Eric Bieniemy

SheaRay

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This much is clear, with the Jets being linked to Jim Harbough, Matt Campbell, and now Eric Bieniemy, the Jets are casting a broad net and leaving no rock unturned. 

This feels like the QB search from last year. I’m getting more comfortable that we will make a good decision.

1 minute ago, The Troll said:

Everyone bitching about this is so right.

Who wants someone like Doug Peterson or Nagy?

GIVE US UNINSPIRED RETREADS OR GIVE US DEATH

I think everyone is talking about another hot coordinator with no NFL head coaching experience, a la Todd Bowles 

2 minutes ago, The Troll said:

Nagy was the OC for two years and a QB coach. Pederson was the OC for three years and a QB coach. I’ll gladly take an OC who has had lots of success for multiple years. Bieniemy has one year of OC under his belt and is a running backs coach background. Let’s not pretend these are the same thing. 

He's not at the top of my list, but I don't have an issue with the Jets doing their due diligence in looking at every type of option, as opposed to getting too blinded by being dead set on one "type" of coach, no matter what their preferences may actually be (e.g., past HC experience).  Bieniemy has been pretty highly touted this year, and there's little question about the strength of Reid's coaching tree in recent years, so I have nothing against the consideration.  Plus, I'll give them credit that they at least seem to be moving quickly.

25 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Did they also request to interview KC's all pro offense? How much of that is Eric planning as opposed to having more talent than almost every other team on offense... Not to say Eric isn't the guy bringing it all together, but one must wonder.

Exactly Suck. KC has a sick talented roster. The guy we’d want is their GM who has been lights out putting that team together. Getting a HC with no prior experience as one is not a smart move at this juncture. 

26 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Macc is BIG GAME HUNTING!

24 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

The hot coordinator du jour. Again. Wonderful.

I'm hoping Carl is being sarcastic. I'm in alignment with source on this one. Reid is the brains of that offense, and Mahomes and his short-stop style of play is the reason they're ridiculous. I think Bienemy is an interesting candidate, but my grip is with our copy-cat approach. It never seems to work for us.

Bienemy should be a candidate if he shows the capacity for owning the whole operation. Otherwise, no. We're always acting like we're gonna "the right guy" and no matter what method of searching we employ, we ultimately just interview the same people every other team interviews, and hire one of the least desirable in the bunch.

4 minutes ago, The Troll said:

Beinemy has paid his dues.  Played in the league a long time and coached in different roles.  

Is he a leader of men?  Will he garrner respect and demand accountability?

I want vic fangio here but i would not be opposed to beinemy is he checks the boxes.

I think everyone is talking about another hot coordinator with no NFL head coaching experience, a la Todd Bowles 

9 of the 12 playoff teams are coached by guys that are in their first coaching gig.

It’s a pretty same old Jets way of looking at things. Bowles being a terrible head coach has as much to do with the qualifications of Eric Bieniemy as Roseanne Barr being fired has to do with the moon landing.

My only issue according to this article is that he did not call the play's as OC.  So what did he do?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/31/jets-ask-to-talk-to-eric-bieniemy-for-coaching-vacancy/

Jets ask to talk to Eric Bieniemy for coaching vacancy

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 31, 2018, 11:42 AM EST
GettyImages-1047236016-e1546274535334.jp
Getty Images

The Andy Reid coaching tree could spout another branch. At the very least, being among the leaves gets one noticed.

Accoring to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Jets have requested permission to talk to Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy for their coaching vacancy.

Bieniemy’s name was on the league advisory committee’s list of suggestions, and the numbers Kansas City has put up this year help (though he doesn’t call plays).

The 49-year-old has also worked as a running backs coach with the Vikings, and was a coordinator at the University of Colorado.

He played nine seasons in the league with the Chargers, Bengals and Eagles.

Bieniemy was a consensus all-American in college, and a Heisman finalist. He played in the NFL for 9 seasons, and has coached for close to 20. 

Players respect him, and he knows the game. He was the coach behind Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles in their probowl hay days.

Hailing from the the Reid tree is only icing on the cake.

Trust me, we could a lot worse. 

52 minutes ago, SheaRay said:

Word out that Jets have requested permission to interview KC"s OC Eric Bieniemy

Good move........

If the Jets are serious he would be a good hire but I am still concerned about the Jets Organization.

For those who don't know better that last two Reid OC's have been outstanding HCs

Archived