Jump to content
kevinc855

Why I love Jamal

Recommended Posts

This guy is a leader. Not only is he a pro bowl caliber safety he is a spark. As someone who watched him live 8 games this year this guy flys to every play, gets fellow members amped and also speaks his mind which I respect. They way he shred Mac here is what we needed. He is 100 percent right, we need some big signings this year, some trades, some good picks. Blaming everything on Bowles is a scapegoat. Yes it was time for him to go but nothing changes till we have more then Robby Anderson as a 1wr and Elijah McGuire as our starting rb. Preach Jamal preach

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25649812/jamal-adams-blames-new-york-jets-season-lack-talent-not-coaching%3fplatform=amp

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Jets won 9 games out of 32. I’d rather he stfu and win a few more games before running his mouth off as if he’s been making impact plays after impact. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, j4jets said:

So the Jets won 9 games out of 32. I’d rather he stfu and win a few more games before running his mouth off as if he’s been making impact plays after impact. 

A safety can’t win you games. A team does, that’s his point. And he plays hard every game. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I still remember his interception fondly.

That time we were losing by 30+, but he made a routine tackle and threw himself a ticker-tape parade.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Star safety Jamal Adams blamed the New York Jets' 4-12 season on a lack of talent, not coaching, essentially challenging general manager Mike Maccagnan to upgrade the roster in the offseason.

"We need more players and we need more dogs, simple as that," Adams said after Sunday's 38-3 loss to the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Adams, who has become the team's vocal leader, defended coach Todd Bowles, who finished his fourth season with a 24-40 career mark and likely will be fired by Monday, per sources. Maccagnan, who was hired with Bowles in 2015, appears safe, sources said. The second-year safety came close to criticizing Maccagnan, the architect of the team.

Asked if Bowles is being made the scapegoat for a talent-poor roster, Adams said, "Hey, man, I always support my coach. ... I've always said what I've said, and it's not his fault, if that answers your question."

The Jets went 10-6 in 2015, but they won only 14 games over the past three seasons as they tried to rebuild the roster with young players. Adams was their only Pro Bowl player on offense or defense, and rookie Sam Darnold showed promise as a quarterback. Beyond them, the Jets lack any true stars.

"You have to go get players, man," Adams said. "You have to get big-time players. It's simple. You look at the Saints. You look at the Rams. You look at the Chicago Bears. You look at all those teams. You have to go get players.

"We have talent. We're just not all the way there," he continued. "You can't beat around the bush. That's why we've been losing. We've been beating around the bush. You can't beat around the bush. You have to get real with yourself."

Adams correctly noted the Jets will have about $100 million in salary-cap space. He lobbied the front office to sign big-name free agents, even mentioning running back Le'Veon Bell by name. The Jets are expected to pursue the Steelers star, who sat out the season in a contract dispute.

"It's something we hope Mr. Maccagnan can get done and just give us some help," said Adams, adding that he will be heavily involved in recruiting free agents.

Free agency isn't always the answer, as the Jets learned with cornerback Trumaine Johnson, who signed a five-year, $72.5 million contract last offseason. His disappointing season ended on a bitter note, as he was made a healthy scratch for a disciplinary issue.

A source told ESPN that Johnson was late for meetings and missed practice last Wednesday. Johnson admitted he overslept and showed up late. He told reporters Thursday that he still expected to play in the finale, but he was informed by Bowles at the stadium that he'd be inactive.

"I was upset, but I couldn't do nothing about it," said Johnson, who apologized to teammates for his transgression.


Bowles refused to give any specifics, calling it a coaches' decision and saying he wanted to give the younger players a chance to play. Bowles rarely benches players and has been criticized for being too soft.

Bowles has been on the hot seat for several weeks. As he left the stadium on Sunday night, Bowles was hanging in limbo, awaiting his fate. He's expected to meet Monday morning with CEO Christopher Johnson, but his ouster could happen before then, sources said.

"I don't talk about my job," Bowles said, commenting on whether he expects to be fired.

An emotional Adams sounded resigned to a coaching change. His eyes welled up when Bowles' status was mentioned by a reporter.

"Todd is my favorite coach since I've played this game," he said. "I hate to see him go down like that, which is probably happening."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This guy is a leader. Not only is he a pro bowl caliber safety he is a spark. As someone who watched him live 8 games this year this guy flys to every play, gets fellow members amped and also speaks his mind which I respect. They way he shred Mac here is what we needed. He is 100 percent right, we need some big signings this year, some trades, some good picks. Blaming everything on Bowles is a scapegoat. Yes it was time for him to go but nothing changes till we have more then Robby Anderson as a 1wr and Elijah McGuire as our starting rb. Preach Jamal preach

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25649812/jamal-adams-blames-new-york-jets-season-lack-talent-not-coaching%3fplatform=amp

Here we go...……….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

KC Rodgers has been the defensive coordinator for 4 years. Jamal talks out of his bunghole face.

You're completely missing the point. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This guy is a leader. Not only is he a pro bowl caliber safety he is a spark. As someone who watched him live 8 games this year this guy flys to every play, gets fellow members amped and also speaks his mind which I respect. They way he shred Mac here is what we needed. He is 100 percent right, we need some big signings this year, some trades, some good picks. Blaming everything on Bowles is a scapegoat. Yes it was time for him to go but nothing changes till we have more then Robby Anderson as a 1wr and Elijah McGuire as our starting rb. Preach Jamal preach

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25649812/jamal-adams-blames-new-york-jets-season-lack-talent-not-coaching%3fplatform=amp

I wish he’d just fly away to Never Neverland.

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You're completely missing the point. 

No, he has a face, it's a bunghole. To me, there is no point beyond that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That time we were losing by 30+, but he made a routine tackle and threw himself a ticker-tape parade.

Would you rather him

quit? Good for him for being in the game 30

points behind 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I still remember his interception fondly.

I still remember your first funny post , oh nvm. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kevinc855 said:

Would you rather him

quit? Good for him for being in the game 30

points behind  

I'd rather him make a significant impact on the game so we're not down by 30 in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kevinc855 said:

Would you rather him

quit? Good for him for being in the game 30

points behind 

I'd rather him not celebrate himself as much as he does. It has nothing to do with quitting. Frankly, that's a stupid assertion.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd rather him make a significant impact on the game so we're not down by 30 in the first place. 

Yes I’m sure the safety was the reason the jets were 30 behind. Def has nothing to do with corners that can’t cover or an offense that couldn’t score on a high school team

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

I still remember your first funny post , oh nvm. :P

Like Jeff Foxworthy telling George Carlin he's not funny.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yes I’m sure the safety was the reason the jets were 30 behind. Def has nothing to do with corners that can’t cover or an offense that couldn’t score on a high school team

Wait, I thought Jamal was a Linebacker Safety Corner combo and a slam dunk Top 10 pick.  Are you telling me now he's NOT the most important factor for a defense's success?

Shocker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

A safety can’t win you games. A team does, that’s his point. And he plays hard every game. 

Get your point, but,  Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed might have something to say about that...…..

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'd rather him not celebrate himself as much as he does. It has nothing to do with quitting. Frankly, that's a stupid assertion.

If you don’t like celebrating stop watching football with the geniuses that don’t watch it because of the ridiculous flag protest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wait, I thought Jamal was a Linebacker Safety Corner combo and a slam dunk Top 10 pick.  Are you telling me now he's NOT the most important factor for a defense's success?

Shocker.

Oh wait so now safety’s matter? Make up your mind 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stugotz81 said:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Star safety Jamal Adams blamed the New York Jets' 4-12 season on a lack of talent, not coaching, essentially challenging general manager Mike Maccagnan to upgrade the roster in the offseason.

"We need more players and we need more dogs, simple as that," Adams said after Sunday's 38-3 loss to the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Adams, who has become the team's vocal leader, defended coach Todd Bowles, who finished his fourth season with a 24-40 career mark and likely will be fired by Monday, per sources. Maccagnan, who was hired with Bowles in 2015, appears safe, sources said. The second-year safety came close to criticizing Maccagnan, the architect of the team.

Asked if Bowles is being made the scapegoat for a talent-poor roster, Adams said, "Hey, man, I always support my coach. ... I've always said what I've said, and it's not his fault, if that answers your question."

The Jets went 10-6 in 2015, but they won only 14 games over the past three seasons as they tried to rebuild the roster with young players. Adams was their only Pro Bowl player on offense or defense, and rookie Sam Darnold showed promise as a quarterback. Beyond them, the Jets lack any true stars.

"You have to go get players, man," Adams said. "You have to get big-time players. It's simple. You look at the Saints. You look at the Rams. You look at the Chicago Bears. You look at all those teams. You have to go get players.

 

Yes he’s right. Let’s start by getting rid of this yapping mutt and get some players that can actually meet the expectations of their position. One INT per year ain’t cutting it. Lee and Williams follow suit. Purge this lousy roster. It’s a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Oh wait so now safety’s matter? Make up your mind 

You just implied yourself that safeties don't matter.

I've been consistent on that point:  Safeties don't matter much, and are never worthy of a Top 10 pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kevinc855 said:

If you don’t like celebrating stop watching football with the geniuses that don’t watch it because of the ridiculous flag protest 

Celebrating individual achievement in the context of getting beaten by 30+ points is something I'd teach my kids is stupid, and selfish. I don't know what it has to do with the flag protest... unless you're just deflecting to politics because you've taken on an argument that is sure to get you all spun around and frustrated. Each of your last few responses falsely equivocates my opinion with completely inane things. Maybe you can just accept the fact that I don't like selfish players. I am entitled to my opinion. I'm not asking anyone to change their opinion, I'm simply stating my own.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

You're deflecting. The issue here is that our "leader of men" is really just a self-campaigning malcontent who is willing to go to social media or the press and air dirty laundry. That's not leadership. That's douchebaggery. 

 

Asking for more talent is not self campaigning it’s asking for a legitimate shot to win. There is a lot to be angry about the guy who just made the pro bowl is not. But I’m sure you know better then the fans of 32 teams on who the best safety was.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You just implied yourself that safeties don't matter.

I've been consistent on that point:  Safeties don't matter much, and are never worthy of a Top 10 pick. 

Lol then don’t blame them for being 30 points down 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

If you don’t like celebrating stop watching football with the geniuses that don’t watch it because of the ridiculous flag protest 

Celebrating is fine when there's an actual reason to celebrate.  Celebrating a tackle when you're getting blown out makes him a tool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, j4jets said:

So the Jets won 9 games out of 32. I’d rather he stfu and win a few more games before running his mouth off as if he’s been making impact plays after impact. 

Yes, yes, no opinions on anything until you win a Superbowl.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Lol then don’t blame them for being 30 points down 

Why not?  If you guys are going to say he was worthy of being a high pick, is the Jets' leader and best player, you have to take the bad with the good.  You can't credit him for wins and simultaneously excuse him from blowout losses. 

Either he's part of the Jets fortunes or he's not.  Either way he's not worthy of the praise he gets around here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Celebrating individual achievement in the context of getting beaten by 30+ points is something I'd teach my kids is stupid, and selfish. I don't know what it has to do with the flag protest... unless you're just deflecting to politics because you've taken on an argument that is sure to get you all spun around and frustrated. Each of your last few responses falsely equivocates my opinion with completely inane things. Maybe you can just accept the fact that I don't like selfish players. I am entitled to my opinion. I'm not asking anyone to change their opinion, I'm simply stating my own.

So are you for celebrating or not? You are not answering the question 

  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'd rather him not celebrate himself as much as he does. It has nothing to do with quitting. Frankly, that's a stupid assertion.

Self-celebration is a hallmark of this team and, frankly has infected the league as a whole.  That is a big problem. Especially with this team.  That is   what must change in order for us to stop, the "sucking".  As for  the league,  f"em, don't care, although it bothers me....a lot.  Almost as much as Roger Goodell  and the officiating/"rules committee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kevinc855 said:

Asking for more talent is not self campaigning it’s asking for a legitimate shot to win. There is a lot to be angry about the guy who just made the pro bowl is not. But I’m sure you know better then the fans of 32 teams on who the best safety was.

 

lol, you argue like an 11 year old.

His self-campaigning is all the time. Not just a remark about him saying we need more talent. In fact, I'd argue that his constant self-campaigning makes his actual insights less poignant. Decision makers tend to tune out the chirpers. At least, that's been my experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Self-celebration is a hallmark of this team and, frankly has infected the league as a whole.  That is a big problem. Especially with this team.  That is   what must change in order for us to stop, the "sucking".  As for  the league,  f"em, don't care, although it bothers me....a lot.

I agree. The reason it irks me with this guy, is that he's a self-professed leader of the team. These are not leadership behaviors. His intent might be noble, but his method is clumsy - and I don't see it as a big deal to criticize that method. Hell, criticism made and taken the right way, is why I'm where I'm at in my career. A true leader knows how to listen to feedback.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...