Eric Bieniemy

SheaRay

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Now they're requesting an interview with Kris Richard. After CJs absurd statement about paying fines for guys that kneel during the Anthem, I'd say theres an agenda in play. 

How many jets players took a knee during the anthem?

How much money in fines did he have to pay out?

Whats the agenda in play?

2 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Exactly because we’ll only interview those two and choose from there ??‍♂️

If if the first two interviews were Greg Williams and Matt Lafleur no one would have batted an eye 

No because they're totally qualified.

3 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Exactly because we’ll only interview those two and choose from there ??‍♂️

If if the first two interviews were Greg Williams and Matt Lafleur no one would have batted an eye 

If they hire Eric Bieniemy, I get it. I get why they're interviewing him. But Kris Richard is completely out of left field. 

One thing to keep in mind is that the only names coming up today are those the Jets had to put in requests to speak to. Any of the "big dog" candidates would require no such requests, so that could easily enough be the reason for the lack of news with them. Can't read too much into things just a few hours in.

CJ wants to be inclusive in his search, good. A lot of deserving guys in the past were overlooked for the wrong reasons. But the bottom line should be finding the best guy available. 

I like Eric B, but what has he done to qualify him as a Head Coach? Or Kris Richard? That one is out of left field, most likely a guy in the "Developmental Program". 

Whatever. Hire the best guy, but don't waste your time on tertiary candidates while the OTHER 7 teams looking for coaches snatch up all the best candidates. Thats how you wind up with Todd Bowles....

Nagy has Vangio to support him and run the defense. 

A Bienamy HC hIre would require both an experienced DC, preferably one who was an HC, and an OC who has QBC experience.  

Bowles did have Gailey in year 1, and the results showed.  Gailey got turned off year 2.  The failure to both replace Gailey correctly and pull the plug on Kacy was Bowles’ downfall.  In the latter case Bowles was being loyal, and it cost him his job.  If Bowles had a football boss and not Chris, hopefully he would have spotted and corrected that.  

Been my #1 guy all year. Not just because of the osmosis factor but also his work in Minn.  he apparently was the glue that held that team together with Peterson, Harvin, Taylor and a lot of other difficult personalities.  He never bowed down to them, stood his ground like a true leader.  His experience under Reid is just icing on the cake.

Lets do this!!!!

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If they hire Eric Bieniemy, I get it. I get why they're interviewing him. But Kris Richard is completely out of left field. 

Very much left field given everything we’ve heard about the coaching search has been experienced and offense. I think part of it is looking for someone who can give some infectious energy to this franchise after having Bowles make Florham Park stale for the last 4 years....a lot of this for me will be to see what type of staff is hired especially on offense regardless of who gets hired...

I don’t even really want Richard. I desperately want us to bring an offensive person, someone who care hire a good staff to develop Darnold and is aggressive, forward thinking and is a leader of men. i just think the notion of Woody wanting to purposely HIRE a Black coach for optics, as is being touted in this thread, is downright silly....

Just now, sourceworx said:

Hire inexperienced head coach. Get pissed when they make mistakes. Fire inexperienced head coach.

Rinse. Repeat.

And the long list of available experienced HC are?  And of course even if thats what youre looking for you put all of your eggs in one basket and dont interview young guys.  Because you know Nagy, McVay, Pederson, Lynn, Reich, etc, etc all prove that you shouldnt interview young guns.  Somehow the majority of playoff teams are coached by young guys

46 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

This would be a disaster

he was a mess as Colorado’s OC, they were ranked like 100 in offense when he was there

now he gets Reid his coffee for a year and he’s a nfl  HC candidate 

Hard to judge him for his 1 year at Colorado.  That place was a mess and he had nothing to work with. 

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Hire inexperienced head coach. Get pissed when they make mistakes. Fire inexperienced head coach.

Rinse. Repeat.

I thought we might have learned our lesson after Todd Blowtite. Guess not, bring in the next clone!!!

Interviewing the KC offensive coordinator..makes a ton of sense considering how prolific their offense is.  I know they have really good talent..but I don’t think you take credit away from their coach just because of that.

The Rooney Rule hurts the rep of a candidate like Bieniemy.  He obviously gets consideration...regardless.

Just now, jetspenguin said:

The Richards interview IMO is a rooney rule requirement but B-Enemy is a hot name right now, nothing at all to do with race. Also, we have no idea how many others have been contacted already. C.J desire for inclusiveness doesnt supersede his desire to show up his brother and actually win something during his tenure.  

Any assumption that he wants to hire a minority just because they are a minority is....well...just ridiculous. 

Eric Bieniemy is a "hot" name right now, and fulfills the "Rooney Rule". So.whats the deal with Richard? They have a 21 year old potential FQB to dwvelop and a team to rebuild around him. Why are they dicking around with a DB coach who is on nobody's list of potential HCs? 

Whatever the reason, they're wasting time with that interview. 

10 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Of all the teams in the playoffs...what was the experience level of the head coach..when he was hired?

AFC:

Andy Reid: 2nd stint as HC

Bill Belichick: 2nd stint as HC

Bill OBrien: 1 stint as HC in College

John Harbaugh: None

Anthony Lynn: Former Interim HC

Frank Reich: None(Rookie HC)

NFC:

Sean Payton: None

Sean McVay: None

Matt Nagy: None(Rookie HC)

Jason Garrett: None(Interim Stint lead to official title) 

Pete Carroll: Multiple stops as HC in NFL and NCAA 

Doug Pederson: None 

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Eric Bieniemy is a "hot" name right now, and fulfills the "Rooney Rule". So.whats the deal with Richard? They have a 21 year old potential FQB to dwvelop and a team to rebuild around him. Why are they dicking around with a DB coach who is on nobody's list of potential HCs? 

Whatever the reason, they're wasting time with that interview. 

I made the assumption that Richards is a rooney rule interview and if B-enemy turns them down then they still have to interview a minority. Setting it up now is a good back up plan. That doesnt at all interfere with chasing another guy they really like. At this point it is just phone calls to schedule appointments, not dicking around. The good candidates have multiple options and it all needs to be coordinated. This isnt an indication of dicking around at all. 

4 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I made the assumption that Richards is a rooney rule interview and if B-enemy turns them down then they still have to interview a minority. Setting it up now is a good back up plan. That doesnt at all interfere with chasing another guy they really like. At this point it is just phone calls to schedule appointments, not dicking around. The good candidates have multiple options and it all needs to be coordinated. This isnt an indication of dicking around at all. 

Sure it is. Do you think the guy is going to turn down an HC interview? Which means the Jets Hierarchy, having requested such interview, would need to set up the interview and take the same amount of time and effort in interviewing him that they would invest in any other candidate. To not do so would be a subversion of the rule. So yes, if they really have no intention of hiring him, it is a waste of time. That would be the very definition of dicking around. 

39 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sure it is. Do you think the guy is going to turn down an HC interview? Which means the Jets Hierarchy, having requested such interview, would need to set up the interview and take the same amount of time and effort in interviewing him that they would invest in any other candidate. To not do so would be a subversion of the rule. So yes, if they really have no intention of hiring him, it is a waste of time. That would be the very definition of dicking around. 

ISU's Campbell just did............it happens

2 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

ISU's Campbell just did............it happens

I said in another thread that he wouldnt leave Ames, especially for NY. Hes already a HC, has full control of a program, makes $3.5M, and is king of ISU.

Richard is a guy who has yet to gain a rep. He did well at Seattle, but has only been coaching 8 years. Apples to Crocodiles. 

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I said in another thread that he wouldnt leave Ames, especially for NY. Hes already a HC, has full control of a program, makes $3.5M, and is king of ISU.

Richard is a guy who has yet to gain a rep. He did well at Seattle, but has only been coaching 8 years. Apples to Crocodiles. 

no not really....my point was that some people for whatever reason would decline an interview and it made sense to have another one in place. 

As part of the "no politics" rule here on JN, we also have very little interest in hearing your views on race. I get that there's the Rooney Rule, and how it comes into play, but let's try to limit the discussion to candidates' qualifications aside from their race or how you feel the Jets ownership takes race into account. 

Archived