Why I love Jamal

kevinc855

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

You are a troll who never contribute coherently to the dialogues. This is why you aren’t allowed at the adults table yet 

Having a point of view, opinions and insights that are outside of the realm of your intellect, that therefore aggravate you, doesn't make me a troll. Nobody asked you to have a emo meltdown because I don't like Jamal Adam's bunghole mouth.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

He’s not technically incorrect, but a real leader doesn’t rip his own teammates like he keeps doing to the media. I don’t think Jamal is maliciously doing anything, he’s just an emotional guy that needs to mature a little. 

Feels good to hear what he said as a fan, but if you’re a guy in the locker room, he’s basically saying “you all suck and don’t care like i do”. With his high intensity and loud leadership style, that kind of behavior is going to cause some resentment and divisiveness. You already have guys like Q and Kearse having to answer questions about it and disagreeing with what he said. 

The problem is he's correct. 

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Sometimes I think people just have a problem with young African American men expressing their views boldly 

lol, am I a racist now? 

that's not my issue here, Kevin. I can assure you of that. I've incurred plenty of outrage on this site over the years advocating for a point of view other than "white dudes who don't like people complaining". 

as I said, this is about Adams being more about himself than the team. that's all. it's my opinion. get over it, brah.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, am I a racist now? 

that's not my issue here, Kevin. I can assure you of that. I've incurred plenty of outrage on this site over the years advocating for a point of view other than "white dudes who don't like people complaining". 

as I said, this is about Adams being more about himself than the team. that's all. it's my opinion. get over it, brah.

Never called you one. That said it Exists. 

My opionion only of course...

I Iove his effort, heart and football IQ and toughness and versatility 

I really could do without a lot of the static and chatter. It helps a little because he becomes the lightning rod and he's a big boy and he can take it, but a lot of what he says would be better left unsaid publicly 

Can you imagine sitting next Jamal on the plane? 

???

1 hour ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

He’s not technically incorrect, but a real leader doesn’t rip his own teammates like he keeps doing to the media. I don’t think Jamal is maliciously doing anything, he’s just an emotional guy that needs to mature a little. 

Feels good to hear what he said as a fan, but if you’re a guy in the locker room, he’s basically saying “you all suck and don’t care like i do”. With his high intensity and loud leadership style, that kind of behavior is going to cause some resentment and divisiveness. You already have guys like Q and Kearse having to answer questions about it and disagreeing with what he said. 

That act will get real old real quick.  Especially from a dude who tackles people occasionally for a living. 

He has to look those dudes in the eyes at some point and 90% of them are looking back at him thinking....FU Jamal, you dont think I'm good enough.  Let me pop my noise cancelling headphones on the next time you decide to give one of your famous sermons.

34 minutes ago, JiF said:

I guess Kearse doesnt know that Jamal Adams was a natural born leader of men.  No maturation needed. 

Lol! I have to give Enunwa credit - he is very intelligent and well spoken (as well as a great threat on the field when healthy). Jamal has a lot of passion but he has to be careful. This is where some senior leadership is truly needed on this team.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Never called you one. That said it Exists. 

My opionion only of course...

It absolutely does. I just figured it was another remark about me, since I was busting your balls.

Probably was, but walking it back is the better thing to do. Happy new year man.

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Sounds like real team leaders aren’t buying in...

867657BE-B0A0-4E7D-A9F3-AC4B3746A52F.png

This reinforces my point. Thank you.

Most kids his age cannot help but frame their view of things narcissistically. As he gets older, he may outgrown it. I hope. But for now, he's a selfish bunghole mouth. The team doesn't need him to be a leader. The team needs him to be a baller. Leadership will grow out of that. It cannot come before it.

Basically, my take-away from this is that Q and Kearse and probably every other grown man in that locker room chuckles at him at best, roll their eyes at him at worst. Either way, he's not regarded as an actual leader. Only to himself has he achieved that status.

Bunghole. Mouth.

3 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

The league has changed and you are basically naming hall of famers. The point is twofold, you basically NEED to be ed reed or Polamalu to be worth a high pick as a safety anymore. the league has become ultra pass happy, emphasizing coverage skills and bigger and faster defenders as training has gotten a lot better. You also basically can’t touch a receiver after five yards, tackle them with your helmet, and receivers get away with pick plays all the time. So safety play is a lot less valuable with the rule changes and evolution of offenses. 

All the attributes you cited are desirable characteristics of a good safety. Speed, coverage and versatility is an  argument for devaluing, the linebacker position,  not the safety. the expansion of pass catching tight ends and backs has made the necessity of a fast, physical, bigger slot oriented player. Linebackers {historically the Jets for example} are too slow, and a lot of corners are not strong or physical enough. The safety fills that need.  Let's agree to disagree on this one.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Position importance on Defense, ranked:

1.  Pass Rusher

2.  # 1 Corner

3.  Additional Pass Rusher

4.  # 2 Corner

5.  DT with Pass-Rushing Capabilities

6.  Non-Pass Rushing OLB

7a.  ILB

7b.  Slot Corner

7c.  Safety

Your rankings, I assume.  Lets use your list in the context of this years Jets defense.  1.  Pass Rusher:  {if you are referring to Leo, he sucked}  2.  #1 Corner:  {that would be Mr. Johnson, Trumaine.  also sucked}.   3. Additional Pass Rusher: {Henry Anderson;  very good season, best on defensive line. acquired for #7 draft pick, not typically the 3rd best option on your defense.  4. #2 corner:  Mr. Clairborne: {also sucked, soft coverage, no passes defensed, non-existent tackling skills a joke}  5. DT with Pass Rushing Skills:  {Didn't  have one Shepard, everyone calls him a bust, McClendon, no noticeable pass rush, worst season yet.  Breaking down.  Pennel, not impressive}  6.  Non= pass Rushing OLB  {Jenkins, rushed pretty well, 7sacks, Copeland, pretty good player, not a star}  7a.  Inside Linebacker;  { Hewitt:  nice player, pretty effective, not  a star,. LuVuu, solid player, has upside, also not a star.}  7b.  Slot Corner:  Buster Skrine:  {tries hard, inadequate coverage skills, on his way out the door, needs to be replaced.  7c. Safety: {Marcus Maye. hurt all year, great hitter, solid if not great future.  Rontez Miles: also sucks, runs around aimlessly, will not be back.}   Then you have Jamal Adams:  Big hitter, plays well in the box, good motor, developing coverage/blitzing skills, plays hard, big mouth, runs around a little too much.  PRO BOWLER.  So, based on this laundry list of subpar performers and outright BUMS, you guys minimize the playing skills of our sole defensive pro bowler based on the fact that he can't do it all and may have a big mouth?  Don't get it.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

That act will get real old real quick.  Especially from a dude who tackles people occasionally for a living. 

He has to look those dudes in the eyes at some point and 90% of them are looking back at him thinking....FU Jamal, you dont think I'm good enough.  Let me pop my noise cancelling headphones on the next time you decide to give one of your famous sermons.

Yep , I guess he had guys fall into him 115 times this year .

21 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

A safety can’t win you games. A team does, that’s his point. And he plays hard every game. 

If we spent a top 6 pick on a safety that can’t win games, and it was a BPA at the time, maybe it’s the safety that’s not living up to his hype. Safeties do win games. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

No. Jermaine Kearse knows a f*ckton more about winning football games than Jamal Adams ever will. Wanna dispute that?

The same idiot that bashed bates in the same locker room presser. Maturity at its best. At least Adams did something for the team this year 

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The same idiot that bashed bates in the same locker room presser. Maturity at its best. At least Adams did something for the team this year 

If Jamal had his way bowles would still be coach and kacy rogers would still be dc.  He knows nothing.  He has been in the league two years and the team has won 9 games.

Now, he is no different than any player in the league, they all have a thought of who is a good coach or if they need more talent etc.  They just don;t beak off about it.

Also if I recall he was boasting about how good the team was going to be at the start of this year.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What did Jamal Adams do “for the team” this year? 

Do this thing called earn a pro bowl? Every game i watched him at MetLife he  wa everywhere, making tackles others missed, never giving up on plays. But the horror to Some racist overweight jet fans is he celebrates when making a play. The horror 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If Jamal had his way bowles would still be coach and kacy rogers would still be dc.  He knows nothing.  He has been in the league two years and the team has won 9 games.

Now, he is no different than any player in the league, they all have a thought of who is a good coach or if they need more talent etc.  They just don;t beak off about it.

Also if I recall he was boasting about how good the team was going to be at the start of this year.

Would you like him to say we are Gona be awful? 

Archived