Help me understand the logic here...

NoBowles

8 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Well how bad can the roster be if the team managed some impressive wins? 

The winnable games which should have been won:  Green Bay, Houston, Tennessee, Cleveland and 1 of the 2 Miami games.

That would have the Jets being a 9 win team.  They should have won AT LEAST three of those games and be sitting on 7 wins.  They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in the games vs. Cleveland, Tennessee, Houston, and Green Bay.

1) J&J have no idea what they’re doing when hiring either a HC or GM. That’s why they had to hire consultants to hire both Bowles and Macc. They probably just don’t want to go through that again, and

2) Say what you want about Mac, he landed Darnold and did enough things right to keep his job. 

But, I think it’s more due to reason #1

Sadly, I was admittedly still in Bowles corner going into this year.

The mere decision to start Darnold behind that offensive line, and with that offensive personell, was reason enough for me to finally accept he was not the right guy.

As much as I dislike management turnover, it was not smart and ultimately his demise.

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

So after my initial excitement over hiring Todd Bowles, who both Parcells and Arians spoke very highly of, it started to set in that Bowles was not HC material, from the staffs he built, to the team philosophy, the game planning, the lack of discipline and on and on. I have been very vocal the Jets need to get rid of Bowles.

That said, anyone watching this team can see that outside of a few players, this is not a talented roster, particularly where it matters most outside of hopefully Darnold.

i felt strong that both Mac and Bowles should have been gone at the end of last year.

im really struggling to understand the logic in keeping MAC. 

The only thing I can come up with is that the Johnsons gave Bowles even more roster say than I think he had, and Mac was truly more of an administrator than a GM.

best move would have been to clean house and bring on a true football guy, either GM, HC or head of football ops. Really struggling to understand this. 

Help me understand the logic here.

1. You sign up here with the name No Bowles.

2. You get your wish.

3. You post asking why No Mac isn't a thing

You should have put more thought into your username. Maybe you could have impacted positive change lol.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

You're struggling to understand the logic because none actually exists.  Don't you feel better now?  Glad to help.

Simple.  Other coaches adapted to the mid-season tapes and self-scouting, and the Jets did not.  

I heard they did not even have a self scouter on the staff. 

22 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Help me understand the logic here.

1. You sign up here with the name No Bowles.

2. You get your wish.

3. You post asking why No Mac isn't a thing

You should have put more thought into your username. Maybe you could have impacted positive change lol.

So, how do I get a new screen name?

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

The winnable games which should have been won:  Green Bay, Houston, Tennessee, Cleveland and 1 of the 2 Miami games.

That would have the Jets being a 9 win team.  They should have won AT LEAST three of those games and be sitting on 7 wins.  They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in the games vs. Cleveland, Tennessee, Houston, and Green Bay.

They've always  snatched defeat from the Jaws of Victory under this "Head" Coach.  That's the point.  Same thing with Herm Edwards.  Remember "You play to win the game".  Too bad that's not the way he coached.  Never did.  Same thing with  Bowles.  These guys play "not to lose"..  so they lose.  It's who they are. That is also why every Jet fan knows the exact moment within a game,  when it's all going to start going bad.  It's not because we are pessimists, it's because we've seen it all before.  A hundred times.

2 hours ago, usapaw said:

Mac came in to a no win situation. He deserves to get a shot at picking who he thinks should be the field general for this team. Why he ever agreed to this hideous system installed by the Johnson clan is beyond me? When I look at the state of the JETs I have to question would Wayne Chrebet , Lav. Coles, Snacks, etc make this team under Todd Bowles? Not a chance. Ray Lucas? Never.

Mac deserves one year at the least. The AFC East has been an absolute joke for 16 years with no change, so lets give him a shot. 

LOL!!!

:rl: 

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

There is no logic, except for the fact that this franchise will always make the dumbest possible decision in any given situation.

Maybe they should try to make the wrong decision. Couldn't get any worse!

Well how bad can the roster be if the team managed some impressive wins? 
The roster isn't nearly as bad as it seems.

We aren't loaded with talent, but not horrible. Like others have pointed out we we're close to winning enough games to be 8-8 or 9-7.

That's not bad with a rookie QB. Coaching is the biggest problem. BB would win 12 games with this roster

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, NoBowles said:

So after my initial excitement over hiring Todd Bowles, who both Parcells and Arians spoke very highly of, it started to set in that Bowles was not HC material, from the staffs he built, to the team philosophy, the game planning, the lack of discipline and on and on. I have been very vocal the Jets need to get rid of Bowles.

That said, anyone watching this team can see that outside of a few players, this is not a talented roster, particularly where it matters most outside of hopefully Darnold.

i felt strong that both Mac and Bowles should have been gone at the end of last year.

The only thing I can come up with is that the Johnsons gave Bowles even more roster say than I think he had, and Mac was truly more of an administrator than a GM.

best move would have been to clean house and bring on a true football guy, either GM, HC or head of football ops. Really struggling to understand this. 

Well at least you can seamlessly transition to a new username that’s relevant!  NoMac or NoMike? ?

8 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I would hope the Jets realized that Macc was given a HC who was the worst we have seen since Kotite.  Remember when we had Kotite and everyone though the roster was awful? then we get a real HC and we go from 1 win to 9 in a season which was amazing back then. In 2 years we have a 10 pt lead in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship Game.  I am not 100% sold on Macc but I believe we have much more talent than the record indicates b/c the coaching has been so horrendous. 

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I would hope the Jets realized that Macc was given a HC who was the worst we have seen since Kotite.  Remember when we had Kotite and everyone though the roster was awful? then we get a real HC and we go from 1 win to 9 in a season which was amazing back then. In 2 years we have a 10 pt lead in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship Game.  I am not 100% sold on Macc but I believe we have much more talent than the record indicates b/c the coaching has been so horrendous. 

I don’t entirely disagree, that said, even where Mac is supposed to be good, he hasn’t shown to be good.

10 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

We have been searching for a franchise QB for 50 years and he got us 1. That's why he gets a pass. 

Not saying I agree with it, but that's why.

But he passed on drafting two franchise QB's the year before and tried to pay a JAG $90 Million.

Getting Darnold was dumb luck.

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

But he passed on drafting two franchise QB's the year before and tried to pay a JAG $90 Million.

Getting Darnold was dumb luck.

Is there anything more pathetic and defeatist than the "we've sucked so bad throughout existence, but Mac got us a QB so he can stay" argument.

Just gutless. 

11 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I struggle with trying to figure out when the last time that the Johnson's made any sense at all.  McCagnan is at the very least as responsible for the failure as was Bowles. One can't pick, the other can't Coach (at a HC level at least) NHo worthwhile candidate will be the least bit interested in this job. The Johnson's aren't about winning, they are about money. 

6 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Is there anything more pathetic and defeatist than the "we've sucked so bad throughout existence, but Mac got us a QB so he can stay" argument.

Just gutless. 

It is the most pathetic argument of all.   

Keeping Mac is a huge mistake.

We can't change it.  Stuck with it.

Hope for the best and hope Mac doesn't continue to trip over his own feet (wishful thinking).

I am resigned to it.  It's flat out depressing to see just how stupid the team ownership is.  I mean we knew they were dumb, but this?  

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

It is the most pathetic argument of all.   

Keeping Mac is a huge mistake.

We can't change it.  Stuck with it.

Hope for the best and hope Mac doesn't continue to trip over his own feet (wishful thinking).

I am resigned to it.  It's flat out depressing to see just how stupid the team ownership is.  I mean we knew they were dumb, but this?  

I really don’t understand what went on with Mac and Bowles. All he reports are claiming their was a disconnect regarding personnel and a pissing match. This makes sense when trying to flex their muscles at each other. If that’s the case, I would imagine Bowles actually had very little influence on draft picks. This makes Mac look even worse.

Bowles is a nightmare, don’t get me wrong, but Mac is not much better and that’s what scares me. I’ve adjusted expectations as I’ve said and will just go through the motions. It’s like banging your wife when there’s nothing left to the marriage. At this rate, the banging will be permanently coming to an end if they mess up Sam. 

Archived