Is Woody the league’s worst owner?

Philc1

Is Woody the league’s worst owner?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Is Woody the league’s worst owner?

• Yes
    • No

Lives in UK doing a made up job.  Publicly admits he doesn’t care about winning.  Extended Bowles last offseason when Matt Nagy and Frank Reich were both available and trying to get hired.  Macagnan can do whatever he wants and win 4-5 games per season next  4 years.  Khalil Mack looks good in a bears uniform 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, talisaynon said:

He is. Because with the near limitless resources being in the nyc area provides he should be able to win a Super Bowl once every 7 years. Yet he can’t even get his org structure right.

hes godamned terrible and I hope he somehow never returns back to New York ever again.

Tim Tebow for offensive coordinator?

Just now, chirorob said:

Snyder is probably worse.

Chargers are good right now, but their owner is a moron who left SD to play in a soccer stadium waiting to rent space in LA.

Dolphins ownership is stellar.  Detroit kept matt millen for years and years.

Snyder for all his faults at least cares and the redskins have a better record than us even after Alex Smith had his leg cut off

4 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

He is. Because with the near limitless resources being in the nyc area provides he should be able to win a Super Bowl once every 7 years. Yet he can’t even get his org structure right.

hes godamned terrible and I hope he somehow never returns back to New York ever again.

Its not baseball, you have a hard cap.

The only place to over spend is coaching, which he has never done.  I think he is crap, but botton 5 crap, not the worst

Woody is probably the worst owner in the league. This is definitely the worst fanbase in the league. The only reason Maccagnan was kept on was so the Johnsons wouldn’t have to pay two GMs on top of two head coaches. This was painfully obvious from the minute they first floated the idea. As was the fact that they would get away with it. Any of the other 31 teams’ fans would have been screaming bloody murder. Jets fans grab their ankles.

Just now, Philc1 said:

Snyder for all his faults at least cares and the redskins have a better record than us even after Alex Smith had his leg cut off

He cares, but kept interfering.  He had a lot to do with how bad rg3 failed by coddling him, he used to he his own gm like Jerry, and had sone horrific FA signings.

I care.  But i am not qualified to run a franchise.

We're back to blaming Woody again? when things looked great heading into this season everyone was patting Chris on the back thankful that Woody was gone, now that we suck again it's Woody's fault?

Woody was a  good owner.  yes he made mistakes but he took over at the dawn of the Brady era and despite that we were damn good from 2001-2010.  He made more mistakes this decade and we have sucked but he always tried to win.  it's just hard to win when Tom Brady is in your division.

The Jets under Woody have the only non Brady div title by the way and the Jets won as many playoff games under Woody as we have in all the years w/o him.

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

He cares, but kept interfering.  He had a lot to do with how bad rg3 failed by coddling him, he used to he his own gm like Jerry, and had sone horrific FA signings.

I care.  But i am not qualified to run a franchise.

Woody does not care and meddles.  See: Tebow

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Snyder took over in 1999, Woody in 2000.

Playoff apps:

Redskins 5

Jets 6

playoff wins:

Redskins 2

Jets 6

Title game apps:

redskins ZERO

Jets 2

but yeah the redskins have been better

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

We're back to blaming Woody again? when things looked great heading into this season everyone was patting Chris on the back thankful that Woody was gone, now that we suck again it's Woody's fault?

Woody was a  good owner.  yes he made mistakes but he took over at the dawn of the Brady era and despite that we were damn good from 2001-2010.  He made more mistakes this decade and we have sucked but he always tried to win.  it's just hard to win when Tom Brady is in your division.

The Jets under Woody have the only non Brady div title by the way and the Jets won as many playoff games under Woody as we have in all the years w/o him.

Amazing how Jim Dolan and the Wilpon’s get annihilated (and deservedly so) but somehow Woody is beyond reproach 

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Snyder took over in 1999, Woody in 2000.

Playoff apps:

Redskins 5

Jets 6

playoff wins:

Redskins 2

Jets 6

Title game apps:

redskins ZERO

Jets 2

but yeah the redskins have been better

They’ve been better recently and will continue to be better next several years while our current playoff drought goes well into the 2020’s even with Darnold 

But keep gloating about Woody inheriting a roster built by Parcells before he even bought the franchise from Hess’s corpse who was better

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Amazing how Jim Dolan and the Wilpon’s get annihilated (and deservedly so) but somehow Woody is beyond reproach 

He isnt beyond reproach.  He sucks.  I happen to think Detroit and snyder suck more, and until the last 3 months, Cleveland was an abomination.

Just now, chirorob said:

That was terrible.

Hey.  I put him bottom 5 for sure.  Just probably not the worst.  That isnt a compliment to him.

Not only passing on Russell Wilson for Tim Tebow I’m pretty sure Todd Bowles getting to drool on himself on the sidelines for 4 years and now Mac having a job for life despite zero successes Woody has something to do with

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

They’ve been better recently and will continue to be better next several years while our current playoff drought goes well into the 2020’s even with Darnold 

But keep gloating about Woody inheriting a roster built by Parcells before he even bought the franchise from Hess’s corpse who was better

Parcells inherited the Steinberg/Kotite roster and won w/ them.  What BP left Woody was an aging roster in cap hell. 

All he cares about are ticket/ psl sales.  He poorly marketed the new stadium   They constantly has to re adjust prices and even after back to back AFC Championship game appearances still couldn’t sell out  

He traded for Favre to help psl sales.  Fired Mangini and drafted Sanchez for the same reason.  Also wanted Tebow and tampered with Revis after 2014 for the same reason.  

He has also twice now hired the coach before the GM. 

13 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Woody is probably the worst owner in the league. This is definitely the worst fanbase in the league. The only reason Maccagnan was kept on was so the Johnsons wouldn’t have to pay two GMs on top of two head coaches. This was painfully obvious from the minute they first floated the idea. As was the fact that they would get away with it. Any of the other 31 teams’ fans would have been screaming bloody murder. Jets fans grab their ankles.

I couldn't disagree with the bolded more.   

This is a very frustrated and often angry fan base - which is certainly understandable.  But it is an exceptionally passionate and loyal one - that cares deeply about the team.  Being this bad for this long, it's amazing they have any fans.

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I couldn't disagree with the bolded more.   

This is a very frustrated and often angry fan base - which is certainly understandable.  But it is an exceptionally passionate and loyal one - that cares deeply about the team.  Being this bad for this long, it's amazing they have any fans.

I agree that Jets fans are emotional and uncritical. I do not agree that this is a good thing.

56 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You have an extremely bizarre standard for success

Archived