Poll: If Cleveland Offered The Jets Baker straight-up for Darnold, your answer would be...

TuscanyTile2

Poll: If Cleveland Offered The Jets Baker straight-up for Darnold, your answer would be...  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: If Cleveland Offered The Jets Baker straight-up for Darnold, your answer would be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/04/2019 at 06:03 AM

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

And yet that isnt the topic. 

If it was that simple, the record wouldn't have stood for 2 decades, being tied once by another short qb folks said couldnt play. 

Give the kid credit. It doesnt mean you dont love Darnold, but the argument is lame

Who says I'm not giving Mayfield credit.  He's damn good.  Way better than I ever thought he'd be.  I'd still take Darnold over him though.  

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Did 10 rookie qb's break Manning's/Wilson's record that stood for 2 decades until tonight?

Did 2 even do so???? Lol

And stop gassing this poor argument @TuscanyTile2

I never said it was not impressive. I said you can't compare it to what rookie QBs did with less favorable rules. You said you can compare it. So, is 4,000 as great an accomplishment under the current rules as it was awhen Namath did it?

10 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I never said it was not impressive. I said you can't compare it to what rookie QBs did with less favorable rules. You said you can compare it. So, is 4,000 as great an accomplishment under the current rules as it was awhen Namath did it?

And go back to my original post. Obviously you can and it is being compared hence the reasons why they have records. 

Again, if 10 rookie qb's did what Mayfield just did like your Namath comparison, then I have no problem agreeing with you.

But let's not act like what he did was some common occurrence then say you are giving credit. 

No he isn't! He has much more talent around him. If you watched the Raven game, balls he through up were caught by talented receivers.  Meanwhile did you see the perfect throw Darnold made down the sideline that Cannon dropped?
More than one perfect throw by Sam today that was dropped and he was a little wild today...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

And go back to my original post. Obviously you can and it is being compared hence the reasons why they have records. 

Again, if 10 rookie qb's did what Mayfield just did like your Namath comparison, then I have no problem agreeing with you.

But let's not act like what he did was some common occurrence then say you are giving credit. 

Forgive my French, but that is stupide. It is rare for a rookie to start, and they often start for terrible teams rather than teams experts pick to win 7 to 8 games, like many had predicted for the browns. So, their are rarely  genuine opportunities for a rookie to break the pass td record. Quick, name the past 10 rookie QBs who started for a team with a good enough O that the record was obtainable?

And again. It's a nice record for Baker, but not nearly as impressive under the current rules as you appear to think.

8 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Forgive my French, but that is stupide. It is rare for a rookie to start, and they often start for terrible teams rather than teams experts pick to win 7 to 8 games, like many had predicted for the browns. So, their are rarely  genuine opportunities for a rookie to break the pass td record. Quick, name the past 10 rookie QBs who started for a team with a good enough O that the record was obtainable?

And again. It's a nice record for Baker, but not nearly as impressive under the current rules as you appear to think.

It isnt rare for a rookie to start, not in this day and age. And many do start on terrible teams. The one who broke the record played for a team that won 1 game in 2 years. 

Look, quit the shenanigans. Dude balled the hell out and broke a 20 year record in 12 starts. And I dont have to play trivia when Mayfield played for a team that went 1-31 before him. 

It isnt rare for a rookie to start, not in this day and age. And many do start on terrible teams. The one who broke the record played for a team that won 1 game in 2 years. 

Look, quit the shenanigans. Dude balled the hell out and broke a 20 year record in 12 starts. And I dont have to play trivia when Mayfield played for a team that went 1-31 before him. 

Wake me when baker breaks a record people care about.

Cleveland would vote for their guy.

if we had Mayfield..we’d be voting for him...too

but trying to be as objective as I can be....my hunch is Darnold ..over a span of the next 2 decades.....is the one you’d want as your QB.  Mayfield is special..though..no doubt about it.  But Darnold will be like fine wine.  

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So you'd take our supporting cast over bakers???

Yeah such a horrible team around him he had to carry. Gimme a break. Baker has a much better cast than any other rookie QB other than maybe Lamar, this shouldn't even be a discussion. Also that Browns team of the last 2 years is much much different from the one this year, minus Deshone kizer as well.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Wake me up when the haters stop hating

He played his ass off today . Looked great. A lot to look forward to with both of them. Personally I’m looking forward to see Lamar Jackson in the playoffs. So nice to see young QBs coming on. Been awhile since a draft dropped this many who are balling so quickly. 

41 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Baker wouldn't last in NY, especially with this sad sack franchise. I'll stick with Darnold for that reason alone.

Dude, quarterbacks couldnt last in Cleveland. There's been like 30 of them. This franchise is (was) known as "the place where careers go to die". Dude is doing this in Cleveland.

F'ing Cleveland! 

4 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Yeah such a horrible team around him he had to carry. Gimme a break. Baker has a much better cast than any other rookie QB other than maybe Lamar, this shouldn't even be a discussion. Also that Browns team of the last 2 years is much much different from the one this year, minus Deshone kizer as well.

A tribute..in large part..to Baker’s elusiveness?

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Wake me up when the haters stop hating

I like him. He was my second ranked QB in the draft. He's going to be great  pro. He desn't need you to sing his praises for breaking a lame a$$ record. Whiich it is. Really, every "rookie" record is stupid. They are not real records. The real record for passing TDs is 50 I believe. You can post praise for a non jet QB on a jet fan site only when they break a real record.

18 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Id take Baker over Darnold. That's what I would do since that's the topic

And since I watch these games I can tell you immediately that Kitchens has ran an offense that gets the ball out quickly, and he has a great Center/Guards trio for sure. With thag said, much of Bakers success in the pocket is his movement within the pocket. I could make an entire film just on his pocket awareness alone. 

Folks who get stats from twitter may not understand that if they didnt watch the games. 

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I like him. He was my second ranked QB in the draft. He's going to be great  pro. He desn't need you to sing his praises for breaking a lame a$$ record. Whiich it is. Really, every "rookie" record is stupid. They are not real records. The real record for passing TDs is 50 I believe. You can post praise for a non jet QB on a jet fan site only when they break a real record.

Have the haters stopped hating? 

Seems like haters are now claiming broken records arent real records. The record book seem to disagree with the haters tho...

28 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He played his ass off today . Looked great. A lot to look forward to with both of them. Personally I’m looking forward to see Lamar Jackson in the playoffs. So nice to see young QBs coming on. Been awhile since a draft dropped this many who are balling so quickly. 

Yeah he did. The game was entertaining from beginning to end. 

I didnt expect that Option the Ravens are running to be so problematic. It's hard to stop it because no one can react until you locate who the heck has the ball. 

When you're so busy trying to concentrate on keys you get rocked to sleep because you've now forgot about the passing game. 

That Ravens team with that defense is dangerous. Im not saying SB but they can upset a team for sure. 

Playoffs are going to be epic this year. Alot of high octane teams and some unorthodox teams

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Wasn’t this very same poll posted like a week ago? This Mayfield v Darnold bullsh*t never ends. 

Exactly.

Who cares? Lol you guys know what you are getting every time you make this thread.

Baker is a better QB at this very moment. I don’t think he will be better than Darnold in 5-7 years. Depends on what gets put around Darnold too though. It’s not as cut and dry as posters try to make it seem.

I’m totally comfortable with who we picked because I believe Sam Darnold can be a top 5 QB in this league when all is said and done.

Good for Baker and his record, or whatever.

19 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Have the haters stopped hating? 

Seems like haters are now claiming broken records arent real records. The record book seem to disagree with the haters tho...

Weird. Since I never hated Mayfield, this makes no sense. Are you not sophisticated enough to like a player and comprehend why a "rookie" record is not a real record. 

.... Fanboys gonna fan.... I guess...

17 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Weird. Since I never hated Mayfield, this makes no sense. Are you not sophisticated enough to like a player and comprehend why a "rookie" record is not a real record. 

.... Fanboys gonna fan.... I guess...

Haters now trying to insult folks intelligence through a belief that, reiterating false statements that "rookie records are not real records", though it can be found in the real records book. Lol

Haters gonna.....

Haters now trying to insult folks intelligence through a belief that, reiterating false statements that rookie records are not real records, though it can be found in the real records book are not real records.

Haters gonna.....

OMG. Let it go. Who holds the rookie records for passing yards, completion percentage, completions, sacks,  receptions, receiving yards, tackles, net punting average, field goals, etc... 

Answer: no one cares. They are not real records 

Archived