Bowles gone- schefter tweeted it

JetsYanks13

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I’ve had my belly full of Todd Bowles as HC, I wish him the best in his future endeavors.

As far as not firing Mac, it’s unconscionable. This guy has spent hundreds of millions of dollars in the last 4 years, picked a sh*t ton of crappy DPs, had a couple winners and a QB that fell in his lap and he keeps his job??? Not to mention neglecting the O-line which in today’s game of football, is critical if you want to go anywhere’s in the NFL. What am I missing here?

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I hate to say it but he's going to get a lot of action thanks to the Rooney rule.  Whether he will be seriously considered is another story.  I think he can land a DC job but he might have to settle for DB coach.  

Let's be brutally honest.  The guy has no shot at TV.  

OK, heres the thing. If I had to post to what Bowles might coach the worst, I would probably say defensive back scheme. It is just terrible. It is not only super complicated, but it often does not match what the rest of the defense is doing. It would amaze me if he is hired again even as DB coach, but then again there are rumors of Rex becoming head coach in Miami

OK, heres the thing. If I had to post to what Bowles might coach the worst, I would probably say defensive back scheme. It is just terrible. It is not only super complicated, but it often does not match what the rest of the defense is doing. It would amaze me if he is hired again even as DB coach, but then again there are rumors of Rex becoming head coach in Miami
In a league where Bob Sutton (and worse) are DCs, I can guarantee you Bowles will have a coordinator job next year if he wants one. He's one of many guys that are good football men but bad head coaches.

49 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Why not? The Jets go defensive coordinator all the time when they hire a Head Coach. 

Caldwell is the complete opposite. A former head coach with a winning record, and 2 SB rings as a coordinator.

Who are the other options right now? I'm just throwing out Caldwell as a possibility.

After watching Caldwell as Lions Coach believe me you don't want him in NY. He is Todd Bowles with a better resume. His teams with the Lions never were any good and he always did just enough to lose. He had a bunch of 9-7 years with a team that started like gangbusters and faded badly down the stretch. Never seemed to win the big one and always fell just short. No. Jim Caldwell maybe a decent Coordinator but as a HC he just can't seem to get it done.

1 hour ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Interesting they did it tonight as opposed to tommorow.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Teams are already making moves.  The Packers have been reaching out to coaches before today's final game was even played.  Dirk Koetter was fired from Tampa Bay this afternoon before Bowles was fired in NY.  This franchise can't wait.  The search is on!

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

After watching Caldwell as Lions Coach believe me you don't want him in NY. He is Todd Bowles with a better resume. His teams with the Lions never were any good and he always did just enough to lose. He had a bunch of 9-7 years with a team that started like gangbusters and faded badly down the stretch. Never seemed to win the big one and always fell just short. No. Jim Caldwell maybe a decent Coordinator but as a HC he just can't seem to get it done.

Fair points. I obviously didn't watch him week to week in Detroit but I looked over his record there and it looked to me like he got a raw deal. He took that team to the playoffs twice and got fired after back to back 9-7 seasons. His track record makes it look like he can win with good players and stability at the QB position. Something that the Jets (it least at QB) might finally have.

But I didn't look to deep into his seasons as Head Coach there. If his teams had a tendency to fade down the stretch that would definitely be concerning and I do remember his teams losing lots of big games even dating back to his time in Indy as well. 

Well after reading the whole Thread I just gotta say BOUT TIME. Seriously though Todd Bowles is a good man who should have been put out of his misery weeks ago. It was kind of cruel that they didn't do it sooner. Adios Todd. Your passion will not be forgotten:

image.png.a2aab67ae6f325ff9ad48b87aa167755.png

5 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Woody couldn’t come up with a thank you message? I mean it’s not like he’s on a safari in Zimbabwe without internet access. 

As an ambassador I don't think he's allowed or it's not the done thing. He's effectively surrendered his business interests in being in that position.

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I would like to see Macc get fired as well but it doesn't look like that's happening. That most likely means no Jim Harbaugh or Mike McCarthy. I hope they interview Jim Caldwell. He's an intriguing option if you're looking to go with a guy whose had prior Head Coaching experience.

Harbaugh will stay at Michigan 

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

Vachiano saying the same ol journalist bs....mac got a qb, 100 million cap space, blah blah blah.

Never do they mention how long it took to get a qb, the ones they past on, the ones he missed on, all the picks THAT ARENT EVEN IN THE GODDAMN NFL!

The media really is the enemy of the people.

Don't  bring that garbage in here. 

Archived