You're Mike Maccagnan. Who do you hire as the Jets head coach?

Aussie Jet

Your pick as our next head coach  

109 members have voted

1. 1. You are Mike Maccagnan. Who do you hire as our next head coach?

• Jim Harbaugh
    • John Harbaugh
    • Bruce Arians
    • Dan Campbell
    • Matt Campbell
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • John DeFilippo
    • Mike McCarthy
    • Lincoln Riley
    • Zac Taylor
    • Jim Caldwell
    • Hue Jackson
    • Someone else (state who in comments)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went a different way.  KC had an incredible offense this season.  Last year's OC, Matt Nagy, went on to have a very good season in CHI with a young QB in his second year.  I'm officially intrigued by Eric Bieniemy to be this year's version of that.  He's only been OC for a year, and Andy Reid still calls most of the shots there, but look at what Mahomes did this year and if Bieniemy can bring a little of that magic here, then sign me up.  
Yeah, we don't have the same weapons KC does, but you have to start somewhere and if EB can bring in a system that has proven to work, then sign me up.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

At some point in the next two weeks, Pac is going to be forced to vociferously and earnestly argue that Jeff Fisher was his dream hire all along, and baby, I am here for it.

If Jeff Fisher is hired then I'll concede without a shadow of a doubt that you were 100% correct all along and I've been an idiot.

But we both know that's not even a possibility.

I was shouting for Reich for a couple months last year.  That seemed to work out pretty well for the Colts.

3 hours ago, Pac said:

name 3 of these "top candidates" that would turn down the Jets.

I could see McCarthy preferring the low stress environment in AZ to NY but who else?

Forget the NYC environment.... No one is gonna want to work with MAC... He is horrible.  Maybe a college coach because they don't know better.

Honestly... I want a go for it coach... I want the coach to have J. Adams passion... Age should not matter... Just balls of steel.

My wish list. no particular order...

OLD HEADS

Bruce Arians

Norv Turner

Mike Shannahan

2ND CHANCE

Jim Schwartz

Jack Del Rio

Gregg Williams

Dan Campbell

NEW COMERS

Matt Campbell

Zac Taylor

Eric Bienemy

Kitchens. We need a young offensive mind and he did a great job with Mayfield. The Browns are stupid idiots for not keeping on keeping on.

On that note, if we’re gonna hire a retread, I’d be down with Doctor Heat as long as Kitchens comes with him. We’d risk a Shanahan/Quinn situation, though, so I’d rather just hire the OC as head coach to begin with.

7 hours ago, Pac said:

Come on we're friends here.

Give me 1 name, bro.

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Smart move. You can't sarcastically mock a guy you wanted them to hire. 

Helping Maccagnan pick a new Jets Coach is like going down to the bus station to help a serial killer pick his next victim. 

We aren't getting a big name Head Coach with Macc staying on as the GM. Neither of the Harbaugh's (if they were even available) or McCarthy are coming here. All 3 of those people have enough clout in the league to be able to bring in their own GMs. They aren't going to come to work with Macc.

It's going to be a coordinator getting his first chance or a HC getting a second or third chance. They need to make sure they get a guy who can develop Darnold. That's the key.

9 hours ago, HessStation said:

Someone voted Hue Jackson ❤️ 

Honestly nobody good is coming here with the leftover baggage of sh*tsville

I honestly was for once, really hoping for a real VP of Football Ops type to come in and completely change the culture top to bottom...finally.. But that's not gonna happen so **** it. Here's hoping Darnold has god like abilities 

I thought everyone would be lining up to work with Darnold and the cap space?

Not at all interested in the "Top Candidates". McCarthy would be a disaster in New York, Shanahan has reached the advisory stage of his career, not coaching....and the Harbaughs aren't coming. So, I would go with Matt Campbell. Strong leadership skills and a sharp, innovative offensive mind. Bring in a strong DC preferably with experience. See if you can peel off Zac Taylor from LA to be an OC.

On Monday, Jets CEO Christopher Johnson said, “Todd Bowles is our head coach.” On Sunday, Jets CEO Christopher Johnson said, “Todd Bowles was our head coach.” The Jets have announced that Bowles won’t return in 2019. It’s not a surprise. PFT reported last weekend that the Jets planned to fire Bowles and pursue Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh. The Jets issued a statement attempting to refute that report. Half of it has come to fruition. Next up is whether the Jets will pursue Harbaugh. The early buzz is that Bowles, who finishes with a record of 24-40, could resurface in Washington, as the defensive coordinator. He had been a successful defensive coach before joining the Jets.

After Michigan got trounced I hope Jim Harbaugh comes to the Jets when Figurehead Mac makes him an offer he can't refuse.

Mike McCarthy, Head Coach

Gregg Williams, DC

OC, any of the many "hot candidates" in college everyone is all hot over.  

Would tick all my preferred boxes. 

Experienced, offensive minded, track record of success, record of working with a young franchise QB.

Might not work, but worth a try.  

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Mike McCarthy, Head Coach

Gregg Williams, DC

OC, any of the many "hot candidates" in college everyone is all hot over.  

Would tick all my preferred boxes. 

Experienced, offensive minded, track record of success, record of working with a young franchise QB.

Might not work, but worth a try.  

I'll skip McCarthy... i just don't get the appeal, but I respect your opinion. I will ask why a college hot shot HC would jump to take an OC job in the NFL? Seems like you'd need them to jump into the big chair or they're staying put.

1 minute ago, RVAJet815 said:

I'll skip McCarthy... i just don't get the appeal, but I respect your opinion. I will ask why a college hot shot HC would jump to take an OC job in the NFL? Seems like you'd need them to jump into the big chair or they're staying put.

College isn't the NFL, it's the minor leagues, and time and again hot shot college coaches have shown they can't cut it at the NFL Level.

No Steve Spurriers, please.  I'm ok risking an OC slot on one, not a Head Coach slot.  College rah rah doesn't work in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

College isn't the NFL, it's the minor leagues, and time and again hot shot college coaches have shown they can't cut it at the NFL Level.

No Steve Spurriers, please.  I'm ok risking an OC slot on one, not a Head Coach slot.  College rah rah doesn't work in the NFL.

I see what you're saying...but my point is you're not getting anyone to agree to do that. 

3 hours ago, ECURB said:

The only choice that would get me excited is if we got revenge on BB for ditching the Jets and threw big money at McDaniels to come run the show.

I know it's a longshot but wow would that be great.

I would rather hire Rich Kotite than get that obnoxious hack moron McDaniels

Archived