Gase Fired

Vudu

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Im curious, why do we want Gase. Is it because he is an O HC? He hasn't  really made an impact with Tanny

Not only that, but he refused to play their best RB and the fans think he is out of his skull.

Pass.

Gase got rid of three key offensive players on the Fins: Jarvis Landry, Jay Ajayi and Mike Pouncey and probably more that I don't recall.  With some fans (like ours) that could make you unpopular. These were significant changes in their roster. So if the Fins were shaping the team in a direction the HC wanted why get rid of him so soon. 

He's definitely worth considering, IMHO. I thought he did a pretty good job with the Phish. They were always competitive.

Not my top choice, that would be Toub with good coordinators, but Gase is a good option to have. I'd also be very interested in Gruden if Snyder gets an itchy trigger finger.

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Gase got rid of three key offensive players on the Fins: Jarvis Landry, Jay Ajayi and Mike Pouncey and probably more that I don't recall.  With some fans (like ours) that could make you unpopular. These were significant changes in their roster. So if the Fins were shaping the team in a direction the HC wanted why get rid of him so soon. 

What? Other than Sam, Herndon and Prez mal he can frag the entire things.”Team needs more dawgs.” Period. 

13 minutes ago, The Troll said:

Because McCarthy is terrible and you’d know that if you watched more teams than only the Jets?

And yet there are many here screaming to get him in here. 

What fans think is definitely not the top of the criteria list 

And yet there are many here screaming to get him here. 

Hence why I was asking if anyone here pays attention to any team besides the Jets in the first place.

Because saying things like “I hope we hire McCarthy” or “I hope we hire Gase” implies otherwise.

24 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Apparently the book on Gase is he didn't give a crap about anything except the QB position. Rest of the team hated him. I'd take him as an OC but he's not HC material.

The team always talked highly of him, they were totally behind him. 

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

What? Other than Sam, Herndon and Prez mal he can frag the entire things.”Team needs more dawgs.” Period. 

Well Gase has seen the Jets play two times a year so he has an idea on who should go and who should stay. He knows the guys he can run his offense against and a D scheme that is easy to throw against. I guess in an interview he would give those base ideas to Macc and if they agree maybe hire the guy. Many of us want an offensive coach and he's a good O mind. IMO we do have enough good players to turn things around with. Plus all of the cap space etc. And Gase has a good insight in who he'd want us to sign. He's at the top of my list. Look if the guy is an a-hole and can't relate to  players that's something we don't know but something Macc will know. 

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Pouncy was injured for years and missed too many games and released. 

Ajayi? OK, is he that good?  No

Landry was allowed to go when they wouldnt pay him what he wanted.  But as you say, if these moves where what Gase wanted, why dump him?  

Here all the moves are blames on the GM, in Miami we blame the HC.  lol

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well Gase has seen the Jets play two times a year so he has an idea on who should go and who should stay. He knows the guys he can run his offense against and a D scheme that is easy to throw against. I guess in an interview he would give those base ideas to Macc and if they agree maybe hire the guy. Many of us want an offensive coach and he's a good O mind. IMO we do have enough good players to turn things around with. Plus all of the cap space etc. And Gase has a good insight in who he'd want us to sign. He's at the top of my list. Look if the guy is an a-hole and can't relate to  players that's something we don't know but something Macc will know. 

Good point and nice post . Honestly pretty sure we gonna get blind sided by either a guy most of us never heard of or worst case scenario type coach. Just a feeling. 

1 hour ago, The Troll said:

Jesus Christ. Do half of you only watch the Jets?

Gase is terrible. Dolphin fans are elated. So is Kenyan Drake, by far their best offensive player, who Gase inexplicably hated and refused to utilize properly. Because that’s what I want in a head coach. A guy that doesn’t play his best players so he can send messages.

It's funny, you mock people for thinking he's a good option, while you pound the table for Kenyan Drake, who is by "far" his best weapon.

If Kenyan Drake is his best weapon, I'd say reaching .500 semi regularly is a solid accomplishment.

52 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

A big mistake imo. He was building a good program there and at least last year they allowed him to get rid of players he didn't want around. Even a good player like Landry with the Browns he didn't fit in with the plan. I would interview him and give him a 5 year offer. He'd have to click personnel wise with Macc because he has his own ideas on people he wants in his program. You assume our offense would be improved. 

I heard that Ross is good friends with Jim H.

It's funny, you mock people for thinking he's a good option, while you pound the table for Kenyan Drake, who is by "far" his best weapon.
If Kenyan Drake is his best weapon, I'd say reaching .500 regularly is a solid accomplishment.

Yeah, 4.7 career YPC and 8.1 YPR (absurd for a RB, btw). Dude’s a scrub.

Fun fact: Drake has two career games with 20+ carries. He ran for 120 and 114 in those games.

Not that most people would realize how good he is since his moron head coach only gave him double digit carries 5 times this year. Because they had a 34 year old youngster to get a look at, I guess.

I’m sorry that one of my requirements in a head coach is “Utilize your best players”. I guess I’m too darn picky.

3 minutes ago, The Troll said:

Yeah, 4.7 career YPC and 8.1 YPR (absurd for a RB, btw). Dude’s a scrub.

Fun fact: Drake has two career games with 20+ carries. He ran for 120 and 114 in those games.

Not that most people would realize how good he is since his moron head coach only gave him double digit carries 5 times this year. Because they had a 34 year old youngster to get a look at, I guess.

I’m sorry that one of my requirements in a head coach is “Utilize your best players”. I guess I’m too darn picky.

Drake and Gore had similar rushing attempts, Drake was used in the passing game got his touches there.  Drake, ran for 4.5 per this year, Gore 4.6. 

Since a lot of fired HCs rebound as coordinators, I'd be interested in Gase in that role (if he is any good). I always look at Wade Phillips as a DC compared to HC. I want experienced coordinators, at least on defense. I'd take a newer OC if the HC is experienced.

13 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Interesting move because that Dolphins team lacks a lot of talent AND they lost their quarterback for a lot of Gase's time as head coach.

He'll get scooped up rather quickly.

Can the jests scoop him up before Mac hires some dud off the Texans staff?

There's such a vast difference between being a good coordinator and being a good HC.  You suddenly go from asking a guy to coach technique and draw up gameplans on one side of the ball to asking him to be the CEO of the team. 

It's like asking your best car mechanic to suddenly manage the shop.  Does he know how to manage people and tasks, or is he just a really, really awesome mechanic with no people skills, no leadership skills, and no ability to see the big picture?

Gase is a great OC.  Terrible HC.  And it's the risk you take whenever you hire a really good coordinator.  So many of these guys get Peter Principle'd and its so clear when it happens. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's such a vast difference between being a good coordinator and being a good HC. 

It's like asking your best car mechanic to suddenly manage the shop.  Does he know how to manage people and tasks, or is he just a really, really awesome mechanic with no people skills, no leadership skills, and no ability to see the big picture?

Gase is a great OC.  Terrible HC.  And it's the risk you take whenever you hire a really good coordinator. 

How is Gase terrible?

Archived