You're Mike Maccagnan. Who do you hire as the Jets head coach?

Aussie Jet

Your pick as our next head coach  

109 members have voted

1. 1. You are Mike Maccagnan. Who do you hire as our next head coach?

• Jim Harbaugh
    • John Harbaugh
    • Bruce Arians
    • Dan Campbell
    • Matt Campbell
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • John DeFilippo
    • Mike McCarthy
    • Lincoln Riley
    • Zac Taylor
    • Jim Caldwell
    • Hue Jackson
    • Someone else (state who in comments)

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Neither of the Harbaugh's were ever coming here regardless if Mac stayed or not. McCarthy we'll see what shakes out there. The Jets will have candidates to choose from , having Sam insures that. The real question is do they do what's best for Sam or do they try and satisfy the fan base because IMO that may be two different things. 

Make no mistake, not firing Mac is a poor decision by a poorly run franchise. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

If McCarthy chooses to work with Rosen over Darnold it's because your boy Mac is still here. Anyways, tell me you dream coach you really want to coach here next season.

No "dream coach" available but from the names I've seen I'll take Chris Petersen, Matt Campbell, McCarthy.

The Harbaughs are not available.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

No "dream coach" available but from the names I've seen I'll take Chris Petersen, Matt Campbell, McCarthy.

The Harbaughs are not available.

This is how Pac sets himself up for absolutely loving literally any coach the Jets end up with. 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is how Pac sets himself up for absolutely loving literally any coach the Jets end up with. 

What say you?  I thought I remember a Harbaugh vote of confidence in another thread.  Who is the guy they can get that makes you say, ok, I like that.

33 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

What say you?  I thought I remember a Harbaugh vote of confidence in another thread.  Who is the guy they can get that makes you say, ok, I like that.

He'll name someone that's not available incorrectly using Maccs presence as the reason they're not available.

That's how Shane's sets himself to absolutely hate literally any coach the Jets end up with.

Pete Carmichael

As the OC or QB/passing game coach under payton the saints have been:

In yardage in the league.  

6 times 1st

3 times 2nd

2 times 4th

2 times 6th

That is an impressive offensive mind.  At the very least he will know how to build an offense and how to handle a QB.

If I was Maccagnan, I would look back at every coach hired after Parcells as to why they have failed including Bowles!!!

All were defensive coaches with NO prior head coaching experience!!! This team needs a candidate with head coaching experience NOT a coach who is learning on the job!!! The head coach to be hired should have some type of background with offense. The head coach should be able to hire his own staff and mainly a qualified offensive coordinator that can develop Sam Darnold. 

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m agnostic on it because I’m not sure it matters. 

That's a very weak answer.

You obviously liked the idea of Jim Harbaugh but since he's n/a you can't name 1 coach you'd like to see? 

1?

7 hours ago, Pac said:

That's a very weak answer.

You obviously liked the idea of Jim Harbaugh but since he's n/a you can't name 1 coach you'd like to see? 

1?

I would like to see Mike Maccagnan hire Jim Harbaugh for the same reasons I would like you to adopt a pet alligator.

Someone voted Hue Jackson ❤️ 

Honestly nobody good is coming here with the leftover baggage of sh*tsville

I honestly was for once, really hoping for a real VP of Football Ops type to come in and completely change the culture top to bottom...finally.. But that's not gonna happen so **** it. Here's hoping Darnold has god like abilities 

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Someone voted Hue Jackson ❤️ 

Honestly nobody good is coming here with the leftover baggage of sh*tsville

I honestly was for once, really hoping for a real VP of Football Ops type to come in and completely change the culture top to bottom...finally.. But that's not gonna happen so **** it. Here's hoping Darnold has god like abilities 

Who were you hoping for Charley (Hey Mo) Casserly.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

At some point in the next two weeks, Pac is going to be forced to vociferously and earnestly argue that Jeff Fisher was his dream hire all along, and baby, I am here for it.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I would like to see Mike Maccagnan Fire Jim Harbaugh for the same reasons I would like you to adopt a pet alligator.

I had a pet alligator when I was a kid. My Father brought him home back in the early 80s when he was with the Florida Marine Patrol. I named him Killer. He was cool. And then he ate one of my Dads uniform Corfram shoes. Never saw Killer again. Sad.

LMAO.....   I highly doubt any veteran coach is going to want to work with this fool.   They have seen his personnel record.  Many will reach out to Bowles to feel out the water.  Have you heard that Bowles will be a hot DC candidate...  He is still a respected coach.   Granted he didnt so well as an HC but man did he not have any talent.  Not even some of this college guys will go.

You got Cleveland with tons of talent... You got Arizona with talent.  Hell even the Bucs have talent.  Packers... Why would a coach come here without Personnel control and trust a crappy personnel guy.  2nd rd picks wasted... Hackenberg.  Devin Smith.... 

Who do I hire... I cant hire... I need to BEG.

Archived