Bowles gets the axe + Mac stays ***official***

Integrity28

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, T0mShane said:

I chronicle Jets history and correct the record so you simps don’t stick your tiny peckers into the truth.

:rolleyes:  In other words you just make up crap as you go. Your obsession with dicks/peckers is starting to make sense. 

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And even Maccagnan was off of the C-List! They hired him because no one else would take the job! Casserly pulled him out of the Texans’ basement! 

Just disgusting.  A NY Franchise...I’ll say it again a NY Franchise has such trouble hiring front office and coaching talent as though the job was in Minot, North Dakota or something.

Hey that’s what happens.  Has the owner ever really succeeded at anything by himself? Has he ever personally built anything?  So actually none of this should be all that surprising.

But I did read he tried to hire Mike Holmgren and give him total power, but his wife sunk it...then we wound up with Maccagnan and Bowles.

Hopefully with Darnold they just get lucky in a hire and the draft.  I’d rather Maccagnan close his eyes and throw darts next draft...it will lead to a better result.

The one encouraging thing I’m seeing is that a lot of national football writers are asking why the f*ck Todd gets sacked and Maccagnan gets to keep his job. Maybe that puts a little pressure on Chris to reconsider keeping Maccagnan around, or maybe that doesn’t occur to him until the agents for actual coaches start whispering in his ear that Maccagnan’s presence is a non-starter for their client 

Just now, T0mShane said:

The one encouraging thing I’m seeing is that a lot of national football writers are asking why the f*ck Todd gets sacked and Maccagnan gets to keep his job. Maybe that puts a little pressure on Chris to reconsider keeping Maccagnan around, or maybe that doesn’t occur to him until the agents for actual coaches start whispering in his ear that Maccagnan’s presence is a non-starter for their client 

Nope. It’s too late. All those worthless sh*theads were quiet when it mattered. F our stupid ownership and F those stupid reporters that didn’t speak up when it mattered. F!!!!!!!!!.....G!!!!!!.....H!!!!!!!!... ahhhh nvm!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Bold has been my concern the last couple of months. Seems too obvious, and yet...

6 minutes ago, derp said:

Bold has been my concern the last couple of months. Seems too obvious, and yet...

Then again, say you had the big client who liked Darnold and the cap space, etc, I’d assume you would just call Chris Johnson and tell him directly that it’s Urban Meyer/Harbaugh/McCarthy *or* it’s Maccagnan, and that call likely takes place a week ago. So, we’re doomed regardless 

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Macc is an intellectual idiot. He is firmly planted in Florham Park soil. He looks and talks the part. If they were going to fire him, he would have been fired with Bowles. This is probably Mac’s last year to prove himself. It’s a huge year with big money that’s going to be spent and despite this team’s lack of recent success, will be very telling of the progress we are able to make. 

P.S.  I’m totally confident he will lay an egg(s).

13 minutes ago, derp said:

A sensible coaching candidate is liable to ask Maccagnan about Hackenberg, Adams over the QBs, Trumaine Johnson, the OL and pass rush disasters...

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Then again, say you had the big client who liked Darnold and the cap space, etc, I’d assume you would just call Chris Johnson and tell him directly that it’s Urban Meyer/Harbaugh/McCarthy *or* it’s Maccagnan, and that call likely takes place a week ago. So, we’re doomed regardless 

CC597725-2110-458B-83DD-EDFD054B5902.gif.f21f8cc498dfc3fce9ad9d09191dd881.gif

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

A sensible coaching candidate is liable to ask Maccagnan about Hackenberg, Adams over the QBs, Trumaine Johnson, the OL and pass rush disasters...

A sensible HC will look at Adams and Tru and say wow they were used horribly in their current systems. 

a few points:

1. I don't think Woody can get involved until he leave the Ambassador job - this was posted on another thread

2. Does this really surprise people? Many on this site and reporters have been saying that Mac was going to stay - for better or worse.

3. Plenty of coaches will be willing to coach here; many different stories have the Jets as the #1 or #2 best coaching position; NY market, Darnold, 100 million in cap and #3 pick - also didn't Oakland hire a coach last year, and is now replacing GM - glad he didn't come here, but Gruden was one of those coaches everyone said wouldn't go where he wasn't in control.

We had a sh*tty game today, but now after all of the complaining, Bowles is gone. Not a surprise. Mac is still here. Not a surprise. The sun will come up tomorrow - hopefully we land a great coach, have a good offseason, a great draft, and a good/great year next year.

There’s nothing that says Macc won’t be fired. If Harbaugh is the candidate or maybe even McCarthy they may flat out offer to can him as part of the deal. If they can’t land the big fish then they’ll probably let Macc hire the coach and be 100% responsible for results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So now we believe the writers :rl:

It’s an interesting narrative- perpetuating the idea that Bowles is highly thought of in the NFL and will easily find a new gig, while suggesting that perhaps the wrong guy was fired. I don’t know who you think of as writers but these are national sites this is appearing on not local 

1 minute ago, Xtina said:

It’s an interesting narrative- perpetuating the idea that Bowles is highly thought of in the NFL and will easily find a new gig, while suggesting that perhaps the wrong guy was fired. I don’t know who you think of as writers but these are national sites this is appearing on not local 

So Bowels is respected in the NFL and by writers it still does not make him a good HC.  We'll see how easily he finds a new gig , if he doesn't get the AZ job he's in trouble, 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t know if there’s anyone this cycle who has that kind of pull unfortunately. Only hope is they hire someone above Maccagnan (ie Cowher) and neuter him. 

Because if they fire him and keep the coach they’re not going to be able to find a good GM.

It’s a mess.

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

I want to agree but just cant Bowles was such a crap show  we could have drafted studs and they would have sucked. 

We should have tried this.  Draft some studs and then let Bowles make them suck.  Instead we just drafted crap and let Bowles keep them as crap.

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

So Bowels is respected in the NFL and by writers it still does not make him a good HC.  We'll see how easily he finds a new gig , if he doesn't get the AZ job he's in trouble, 

The point is what they are hinting about Mac 

Archived