Sign in to follow this  
k-met57

Outside the box candidate...

Gary Kubiak. Not sure I want him but he seems to check a lot of boxes if he comes back to coaching.

- relationship with Macc

- offensive mind

- experiences and authority figure

- again I am not sure we are getting the macarthy type with Macc here and on the hot seat

thoughts?

• Upvote 3

considering he stepped down due to health reasons 2 years back, I'd consider this a long shot

I read that he was looking to come back to the nfl
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

He already has heart/stress concerns and you want to bring him HERE of all places? No, murder is not ok. 

I agree with you. He retired because of heart concerns, this is the last place he should coach.

• Upvote 1

I brought this up a while back

I’d absolutely be interested.

A Super Bowl winning, Shanahan disciple who had a middling talent like Matt Schaub playing at a pro-bowl level in Houston.

Add the Maccagnan connection and I think it’s a real possibility if he’s serious about getting back into coaching.

We wouldn’t have to completely change up the offense on Darnold either.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Outside the box candidate...

Oh, I thought this was a Jamal Adams joke about being a box safety.

• Upvote 1

The thing about a guy like this or McCarthy is that you have a better chance of getting good assistant as well if you ask me.  Experienced guys who are respected been in the league for years.  A young hot shot offensive guy like the Rams coach really needs to find a wade phillips to help him.

• Upvote 3

He should get the Browns job.
Will be interesting to see if the Browns will keep Kitchens after Williams is fired. What he did with that offense is really impressive, he will be a hot name this off-season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

He’s an interesting name. He may get the browns job or they can keep the power structure as is in Cleveland, but they risk loosing him if he accepts a HC job.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Do you and @Maxman really think Dorsey would break up what's working so well? I've read about Kitchens becoming a HC candidate a few times the last week. I just don't see it happening. It is surprising that he's gone from obscurity to a hot name in 2 months though.

8 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I would rather have those three playing for us in 2019.

LOL

Dude, Im at a loss, I have no idea.  I read somewhere they have already reached out to Chuck Pagano and Jim Caldwell - I almost puked.  McCarthy is intriguing but again he shud have won more with Rogers and respect anyone who hires Mike Pettine as their DC.

LOL

Dude, Im at a loss, I have no idea.  I read somewhere they have already reached out to Chuck Pagano and Jim Caldwell - I almost puked.  McCarthy is intriguing but again he shud have won more with Rogers and respect anyone who hires Mike Pettine as their DC.

Me too dude. I am convinced they will screw this up in a big way no matter what tho.

8 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Gary Kubiak. Not sure I want him but he seems to check a lot of boxes if he comes back to coaching.

- relationship with Macc

- offensive mind

- experiences and authority figure

- again I am not sure we are getting the macarthy type with Macc here and on the hot seat

thoughts?

No thanks, he did a decent job in Houston but they won in an unusual way in Denver w/ all D and no offense in 2015.  I don't want Kubiak or Shanahan