A Cardinals sportswriter says he hears Mike Mcarthy will be the next head coach of the Browns.

Jetsbb

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Neither of those things is likely true. The Browns would have to make the interview public knowledge due to the ROnney Rule. If you think the Jets were somehow hamstrung and couldn't put together a list prior to today then you are just being silly.  The jets retaining Bowles was a positive to any coach considering the job, and they made their list a month ago. 

I think that would have zero bearing on any incoming coach, zero.

Coaches are going to avoid the browns and packers because they oh so cruelly fired guys in season?  Nonsense.

Pete Carmichael has been an OC for 9yrs.. with NO... so question is why has not one team hired him for HC?  9 years with a hot Offense.  Many coordinators get one hot year and thats good enough... ala Matt Nagy.  Doug Pederson... Rob Chudzinski for crying out loud.   Just saying why 9 years and no bites?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Coaches are going to avoid the browns and packers because they oh so cruelly fired guys in season?  Nonsense.

No but in weighing options would you want to work for the guy who fired someone midday and brought in a replacement did a decent job and did not interview him that shows instability on the owner. At least The jets did it with some decorum

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Neither of those things is likely true. The Browns would have to make the interview public knowledge due to the ROnney Rule. If you think the Jets were somehow hamstrung and couldn't put together a list prior to today then you are just being silly.  The jets retaining Bowles was a positive to any coach considering the job, and they made their list a month ago. 

If McCarthy is offered the job today than it means they interviewed candidates in secret including the minority candidate.

4 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Dorsey doesn’t give a sh*t what the fans or the media thinks. Him picking Mayfield No. 1 was an example of this. He seems to just go with what he thinks are the best people. 

4 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Dorsey doesn’t give a sh*t what the fans or the media thinks. Him picking Mayfield No. 1 was an example of this. He seems to just go with what he thinks are the best people. 

4 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Hard to believe he’d turn down the chance to work with Mike Maccagnan. 

You have to be kidding me, Dorsey did not make all those trades for picks (1st and 4th over all they had the top draft and QB needy teams by the balls last year) and construct 90% of there roster that is all Sashi Brown. And was summarily shown the door. Sashi Brown should have been Jeff Lunhow  but, instead Dorsey will get the credit. Dorsey sh*t canned by the Chiefs for a reason. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah, my guess is that the Browns already contacted McCarthy after firing Hue and let him know that they were interested but wanted to wait until Week 17. 

McCarthy doesn’t like big cities and he’s most definitely going to Cleveland. I’m hating Cleveland more and more by the day.

I dont see McCarthy cottoning to the new york press weasels

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is precisely why you don't wait until the end of the season to fire a coach you know you're firing. I don't know if McCarthy would even be interested in the Jets job but he surely should have been on the list of candidates. The Browns were a step ahead of the crowd.

I think McCarthy is from Ohio.  Small town guy

6 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I honestly don't think that coaches decide on teams with the thought of how Firing Day will go

6 hours ago, TRUE GREEN said:

Pete Carmichael has been an OC for 9yrs.. with NO... so question is why has not one team hired him for HC?  9 years with a hot Offense.  Many coordinators get one hot year and thats good enough... ala Matt Nagy.  Doug Pederson... Rob Chudzinski for crying out loud.   Just saying why 9 years and no bites?

He's never called plays

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This organization doesn't have the greatest reputation to begin with, I would think it doesn't hurt us (with a new coaches opinion) that we didnt fire his predecessor mid season. Despite what people say, despite that in our circumstance it was needed, its still not a good look. We are already looked at like a shytstorm, dumpster fire of a clownhouse, we dont need to add to that. 

8 hours ago, The Walrus said:

Have to say, this beats the draft and waiting for months to know your fate.

I'm very very concerned we're going to get someone vanilla.

Let's hope we learned from recent mistakes.  

Hiring statue Bowels and having him report to the owner, was an overreaction to bombastic Rex and the Idzik mess.  Let's hope they let Macc choose his own coach and hold him accountable for his choice. 

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I would have to disagree. It may be minimal but the positive is there.  You want to stack up the positive column man. 

Of course they will find  a coach but anyone with some track record would have difficulty becoming the Browns Head coach. They may nab McCarthy due to the relationship they already have with him, but here is the list of the Browns HC's over the past 20 years. 

Not exactly big time fella's.  Oh... and we're not the pack. We already have a lot of negatives to overcome. Like our media and ruthless fans. 

Chris Palmer* 19992000 32 5 27 0 .156   [25]
10 Butch Davis* 20012004 58 24 34 0 .414 1 0 1 .000   [26]
Terry Robiskie 2004 6 1 5 0 .167   [27]
11 Romeo Crennel 20052008 64 24 40 0 .375   [28]
12 Eric Mangini 20092010 32 10 22 0 .313   [29]
13 Pat Shurmur 20112012 32 9 23 0 .281   [30]
14 Rob Chudzinski* 2013 16 4 12 0 .250   [31]
15 Mike Pettine* 20142015 32 10 22 0 .313   [32]
16 Hue Jackson 20162018 40 3 36 1 .088   [33]
Gregg Williams

5 hours ago, choon328 said:

If McCarthy is offered the job today than it means they interviewed candidates in secret including the minority candidate.

Where did iy day they were hitting him today ?  it said Mccarthy likely going to Cleveland. 

2 hours ago, jack48 said:

I honestly don't think that coaches decide on teams with the thought of how Firing Day will go

No?  You don't think they look at how committed a team is to allowing them the time to be an actual success?  Clevelend averages 2 years. That's why they continue to get second tier guys at the coaching position. McCarthy has the connection so that may change this season. 

The Jets have never fired someone midseason which is humiliating. You don't see that as a net positive? 

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

My first thought was he would choose to work with Dorsey and groom Baker Mayfield. It's the best choice for McCarthy to be honest. 

McCarthy seems to be a Midwest guy, he’s used to GB which is a tiny market Cleveland is also small market.  Dorsey is a way better GM than Macagnan and the Johnsons are a joke

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

No?  You don't think they look at how committed a team is to allowing them the time to be an actual success?  Clevelend averages 2 years. That's why they continue to get second tier guys at the coaching position. McCarthy has the connection so that may change this season. 

The Jets have never fired someone midseason which is humiliating. You don't see that as a net positive? 

It is all guaranteed money.  And they think they will succeed

Archived