Jets 2019 opponents Home/away set

On 12/31/2018 at 6:33 PM, TeddEY said:

I’ve done Baltimore - good experienSe, minus that it was the Sunday night game, cold, Mangold out, and Sanchez a turnover machine.

With home games against the Giants , Steelers , Raiders , Cowboys and Patriots , we will be like the visiting team in our home stadium. This new stadium sucks for any kind of home field advantage .

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

With home games against the Giants , Steelers , Raiders , Cowboys and Patriots , we will be like the visiting team in our home stadium. This new stadium sucks for any kind of home field advantage .

I'm mostly interested in why you went into my post, and changed the spelling of experience, to including a capital S?

On 1/13/2019 at 12:02 AM, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Jacksonville also have a home game against the Chiefs next year, and if Mahomes and co go on and win the whole thing, I'd say the NFL'd rather have them in London than the Jets.

I believe that the home side can veto their division games, and any one other home game. If Cheifs win, and even if not considering the star that Mahomes is, Jags may veto it. 

Similarly, can't see the Jags being bothered about Veto'ing a game against us, unfortunately - doubt it'll bring out a big crowd to Jacksonville. 

I personally think it'll be Jags Vs Texans TBF - I know it's divisional but Jags probably less bothered than most about that, and Texans one of three teams never to play in UK and NFL seem keen on completing the set. 

On 1/12/2019 at 4:02 AM, jetstream23 said:

The farthest west the Jets go is Cincinnati. That’s crazy....and very advantageous. I recall some seasons with 3 trips to the West Coast. 

I think that is a big advantage especially since the Jets always seem to do terrible on the west coast.

30 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

When does the schedule get released again?  I'm trying to recall timing last year.  Think it's usually after FA but just before the Draft, does that seem right?

In most years it is announced in April a week or two before the draft

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:50 PM, jetstream23 said:

When does the schedule get released again?  I'm trying to recall timing last year.  Think it's usually after FA but just before the Draft, does that seem right?

They usually release the international game dates a few months before the rest of the schedule. IIRC the time the Jets played in London, tickets were on sale in December.

13 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

They usually release the international game dates a few months before the rest of the schedule. IIRC the time the Jets played in London, tickets were on sale in December.

This is true, however I think this year they've said they want to wait until the day the schedule is released, to make it more like a 'regular thing' and not a special event. Basically part of NFL's attempts to normalise the international games. 

May end up being incorrect, but that was their original stance. 

On 12/31/2018 at 11:32 AM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

If it’s early in season I definitely want to do Baltimore.  Saw the Jets in Cincy in 2013 and the fans were jerks.  

Went to a Redskins game once and awful to get out of the parking lots.  

Damn, Cincy is 2 hours away from me so I'm fully intending on going to that one. Are they as bad as browns fans? I've went to the last 3  jets v browns there and it was miserable. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 11:10 AM, Jetlife33 said:

8DDCF6B4-A6F1-446F-9ED8-8512CE68420F.jpeg

This really doesn't look that bad? What 4 playoff teams? NE, Pitt, Ravens, Eagles? This isn't tough. Honestly, if the Jets make some smart offseason moves and have a good draft, they could easily win 10 games?

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

This really doesn't look that bad? What 4 playoff teams? NE, Pitt, Ravens, Eagles? This isn't tough. Honestly, if the Jets make some smart offseason moves and have a good draft, they could easily win 10 games?

The Cowboys were in the playoffs too. And I don’t think it will be easy to win 10 games but it can be done depending on what happens in FA. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived