Is Woody the league’s worst owner?

Philc1

Is Woody the league’s worst owner?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Is Woody the league’s worst owner?

• Yes
    • No

35 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

You have an extremely bizarre standard for success

The two biggest arguments are 1) woody inherited a roster built by Parcells and 2) he’s not the browns owner

Ironically in the espn doc The Two Bills both Belichick and Parcells take backhanded digs at Woody and imply he’s the reason they both left the jets.  

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No

Are people forgetting meddlesome dipsh*ts like Dan Snyder and Jimmy Haslam?

Everyone may be in love with Cleveland right now, but their jackass owner drafted Manziel because some bum on the street told him to...literally. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jimmy-haslam-says-homeless-man-convinced-him-to-draft-manziel/amp/

Just now, Untouchable said:

No

Are people forgetting meddlesome dipsh*ts like Dan Snyder and Jimmy Haslam?

Everyone may be in love with Cleveland right now, but their jackass owner drafted Manziel because some bum on the street told him to...literally. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jimmy-haslam-says-homeless-man-convinced-him-to-draft-manziel/amp/

And that’s worse than passing on Russell Wilson for Tim Tebow?

We're still obsessed about crying over the owner when its obvious that Chris Johnson is the one running the show now.  

It never ceases to amaze me how fans think their teams ownership is the worst in the league.  Daniel Snyder?  Ross in Miami?  Haslet in Cleveland?  Irsay? Davis? The ist goes on and on.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

We're still obsessed about crying over the owner when its obvious that Chris Johnson is the one running the show now.  

It never ceases to amaze me how fans think their teams ownership is the worst in the league.  Daniel Snyder?  Ross in Miami?  Haslet in Cleveland?  Irsay? Davis? The ist goes on and on.

Yes so obvious it’s not like phones and the internet don’t exist

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yes so obvious it’s not like phones and the internet don’t exist

Yeah, its possible but makes absolutely no sense to hand the team over to your brother and then cut his balls off.  Makes no sense.  How the hell would you make decisions of a multi billion dollar business when you have no insight into whats going on being that far removed just because you can make a phone call.  Hes going to hire a HC off of the internet and phone calls?  LOL, OK.

Woody had nothing to do with firing Bowles.  Had nothing to do with any of the moves since Chris was handed the job.  No fan anywhere, no media guy, no one can come up with anything that say otherwise.  But hey, we're Jets fans, we whine, bitch and moan about ownership.  It makes absolutely no sense

25 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The two biggest arguments are 1) woody inherited a roster built by Parcells and 2) he’s not the browns owner

Ironically in the espn doc The Two Bills both Belichick and Parcells take backhanded digs at Woody and imply he’s the reason they both left the jets.  

The two bolded words above sum it all up.

Woody is a clueless as the day is long. That's what's happens when you don't ever have to earn anything.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Lives in UK doing a made up job.  Publicly admits he doesn’t care about winning.  Extended Bowles last offseason when Matt Nagy and Frank Reich were both available and trying to get hired.  Macagnan can do whatever he wants and win 4-5 games per season next  4 years.  Khalil Mack looks good in a bears uniform 

For many years Georgia Frontiere was the worst owner, then she caught lightening in a bottle and the Rams became the Greatest Show on Turf, and they went to two Super Bowls winning one. After the GSOT years passed the Rams became a dumpster fire, then she passed away on January 18th, 2008. Stan Kroenke bought the team and  the new worst owner became William Clay Ford and after he passed away in 2014 Martha Firestone Ford took the worst owner torch. The last 8 years Woody Johnson has been closing in on Martha and by allowing the Jets to keep Mike Maccagan he just smacked her ass, and should pass her in 2019. The Jets will not take off until they rid themselves of the Johnson family. How many more years will that take? To speed things up we need a scandal to force him out like the Panthers did Jerry Richardson.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Woody inherited an old roster on the cusp of cap hell.  

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

The two bolded words above sum it all up.

Woody is a clueless as the day is long. That's what's happens when you don't ever have to earn anything.

I started a similar poll in 2012 after Woody traded for Tebow.  Since then 

0 playoff appearances 

0 playoff wins

4 out of 6 losing seasons

2 seasons of 4-12 

Hired the dumbest Head Coach since Kotite

Gives Macagnan 2 extensions after 0 success

Hides in London with a pretend job

Yeah Woody is the example of great ownership

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Not only passing on Russell Wilson for Tim Tebow I’m pretty sure Todd Bowles getting to drool on himself on the sidelines for 4 years and now Mac having a job for life despite zero successes Woody has something to do with

Job for life hahaha...yeah you’re right.

You just have to laugh when you see the so called GM.  There are few people in American history who have the same amount record of incompetence and have kept their job.

Lot of this is ownership not wanting to pay 2 GM contracts, and of course them still being profitable win or lose.

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

0 playoff appearances 

0 playoff wins

2 seasons of 4-12 

Kotite actually gets a bad rap.

He had done reasonably well in Philly.  I think he even made the playoffs.

And if you look at the schedules he played with the Jets they were brutal, virtually ALL play off teams, and many of his losses were close games.  You virtually never saw multiple receivers uncovered by 20 yards at anytime as was a staple almost every week during the Bowles disaster.

Also, people talk about Bowles first season, “he showed promise they were 10-6”.....That was the weakest 10-6 in NFL history.  EVERY one of the 10 was against the lowest bottom feeders of the league.  And virtually ALL of the 10 were decided in the last minute.  If the Jets had just an average strength schedule Bowles first year I have no doubt that it would have been another double digit loss season, which would have given him 4 consecutive double digit loss seasons.

Ive never seen a coach at any level be so consistently out coached, virtually always make the wrong decision....and never even be forced to answer for any of it.

I’ll take Kotite over Bowles any day.

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

They’ve been better recently and will continue to be better next several years while our current playoff drought goes well into the 2020’s even with Darnold 

But keep gloating about Woody inheriting a roster built by Parcells before he even bought the franchise from Hess’s corpse who was better

When did you become such a horrible poster? 

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Job for life hahaha...yeah you’re right.

You just have to laugh when you see the so called GM.  There are few people in American history who have the same amount record of incompetence and have kept their job.

Lot of this is ownership not wanting to pay 2 GM contracts, and of course them still being profitable win or lose.

If I sucked at my job even a quarter of the suckage Macc has had I’d a been fired yars ago

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Kotite actually gets a bad rap.

He had done reasonably well in Philly.  I think he even made the playoffs.

And if you look at the schedules he played with the Jets they were brutal, virtually ALL play off teams, and many of his losses were close games.  You virtually never saw multiple receivers uncovered by 20 yards at anytime as was a staple almost every week during the Bowles disaster.

Also, people talk about Bowles first season, “he showed promise they were 10-6”.....That was the weakest 10-6 in NFL history.  EVERY one of the 10 was against the lowest bottom feeders of the league.  And virtually ALL of the 10 were decided in the last minute.  If the Jets had just an average strength schedule Bowles first year I have no doubt that it would have been another double digit loss season, which would have given him 4 consecutive double digit loss seasons.

Ive never seen a coach at any level be so consistently out coached, virtually always make the wrong decision....and never even be forced to answer for any of it.

I’ll take Kotite over Bowles any day.

The only “success” this franchise has had since 2012 was an easy schedule and Brandon Marshall and Decker catching 50/50 ducks from Fitzgarbage 

I guess Rex’s 8-8 season with a crap roster and Geno at qb was a moral victory

4-12 and 5-11 seasons wrap around all a that

With triumphs like that how can I ever complain about Woody rewarding idiots like Macagnan?

4 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

For many years Georgia Frontiere was the worst owner, then she caught lightening in a bottle and the Rams became the Greatest Show on Turf, and they went to two Super Bowls winning one. After the GSOT years passed the Rams became a dumpster fire, then she passed away on January 18th, 2008. Stan Kroenke bought the team and  the new worst owner became William Clay Ford and after he passed away in 2014 Martha Firestone Ford took the worst owner torch. The last 8 years Woody Johnson has been closing in on Martha and by allowing the Jets to keep Mike Maccagan he just smacked her ass, and should pass her in 2019. The Jets will not take off until they rid themselves of the Johnson family. How many more years will that take? To speed things up we need a scandal to force him out like the Panthers did Jerry Richardson.

The last 7 years the jets have 0 playoff appearances, 2 4-12 seasons and Mac and Bowles have both been extended after going 5-11

Woody has surpassed Ford

17 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The last 7 years the jets have 0 playoff appearances, 2 4-12 seasons and Mac and Bowles have both been extended after going 5-11

Woody has surpassed Ford

Woody wasn't around the last 2 and for the first time since 1995 and 1996 the Jets had 2 consecutive losing seasons under Chris Johnson.

we have sucked this decade and Woody deserves some blame for that but we were really good last decade and he deserves praise for that.  even w/ us sucking and not having made the playoffs since 2010 we have we have 6 playoff apps, 6 playoff wins, 2 title game apps under Woody.  The following teams do not have more than 6 playoff wins since Woody took over:

Miami, Buffalo, Dallas, Washington, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Atlanta(also has 6), Tampa Bay, Chargers, Oakland, Kansas City, SF(also have 6), Rams, Arizona.

20 of the 31 other teams do not have more.  the Jets would be 12th among 32 teams.  Not bad for having the worst owner in the sport.

17 hours ago, nico002 said:

Why is woody a bad owner? He doesn’t meddle, is loyal, and spends money. 

He's mostly been a good owner, unfortunately for him he walked into a situation where some guy named Tom Brady would take over a year after he bought the team and lead the greatest dynasty in the SB era.  even w/ that we had a ton of success his first decade but not so much this decade.  He has made plenty of mistakes as all owners do but he's been mostly good.  In the 17 years he was running things we had much more success than all the other years of the franchise.

As long as Dan Snyder is an owner, I don't think we can say we have a worse one. He's easily the worst owner in the NFL

He's made 9/11 merchandise for profit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspin.com/never-forget-dan-snyders-fifth-anniversary-of-9-11-sk-1828976458/amp

He's overseen abuse of his cheerleaders https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/sports/redskins-cheerleaders-nfl.html

He sued season ticket holders who couldn't pay during the recession http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/02/AR2009090203887.html

The Johnsons aren't the worst.

On 12/31/2018 at 12:06 PM, Philc1 said:

0 playoff appearances 

0 playoff wins

2 seasons of 4-12 

Woody sucks but Tanny is on record saying Tebow was his idea. He brought it up to Rex while eating ice cream at the airport and of course that clown thought it was a good idea. Two fat idiots talking horrible football moves over ice cream. That sums the end of their tenures up very well

17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm starting to get the sense that Woody was a much better "owner" than Chris.

Feels to me, and this is only a feeling, that the Chris fancy's himself a true football guy - in the Snyder/Jones mold.

Chris totally sucks, you could be right

Archived