Eric Bieniemy

SheaRay

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Beinemy has paid his dues.  Played in the league a long time and coached in different roles.  

Is he a leader of men?  Will he garrner respect and demand accountability?

I want vic fangio here but i would not be opposed to beinemy is he checks the boxes.

Has he ever been a HC at any level? Paying ones dues, at least for me, doesn't mean starting at the top with your first HC job. It means proving yourself in the actual position, generally at a lower level, since who hires a rookie for a big stage position. Being a player doesn't make you a coach. Being a coordinator doesn't make you a head coach, as we've seen over and over again. Hell, I just read he doesn't even call the plays.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nagy was the OC for two years and a QB coach. Pederson was the OC for three years and a QB coach. I’ll gladly take an OC who has had lots of success for multiple years. Bieniemy has one year of OC under his belt and is a running backs coach background. Let’s not pretend these are the same thing. 

I’m not saying this is our guy, but I’m happy this is where we’re starting with interviews. I don’t believe in retreads for the sake of retreads just because that’s a route we haven’t gone in a long time. You know where else we haven’t gone in a long time? An offensive coordinator. All this talk of learning on the job and such. Look at Nagy and Reich. We’ve just hired guys that are stupid. Just because there’s a learning curve with our sh*tty past coaches doesn’t mean everyone has a learning curve. And Rex, Herm, Bowles, etc. never learned anyway, because as I mentioned, they were stupid.

35 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Don’t want 

I haven’t seen Andy Reid on the sideline without a playcall sheet in his hand since his early days in Green Bay under Holmgren.

Fine for an interview to gauge things, but no way I want some offensive coach with little to no play calling experience.

He can go the CEO route and hire an OC playcaller 

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

There is another issue with him that I forgot to mention. You have to figure the Chiefs will go deep into the playoffs, which means the Jets would have to delay their HC hiring for several weeks if they really want him. That could be risky, so risky that I doubt that would happen.

They would end up in a situation like the Colts and McDaniels last year.  They came to an agreement for McDaniels to become the HC when the Pats season was over.  McDaniels even went out and hired some assistants who signed contracts and got a head start on the job.  Then McDaniels weaseled out.

I doubt someone like Beinemy would do that....so all in all....I don't think the Chiefs making a big run would be a huge hindrance.  They could get him to agree and then start the work for next season while he's with the KC playoff run.

36 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Don’t want 

I haven’t seen Andy Reid on the sideline without a playcall sheet in his hand since his early days in Green Bay under Holmgren.

Fine for an interview to gauge things, but no way I want some offensive coach with little to no play calling experience.

Matt Nagy says hello

24 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

This much is clear, with the Jets being linked to Jim Harbough, Matt Campbell, and now Eric Bieniemy, the Jets are casting a broad net and leaving no rock unturned. 

This feels like the QB search from last year. I’m getting more comfortable that we will make a good decision.

I think you make a good point about really attempting to extend the coaching search.

I have to give you extra credit also. As a 50 plus year Jets fan, I am never able to put the words, “comfortable”, “make”, “good”, “decision”, in the same sentence. ?

18 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Nagy was the OC for two years and a QB coach. Pederson was the OC for three years and a QB coach. I’ll gladly take an OC who has had lots of success for multiple years. Bieniemy has one year of OC under his belt and is a running backs coach background. Let’s not pretend these are the same thing. 

Anthony Lynn says hello to you sir

Gotta be honest, with Darnold here I'd prefer a guy with more of a background of working with QBs.  Bienemy's experience is mainly as a running backs coach, and he was a running back in his playing career.

I like the background in the Reid system, but other that that I don't see much here for Darnold.

27 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

There is another issue with him that I forgot to mention. You have to figure the Chiefs will go deep into the playoffs, which means the Jets would have to delay their HC hiring for several weeks if they really want him. That could be risky, so risky that I doubt that would happen.

You agree in principle to take the job and it officially happens when the Chiefs are done.  No risk unless hes a dick like McDaniels

7 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Key difference: Lynn walked into a situation where he had a veteran QB who already knows everything there is to know about the position.  This is not the case with the Jets job.

You're walking into a place where you have a franchise QB established going into year 2 trending way up and a war chest to put talent around him. That's a pretty good spot to step into.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Macc is BIG GAME HUNTING!

39 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

13 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Anthony Lynn was an interim head coach and associate head coach in multiple places. 

CrazyCarl killin it in this thread.

Fine to interview, but he has to absolutely blow me away. He didn't help to choose or develop Patrick/Tyreek/Kelce who are the main reasons for their success this year, and he has a grand total of 17 games as an NFL OC; and it's in Andy's offense with Andy calling all the plays.

His resume basically Nagy's & Pederson's success.

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Smart move....get the Rooney rule interview out of the way and done ASAP, so when you do find the guy you really want, you can pounce.

I'm not saying they shouldn't hire EB, just that they need to get the Rooney Rule interview done as quickly as possible.  With all of these head coaching vacancies, they're going to have to act fast, when they find a guy they like.

53 minutes ago, Lith said:

Background on the offensive side of the ball 

Coordinator for an innovative offense in KC

Part of the Any Reid Coaching tree (like Matt Nagy, Doug Pederson)

I would be okay with this.

in theory it sounds nice, but it also feels like wandering in a lights-out orgy with a boner and hoping for the best.

"what? This Nagy guy is the sh*t?... well, hire his replacement dammit...., also, who ordered lunch?

Archived