Jetlife33

Jets 2019 opponents Home/away set

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I was at your tailgate in Philly several years ago when Sanchez imploded.  Great tailgate, bad game and one helluva story about seeing Brian Baldinger at a strip club after the game. lol

Sanchez imploded?  it wasn't Holmes fumbe returned for a TD on the first possession or the D allowing 38 more points. It was Mark Sanchez that imploded.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Sanchez imploded?  it wasn't Holmes fumbe returned for a TD on the first possession or the D allowing 38 more points. It was Mark Sanchez that imploded.

Mother of ButtFumbles!

WTF is wrong with you?  This thread is about the Jets 2019 home and away slates.  Do your Sanchez ball licking somewhere else please.  

43 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Mother of ButtFumbles!

WTF is wrong with you?  This thread is about the Jets 2019 home and away slates.  Do your Sanchez ball licking somewhere else please.  

When I see stupid comments I will correct people.  

I'd prefer we keep this pinned thread to a simple discussion of our 2019 opponents, schedule, and going to the games home and away.  Wouldn't that be fun?  Isn't that why people will look at this pinned thread?  You clearly tried to derail the thread based on your unnatural man-love for Sanchez.  Why ruin this thread?  It is delusional to think that you are ever going to change anyone's mind about Sanchez.  Let it go or take it somewhere else dude.  Sick of derailed threads.  Stay on course please.  Thank you.

Which opponent do you think will be our home opener?

One of the division rivals or  one of the juicy matchups like Jets-Giants or Darnold-Mayfield?

If the Jets land Lev Bell, how about a home opener vs the Steelers!?

Can't wait.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

One of the division rivals or  one of the juicy matchups like Jets-Giants or Darnold-Mayfield?

Can't wait.

I'd bet money that the Jets and Browns are the early MNF game Week 1.  

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

Can't wait.

Week 1 MNF Jets Browns is my prediction.  

I also think we play the Giants on a Thursday night.  It seems like we get a home TNF game every other year.  

Does this mean a possible road trip to Vegas in 20 or 21  vs Raiders since we have them home at home this year???

7 hours ago, JETSY said:

Does this mean a possible road trip to Vegas in 20 or 21  vs Raiders since we have them home at home this year???

We are scheduled to play the raiders at home in 2020.  If we finish with the same record that season we will play at Vegas in 2021.  The next scheduled road game should be in 2023 unless they change scheduling formula by then

On 12/31/2018 at 11:32 AM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

If it’s early in season I definitely want to do Baltimore.  Saw the Jets in Cincy in 2013 and the fans were jerks.  

Went to a Redskins game once and awful to get out of the parking lots.  

The Redskin fans are also as-holes .

On 12/31/2018 at 6:33 PM, TeddEY said:

I’ve done Baltimore - good experienSe, minus that it was the Sunday night game, cold, Mangold out, and Sanchez a turnover machine.

With home games against the Giants , Steelers , Raiders , Cowboys and Patriots , we will be like the visiting team in our home stadium. This new stadium sucks for any kind of home field advantage .

30 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

With home games against the Giants , Steelers , Raiders , Cowboys and Patriots , we will be like the visiting team in our home stadium. This new stadium sucks for any kind of home field advantage .

I'm mostly interested in why you went into my post, and changed the spelling of experience, to including a capital S?

On 1/13/2019 at 12:02 AM, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Jacksonville also have a home game against the Chiefs next year, and if Mahomes and co go on and win the whole thing, I'd say the NFL'd rather have them in London than the Jets.

I believe that the home side can veto their division games, and any one other home game. If Cheifs win, and even if not considering the star that Mahomes is, Jags may veto it. 

Similarly, can't see the Jags being bothered about Veto'ing a game against us, unfortunately - doubt it'll bring out a big crowd to Jacksonville. 

I personally think it'll be Jags Vs Texans TBF - I know it's divisional but Jags probably less bothered than most about that, and Texans one of three teams never to play in UK and NFL seem keen on completing the set. 

On 1/12/2019 at 4:02 AM, jetstream23 said:

The farthest west the Jets go is Cincinnati. That’s crazy....and very advantageous. I recall some seasons with 3 trips to the West Coast. 

I think that is a big advantage especially since the Jets always seem to do terrible on the west coast.

30 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

When does the schedule get released again?  I'm trying to recall timing last year.  Think it's usually after FA but just before the Draft, does that seem right?

In most years it is announced in April a week or two before the draft

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:50 PM, jetstream23 said:

When does the schedule get released again?  I'm trying to recall timing last year.  Think it's usually after FA but just before the Draft, does that seem right?

They usually release the international game dates a few months before the rest of the schedule. IIRC the time the Jets played in London, tickets were on sale in December.

13 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

They usually release the international game dates a few months before the rest of the schedule. IIRC the time the Jets played in London, tickets were on sale in December.

This is true, however I think this year they've said they want to wait until the day the schedule is released, to make it more like a 'regular thing' and not a special event. Basically part of NFL's attempts to normalise the international games. 

May end up being incorrect, but that was their original stance. 

On 12/31/2018 at 11:32 AM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

If it’s early in season I definitely want to do Baltimore.  Saw the Jets in Cincy in 2013 and the fans were jerks.  

Went to a Redskins game once and awful to get out of the parking lots.  

Damn, Cincy is 2 hours away from me so I'm fully intending on going to that one. Are they as bad as browns fans? I've went to the last 3  jets v browns there and it was miserable. 

Cincy is the top choice just by convenience (2 hour drive for me)

However, if that week doesn't work out for some reason, I may try to catch a road game in Miami and spend an extended weekend there. Me and the gf have never been.