Let’s Get Bruce Arians in Here

The_Jet_Nation

McCarthy "does not intend to pursue the Cardinals opening" and would be more than happy to sit out the 2019 campaign if he doesn't find the perfect opening this offseason. Arians would be a good fit to rebuild the Jets broken offense. Question is can we convince Bruce to come out of retirement? Can Maccagnan sell it? 

88297E5F-B7C5-4B15-9E09-7FD584167734.jpeg

Just now, Jack Straw said:

Todd Bowles and Bruce Arians are best friends. I'm sure they talk all the time. I'm sure Todd won't have nice things to say about the Jets' job, and I'm sure Bruce wouldn't be excited to take his best friend's job.

Thread ender.

11 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Todd Bowles and Bruce Arians are best friends. I'm sure they talk all the time. I'm sure Todd won't have nice things to say about the Jets' job, and I'm sure Bruce wouldn't be excited to take his best friend's job.

I work in the same building as the NFL.

I saw Cowher and Arians in the lobby a few weeks back. I told Bruce to come and save the Jets. He laughed in my face.

15 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

What could Todd really be mad about though? The Jets treated him well. He had 4 years. He was 24-40. And if the team went 6-10 or 7-9 this year, he probably would have been back for year 5. The Jets were more than fair to him. Plus he's still got a good amount of money coming to him. 

Remember that you were just passing through the lobby when you approached Bill and Bruce. Of course they took it lightly. But Bruce is a Jersey guy, and his friendship with Todd has nothing to do with his decision. Bruce is only 66, and if you’re Concerned about pairing him with a 21 year old QB, are you saying the next coach has to be in his 30’s or 40’s?  That eliminates some good candidates. I think we need a disciplinarian in here. A great football mind, and a HC that will produce the most from this roster. 

Archived