Jets Pressers

JetsFanatic

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, normally the CEO doesn't make the presser.

I wonder if they are NOT changing the reporting structure is an indication they are looking to hire a big name coach who wouldn't want to report to Mac. Or, they aren't sold on Mac, but are giving him the 3rd year they were promised.

I don't like it, but that could be the reason. I am glad Heimerdinger will be part of the process.

2 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

**** it, I'm done.  Now I know why Darnold had that mini hold out.  He wanted that option to get the hell out of here in 4 years.

Actually he wasn't asking for an option to get out of here in 4 years, he didn't want to offset language if the JETS decided to move on from him.

I realize that it was tongue and check and people are looking to be pissed off and make fun of the ownership, but ...

7 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I wonder if they are NOT changing the reporting structure is an indication they are looking to hire a big name coach who wouldn't want to report to Mac. Or, they aren't sold on Mac, but are giving him the 3rd year they were promised.

I don't like it, but that could be the reason. I am glad Heimerdinger will be part of the process.

None of this makes any sense.  Macc has 2 years left and no power.  He is a lame duck unless they extend him.  CJ just said that they aren't interested in any HC that wan't full control of personnel.  What coach in their right mind is going to sign a 4 year contract with the Jets when the GM only has 2 years left with no power...  

This team is still playing loser football, we need a Dawg owner not some puppie bullsh*t

5 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

This is exactly what came to my mind...if they get a big name coach and it doesnt workout with mac but the coach does well his contract can be modified/extended where he does have control and Mac slowly fades into the background until we are winning so much that we didnt notice that he was fired months ago.

For everyone throwing a fit over the Jets keeping the same "structure," a reminder that over half the teams in the league use the same type of organization, the Packers and the Steelers being two examples. The structure isn't the problem, it's the GM. We just have to pray to the football gods that he drafts better. It's also better that the new HC reports to the owner because it means his future won't be tied to Maccagnan. Otherwise, nobody of any worth would take the job.

20 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

This team take advantage of any opportunity to look like fools. Put the presser on SNY for Christ sake. This is their chance to give the fans some hope and insight. They look like cowards and pathetic. I can go on an on. What’s the point!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Its on, whos the fool? 

The reporting structure doesn't matter and is normal in the NFL. I understand where Johnson was coming from in terms of his statements on the talent base because this team should've/could've won much more games with competent coaching.

It will be interesting to see how his statements regarding not being interested in coaches demanding total control because my assumption is that would rule out both McCarthy and the Harbaugh brothers.

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He did two separate interviews. One without cameras with Cimini sand the other nerds and then a different one on camera.

OK, but still not getting the idea that theyre gutless.  He spoke in front of cameras and answered questions.

Archived