no good head coach will come here

kmnj

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, kmnj said:

nobody will want to come work for a guy that built one of the worst rosters in football and a lame duck gm

typical jets only getting it half right which means getting it all wrong

I am done with the Jets-paid psls going up for sale and if they dont sell I am walking way from them

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Also, I don’t buy that Macc is a lame duck GM.

If you’re going to keep him, then you might as well give him another 2 year extension and fully commit.

I know that’s horrifying to some, but it’s really the best course if he’s sticking around.

Indeed.  Because of the way the Jets handled this, the best decision is now to extend the NFLs worst GM.  That’s where we’re at as a franchise.  Go Jets.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Indeed.  Because of the way the Jets handled this, the best decision is now to extend the NFLs worst GM.  That’s where we’re at as a franchise.  Go Jets.

I definitely can’t say I’m fond of it, but we might as well.

Just have to hope that he’s learned from past mistakes and starts drafting more like 2018 instead of 2015-2017.

If there’s any bright spot, at least I think he’ll start investing heavily in the offense knowing how much he has invested in Darnold. 

11 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Right and the majority here wanted to fire the GM as well which would have made it so much harder to compete right away with other teams. It would mean Chris Johnson would have to make the decision to find a GM first and then go find a HC. Do you all think that was better .

Hiring a team.president and letting him do the GM and coach hiring would be best.

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I definitely can’t say I’m fond of it, but we might as well.

Just have to hope that he’s learned from past mistakes and starts drafting more like 2018 instead of 2015-2017.

If there’s any bright spot, at least I think he’ll start investing heavily in the offense knowing how much he has invested in Darnold. 

He’s been a talent evaluator for a very long time - explain to me what the change he makes is... Suddenly, he learned what good players look like, and he’s going to start taking them, instead of guys who can’t even hang around the league?

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Hiring a team.president and letting him do the GM and coach hiring would be best.

Yeah and that will take what 2 months. By then all of the vacancies will be filled and the Jets will be stuck with someone like Jack Del Rio. They did the right thing keeping Mac , now its time to help Sam grow, 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah and that will take what 2 months. By then all of the vacancies will be filled and the Jets will be stuck with someone like Jack Del Rio. They did the right thing keeping Mac , now its time to help Sam grow, 

I don't care how long it takes. It's the right way to do it. Shortcuts are for losers.

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Timing is everything in this business , the Jets have missed that boat many times - let's not do it again. 

We keep repeating the same mistakes. It's time to start doing things right. The Johnsons need to hire a football guy as president and take themselves out of the equation.

15 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

He’s been a talent evaluator for a very long time - explain to me what the change he makes is... Suddenly, he learned what good players look like, and he’s going to start taking them, instead of guys who can’t even hang around the league?

That sure seems like what he did with Darnold and Herndon.

People can say Darnold fell into Macc’s lap all they want, but he still showed the balls to trade up to #3 to even make it a remote possibility. If we simply stayed at #6, we’d be staring down the double barreled, sh*t machine gun of Allen/Rosen for the foreseeable future.

The guy is far from a great GM, but he sure as hell isn’t some Matt Millen level disaster like so many make him out to be. Which I’m convinced it mostly based on the Hackenberg whiff.

I still would’ve preferred moving on, but it is what it is. You can either sit around bitching about it all the live long day, or accept it, move on and hope for the best.

I choose the latter

48 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Exactly.

Promising franchise QB, #3 overall Draft pick, $100M in Cap space, Tom Brady heading into his final season or two with no other team ready to ascend in the AFC East......this job is very, very appealing to anyone who knows what the f**k he's doing.

You left out Mac is still the GM.

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

That sure seems like what he did with Darnold and Herndon.

People can say Darnold fell into Macc’s lap all they want, but he still showed the balls to trade up to #3 to even make it a remote possibility. If we simply stayed at #6, we’d be staring down the double barreled, sh*t machine gun of Allen/Rosen for the foreseeable future.

The guy is far from a great GM, but he sure as hell isn’t some Matt Millen level disaster like so many make him out to be. Which I’m convinced it mostly based on the Hackenberg whiff.

I still would’ve preferred moving on, but it is what it is. You can either sit around bitching about it all the live long day, or accept it, move on and hope for the best.

I choose the latter

Darnold was an easy, obvious pick.  Herndon may be Mac’s first actual good pick.

We easily could have been staring at Allen/Rosen at 3, also.  If Macc wanted to be sure, he needed to go to 1.  So, it is luck that we don’t have one of those two guys.  Don’t buy that, ask yourself, if you’re the Giants GM, who do you take at 2?  Every Giants fan I know says the same thing... Sam Darnold.

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Darnold was an easy, obvious pick.  Herndon may be Mac’s first actual good pick.

We easily could have been staring at Allen/Rosen at 3, also.  If Macc wanted to be sure, he needed to go to 1.  So, it is luck that we don’t have one of those two guys.  Don’t buy that, ask yourself, if you’re the Giants GM, who do you take at 2?  Every Giants fan I know says the same thing... Sam Darnold.

You can chalk it up to luck or whatever...bottom line is Darnold isn’t a Jet unless Macc makes the move to #3. Numerous reports came out that Darnold was the only QB that Elway wanted in Denver. When he was gone, they went with Chubb.

And I’ve come across plenty of Giants fans who defend the Barkley pick tooth and nail.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

nobody will want to come work for a guy that built one of the worst rosters in football and a lame duck gm

I am done with the Jets-paid psls going up for sale and if they dont sell I am walking way from them

I think you may be underestimating the powerful allure of fresh new uniforms man. 

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You keep saying this . But you can play the what if game with any other pick or trade that's made over the past 4 years . what if they kept and paid Mo and Sheldon , what if they extended Fitz for two more years.  Trades and cap space he cleared set him up with capital to make the trade up to 3. What if he stayed at 6 and took Allen , would that have been better ??

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

Why not just wait and see?

36 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

We keep repeating the same mistakes. It's time to start doing things right. The Johnsons need to hire a football guy as president and take themselves out of the equation.

Not happening until they either die or sell the team

10 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

You keep saying this . But you can play the what if game with any other pick or trade that's made over the past 4 years . what if they kept and paid Mo and Sheldon , what if they extended Fitz for two more years.  Trades and cap space he cleared set him up with capital to make the trade up to 3. What if he stayed at 6 and took Allen , would that have been better ??

I keep saying it because it remains the truth, whether you get it or not.  No other trade is relevant, only this one, so I’m not sure why you bring them up.  The point is, if you want to be sure, you must go to 1.  This isn’t rocket science.  Macc moved up to 3.  Mayfield and Darnold both could easily have been gone and he was obviously okay with that.  He made a move that guaranteed him a QB, no Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield.

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I keep saying it because it remains the truth, whether you get it or not.  No other trade is relevant, only this one, so I’m not sure why you bring them up.  The point is, if you want to be sure, you must go to 1.  This isn’t rocket science.  Macc moved up to 3.  Mayfield and Darnold both could easily have been gone and he was obviously okay with that.  He made a move that guaranteed him a QB, no Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield.

We were getting a QB - whether it was Mayfield, Sam or whoever they had rated 3rd . He traded up to insure that .  What don't you understand.  The Jets needed a QB a nd we were getting one .

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I think I prefer dealing with reality but you're disaster scenario is kinda scary I guess.

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

*Your. If you’re going to troll, at least be grammatically correct about it 

Affirmative.

Not sure how that was trolling though.  Seems to me that scare tactics about what could have happened are more trollish than stating I'll deal with what actually transpired.

1 hour ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Any potential coach worth a grain of salt, will evaluate the entire situation before accepting a job. That’s common sense. There are only 32 nfl head coaching jobs. Why would a coach not want to take this job?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Because Mac is on short leash, and he or she will get fired along with Mac in 2 years.

10 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

We were getting a QB - whether it was Mayfield, Sam or whoever they had rated 3rd . He traded up to insure that .  What don't you understand.  The Jets needed a QB a nd we were getting one .

I do understand that.  It’s not my point.  Try and keep up.

Would you have been as happy with Allen/Rosen as you are with Darnold.  If not, understand that the Gettleman, not Macc, is the reason you are happy with the Jets QB situation.

Just now, Pac said:

Affirmative.

Not sure how that was trolling though.  Seems to me that scare tactics about what could have happened are more trollish than stating I'll deal with what happened.

Nah dude. We see your game. You’re on some solo troll quest to be the guy who does Dunkin runs for a GM who has 24 wins in 4 years. But keep doin’ you. 

Just now, TeddEY said:

I do understand that.  It’s not my point.  Try and keep up.

Would you have been as happy with Allen/Rosen as you are with Darnold.  If not, understand that the Gettleman, not Macc, is the reason you are happy with the Jets QB situation.

I'll admit I actually wanted Allen so yes I would have been ok with him, I wasn't crazy about Rosen though. My fear with Sam and with Rosen was playing in the NOrtheastweather being Cali QB's . Its why I liked Allen he was built for this environment.  Would I swap now probably not but Allen has played pretty well for the Bills this season. 

Archived