no good head coach will come here

kmnj

nobody will want to come work for a guy that built one of the worst rosters in football and a lame duck gm

typical jets only getting it half right which means getting it all wrong

I am done with the Jets-paid psls going up for sale and if they dont sell I am walking way from them

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Good use of another thread. The QB is the one who will attract the coaches, not the GM.

Exactly.

Promising franchise QB, #3 overall Draft pick, $100M in Cap space, Tom Brady heading into his final season or two with no other team ready to ascend in the AFC East......this job is very, very appealing to anyone who knows what the f**k he's doing.

out talent base is terrible our gm built it -keep dreaming the dream -u think a  coach is going to come here to work with Mac who probably will be fired  after next year and then the coach gets to work for a new gm

the smart thing is to bring in two new guys -two proven guys and you pay them

not sure what some of you folks do for a living defending the level of incompetence mac has shown

3 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Any potential coach worth a grain of salt, will evaluate the entire situation before accepting a job. That’s common sense. There are only 32 nfl head coaching jobs. Why would a coach not want to take this job?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

terrible talent and terrible gm-when you hit on one player a year it will take you a 100 years to be decent...

Just now, kmnj said:

out talent base is terrible our gm built it -keep dreaming the dream -u think a  coach is going to come here to work with Mac who probably will be fired  after next year and then the coach gets to work for a new gm

the smart thing is to bring in two new guys -two proven guys and you pay them

not sure what some of you folks do for a living defending the level of incompetence mac has shown

Bird Box?

8 minutes ago, kmnj said:

nobody will want to come work for a guy that built one of the worst rosters in football and a lame duck gm

I am done with the Jets-paid psls going up for sale and if they dont sell I am walking way from them

Complete and utter nonsense !!

You guys see Birdbox yet?
Not too bad..  a little goofy and similar to The Happening but all in all a good watch.
Can't believe Sandra Bullock is 54..  I'd smash.

My wife watched it, I watched half- got spooked out and watched something else. Although, as in the movie, I should have covered my eyes with cloth for the entire jet game.

3 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Any potential coach worth a grain of salt, will evaluate the entire situation before accepting a job. That’s common sense. There are only 32 nfl head coaching jobs. Why would a coach not want to take this job?

But would they take it over Arizona, Tampa Bay, etc... That's the real question. The Jets are competing with other teams for a HC. 

Just now, JetsYanks13 said:

My wife watched it, I watched half- got spooked out and watched something else. Although, as in the movie, I should have covered my eyes with cloth for the entire jet game.

Nice.

Yeah it wasn't scary per se but a little spooky.  Was hoping nothing happened to the kids.

:Ring ring:

Hello, this is Chris Johnson, heir to the Johnson and Johnson fortune. Apologies for the ricin in the baby powder. Also, would you like to coach a football team in New York? The only catch is you have to wear my large adult son Michael like a fatty skin backpack everywhere you go. Hello? Hello? 

I think a lot of you guys are blowing this out of proportion.

- Sam Darnold

- NYC

- $100 mill in cap space 

- Top 3 pick 

- Low expectations 

- Only 32 of these jobs 

- If you think an established, veteran coach like McCarthy, Harbaugh, Shanahan, etc would not have a major say in personnel decisions if they come here...you’re kidding yourself.

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Sounds interesting and who wouldn’t smash that? 

Check it out..  I've seen way worse.

This weekend I caught up on a couple movies.  In addition to BB watched The Meg and Dunkirk.

The Meg was incredibly stupid but entertaining and looked great in 4K on the OLED.  Dunkirk's soundtrack was great on my Atmos system.

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

no proven coach will come to work for a lame duck gm that has built a terrible roster-any person of quality does not take a job when they know their boss is terrible-you are set up to fail

Exactly, BB didn't want to coach a jet team that had just been to the AFC championship game. HC candidates try to go where they feel they are set up for long term success. Johnsons + Mac > Darnold

Just now, Pac said:

Check it out..  I've seen way worse.

This weekend I caught up on a couple movies.  In addition to BB watched The Meg and Dunkirk.

The Meg was incredibly stupid but entertaining and looked great in 4K on the OLED.  Dunkirk's soundtrack was great on my Atmos system.

The meg was stupid and entertaining. I’ve had Dunkirk for a while and never got around to it. So much sh*t to watch. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

:Ring ring:

Hello, this is Chris Johnson, heir to the Johnson and Johnson fortune. Apologies for the ricin in the baby powder. Also, would you like to coach a football team in New York? The only catch is you have to wear my large adult son Michael like a fatty skin backpack everywhere you go. Hello? Hello? 

Image result for travelers club vodka

Just now, usapaw said:

Somehow I have watched the JETs for 50 years and I turned this movie off after 5 minutes? I thought it was awful. Just MHO.

Yeah I can't blame you.  Not for everyone.  Not like you turned off Goodfellas or anything.

17 minutes ago, kmnj said:

1. There's only 32 of these jobs.

2. The Jets have a young QB who looks like he could be really good.

3. They have a ton of cap room.

4. They have a top 3 draft pick.

Plenty of people will be interested in this job. What you won't get with the Macc still being here is the big name Head Coach. Because that Head Coach would probably want to bring in his own GM to work with because he'd want some control over player decisions. But coordinators, and plenty of former Head Coaches looking for another chance will be interested.

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

But would they take it over Arizona, Tampa Bay, etc... That's the real question. The Jets are competing with other teams for a HC. 

Right and the majority here wanted to fire the GM as well which would have made it so much harder to compete right away with other teams. It would mean Chris Johnson would have to make the decision to find a GM first and then go find a HC. Do you all think that was better .

Archived