Jets (Requesting to Interview) HC Candidates

JetsYanks13

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So let me get this straight, because a sportswriter writes an article how this defensive coach doesnt fit what he feels the Jets should be looking at then the interview was made because they fired a black coach?  LOL, ok

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Matt39 said:

Jameis was the first pick in the draft. They have talent all over the place on offense. If you're hiring this caliber of a candidate you might as well have kept Bowles around for the sake on continuity. 

Jamemis was the first pick but hasnt done all that well........and I dont think we can compare Bowels to anyone but Kotite.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Jameis was the first pick in the draft. They have talent all over the place on offense. If you're hiring this caliber of a candidate you might as well have kept Bowles around for the sake on continuity. 

You dont watch much football do you

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Jameis was the first pick in the draft. They have talent all over the place on offense. If you're hiring this caliber of a candidate you might as well have kept Bowles around for the sake of continuity. 

The expectation was the Jets were serious about bringing in an experienced coach, who'd they'd be willing to pay for. Another round of coordinators is just spinning tires.

oh......and did you see the part where I said I still didnt want him?

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Jameis was the first pick in the draft. They have talent all over the place on offense. If you're hiring this caliber of a candidate you might as well have kept Bowles around for the sake of continuity. 

The expectation was the Jets were serious about bringing in an experienced coach, who'd they'd be willing to pay for. Another round of coordinators is just spinning tires.

One used the talent he had to his advantage the well just leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

I suspected this. Chris Johnson was concerned about the optics firing a black Head Coach. IE the social justice donation announcement a couple weeks ago and his public stance supporting players kneeling. Hardly surprising his first two public interview requests is with minority head coaches.

he fired a bad coach.  

i don't care what color you are - black, white, brown, yellow, green - The record requires firing.

Just now, Matt39 said:

I live in the area and get to watch the Bucs weekly.

And I watch them too.  If youre selling Jameis as a top QB because of where he was drafted, ignore that going into the season most though he would be moved or want to ignore how many games, how many 400 yard games Fitz led you didnt watch closely

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Actually decent start to the HC search if you ask me. 

LOOK.........just cut out the sensible, reasonable, thorough, professional coaching search kind of talk ok?

The people here want a rushed, impulsive selection that will be interviewed today, hired tonight and will please everyone. 

Anything less is uncivilized. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

And I watch them too.  If youre selling Jameis as a top QB because of where he was drafted, ignore that going into the season most though he would be moved or want to ignore how many games, how many 400 yard games Fitz led you didnt watch closely

Jameis is a volume passer getting help from an all star supporting cast. The Bucs basically threw every down because their defense was/is terrible. 

17 minutes ago, Stark said:

Nagy was with Reid for 9 years I think. A lot of exposure there. Not sure how much Bienemy learned in 1 year

If you count his time as a QB and as a coaches asst.  He was the OC two years but only called plays in one.

Just now, MasterChiefJets said:

Take a look at this video of Kris Richard. I know he is defense but he is young, fiery and confident. I would see Dallas locking him up for their future. Not saying he's the answer, but it is good to hear a fresh perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLCr_rqwcfw

I’m not against getting a defensive coach but c’mon 

Jameis is a volume passer getting help from an all star supporting cast. The Bucs basically threw every down because their defense was/is terrible. 

Not sure what their OC did to make him such a hot commodity.  

Woody being Woody

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

All star supporting cast?  And Fitz threw for close to what Jameis threw for.  Its not just yardage

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m not against getting a defensive coach but c’mon 

I completely understand. It has been all defense and new coordinator HC hires at that and look at the crappy results. For someone like this, it would depend who they want to bring in for their offense. I know next to nothing about him, I just thought the interview gave us a glimpse of young man who wants an opportunity.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

All star supporting cast?  And Fitz threw for close to what Jameis threw for.  Its not just yardage

Every skill position on the Bucs would start on the Jets. Evans, Godwin, Humpries, OJ, Brate would all be on the field.

27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I have no problem with this. A lot of teams do it. No problem hiring some help.

Jets fans blew this out of proportion last time.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Why would this be different than anything else? Macc does due diligence interviewing several guys...the fans get on him anyway. I'm all for calling macc to task for what he's done, but doing his job isn't one of them.

Every skill position on the Bucs would start on the Jets. Evans, Godwin, Humpries, OJ, Brate would all be on the field.

And thats what makes them an all star supporting cast?  You do realize the Jets are devoid of any real offensive talent, outside of a couple of players, right?

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not if you look at what he did there.  Head scratching is my reaction to not getting why he should be interviewed

These are the same C and D list candidates I expected we’d be forced to hire since Mac is still the GM and the Johnsons are a walking joke

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And thats what makes them an all star supporting cast?  You do realize the Jets are devoid of any real offensive talent, right?

If he lost with Evans, Winston, and Desean Jackson I’m sure he’ll do better with Charone Peake

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

These are the same C and D list candidates I expected we’d be forced to hire since Mac is still the GM and the Johnsons are a walking joke

Yeah, C & D list candidates.  Translation, you have no friggen idea who they are.  Pretty much everyone knew that Monken was going to get interviews off of what his history and accomplishments were

You really need to grow up from believing either Johnson is a walking joke.  Its just not smart

Archived