If I had my choice of the 5 based just on what I’ve seen with my eyes. It’s close between mayfield and Darnold but I pick Darnold. I like his game better plus his Size, age, attitude would make the choice a lil easier

granted I’ve seen much more than the other 4 combined 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think Darnold’s personality is ideal for the Jets in that he doesn’t seem to experience emotions.

Oh but could you imagine the ridiculous sh*t storm that would’ve been Baker on the Jets. Bowles would’ve been fired weeks ago, the photo shoots, the unsanctioned “I woke up feeling dangerous” t-shirts. 

Definitely no...I just watched the 4th qtr of the Browns Ravens and it's crazy how much more talent he has to work with on offense. The catches their WR's made on the last two drives kept them in the game. My first thought was how much better Darnold could be with guys as talented as Landry, Njoku,  and even Perriman and Callaway.  Herndon is a start, but we need to get some legit receivers (and OL). Robbie is a 2 or 3 on his best day.

F#CK NO.

Mayfield and Darnold will both be quality playmaking QB's. In terms of intangibles Mayfield's outspoken passion is exactly what the listless Browns needed and Darnold is just the kind of quiet presence that will last in New York a long time.

We got ours they got theirs. End of Story.

8 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Everyone is going to say no but guess what If Jets had drafted Baker no one would be saying they would rather have Darnold. Baker is clearly the better QB right now. We will see who is better in three years.

That is such absolute BS! If Cleveland drafted Sam Darnold & he was being protected & throwing to Landry, Calloway, Njoku & Higgins with Chubb in the backfield & Baker was playing the Pats today on the Jets throwing to 3 UDFAs in Anderson-Burnett-Cannon, I think you guy would be speaking a different tune. 

The Browns are ahead of the Jets right now just based on 47 draft picks compared to 24 since 2015. 

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Oh but could you imagine the ridiculous sh*t storm that would’ve been Baker on the Jets. Bowles would’ve been fired weeks ago, the photo shoots, the unsanctioned “I woke up feeling dangerous” t-shirts. 

It’d be fun, but I don’t know if Baker would survive it. 

Archived