I take McCarthy in a heartbeat.

The_Jet_Nation

McCarthy is getting beat up badly on this thread. I just don’t understand what’s up with the Jets fans who hate the idea of hiring a HC with experience.

Career highlights and awards
Head coaching record
 Regular season: 125–77–2 (.618)
Postseason:  10–8 (.556)

Come on Jet fans who dislike this HC. Snap out of it. 

Put Gruden type numbers up and bring someone of this caliber in here.

84D10B2E-D7C6-4F1A-BFD7-DDFC52CF4C6A.jpeg

I wouldn't hate McCarthy, but one thing that scares me about him is his lack of a coaching tree,  13 years as head Coach in this league, and the only former assistants who got HC opportunties are Ben McAdoo and Joe Philbin. 

A good coach, after that much time in the league should have been able to hire and develop more competent coaches.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Mccarthy wont take an interview with the Jets unless they're willing to pay. Judging by the first line of interviews, the Johnsons have no intention on giving out a lot of money for a coach.

Then the Johnson's are completely dedicated to losing and infuriating their fan base. ?

20 minutes ago, The_Jet_Nation said:

McCarthy is getting beat up badly on this thread. I just don’t understand what’s up with the Jets fans who hate the idea of hiring a HC with experience.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Jet fans hate a lot of ideas. We have a great young QB, and some still think Baker was the best QB, and we didn't even pass over him. Some still complain that we didn't pick Mahomes or Watson. No matter who we pick half (or more) of the vocal fans will complain about it. Even those who liked the idea will complain later if it doesn't work out (and visa versa).

Jets fans just want to be unhappy. Of course, it is hard to be a Jets fan and there has be little to cheer about for a long time. So - Happy New Year to all.

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's easy to win with Aaron Rodgers

Aaron Rodgers still wanted him gone

The fans wanted him gone

Management fired him midseason.

Yeah it is easy to win with Rogers especially when McCarthy is the coachThat corrected all the flaws in his game, just drop back, where he held the ball, throwing motion, arm angle, increased arm strength, made them into one the best deep ball passers in the league when coming into the league he was not. Rogers has credited him with all of this. He’d be great for Sam. And that’s the most important part

The fans wanted him gone

He’s also the coach who made the incredibly bold (and correct) call to let the door hit Favre on the ass and stand firm on moving on with Rogers. While that may seem like a no brainer now, it sure as sh*t wasn’t back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Lith said:

I wouldn't hate McCarthy, but one thing that scares me about him is his lack of a coaching tree,  13 years as head Coach in this league, and the only former assistants who got HC opportunties are Ben McAdoo and Joe Philbin. 

A good coach, after that much time in the league should have been able to hire and develop more competent coaches.

Belichicks coaches are all failures 

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Fair point. I would still love him though.

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Jet fans hate a lot of ideas. We have a great young QB, and some still think Baker was the best QB, and we didn't even pass over him. Some still complain that we didn't pick Mahomes or Watson. No matter who we pick half (or more) of the vocal fans will complain about it. Even those who liked the idea will complain later if it doesn't work out (and visa versa).

Jets fans just want to be unhappy. Of course, it is hard to be a Jets fan and there has be little to cheer about for a long time. So - Happy New Year to all.

Agreed the whining/bitching/moaning must get addictive to them lol

On 12/31/2018 at 10:20 AM, The_Jet_Nation said:

Head coaching record

How many threads are you going to create saying the same thing? Stop

It's a good match on a number of levels 

He's even used to the organizational structure 

The packers had the coach and GM reporting to a guy who assumed control a few years back from the board of directors 

Having a different ownership situation probably won't scare him off either 

If Chris and macc really have a plan to build around Sam and get Mccarthy on board it could be a great opportunity to take over the division 

On 12/31/2018 at 1:20 PM, The_Jet_Nation said:

Head coaching record

This team needs a HC that has been there and done it. They do not respect first time guys who try to be player coaches. McCarthy brings INSTANT CREDIBILITY and know how to a franchise that don't know how.

On 12/31/2018 at 1:45 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The fans wanted him gone

Green Bay usually was a wreck by playoff time and Rodgers was all they had. No run game, porous defense and just Rodgers for an offense. No easy to win under those circumstances. He instantly becomes the best Jets HC since Parcells the minute he walks to the podium.

The fans wanted him gone

This is my fear about the guy as well.  It's hard to say how much credit he deserved. 

Also, how will we differentiate GM from HC?  "Macc" vs "McC"?

The fans wanted him gone

Pat Riley had a good quote about coaching in one place for 10 years and how even with the best of intentions you just end up grinding on each other. I think McCarthy is a good coach, more importantly he has the presence that the HC needs to have and that Bowles did not. I'd take him with good coordinators any day of the week.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:45 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The fans wanted him gone

Remember, GB was 4-12 or something the year before he took over and Favre looked old and done.  He turned Favre's career around and GB was in the title game w/in 2 years before Favre threw it away.

He developed Aaron Rodgers

Aaron Rodgers has to take responsibility for himself, he has to make plays.  he's using the coach as an excuse.  all the reports about the rift btw Brady and Belichick but Brady still goes out and does his job by carrying BB.

Fans always need a scapegoat, if Aaron wasn't so soft and hurt all the time they win a lot more games.

Remember about 2 years ago how Saints fans wanted Payton gone? They had 3 straight losing seasons w/ Brees never missing a game.  McCarthy has had 2 full losing seasons in his career- the first was the first year starting for Rodgers and the next was when Rodgers was hurt and Hundley started 9 games and they still were only a game away from .500.  as these QBs get older teams need to get them more help, in NO they did that.  Brees had a great year but it was like one of the old ridiculous yardage/TD seasons.  He threw for 23 and 32 the last 2 seasons but No started winning again b/c he had more help.  Rodgers is old, he needs more help but he became the scapegoat b/c fans will always back their favorite players over coaches or execs.

The fans wanted him gone

First of all, your first statement is ridiculous. Winning in the NFL is not easy, regardless of who your QB is. The other 52 players on the team count, also.

Before the start of the 2017, Saints fans were calling for the head of Sean Payton after three straight 7-9 seasons with Drew Brees, another GOAT QB. Then they had a couple of spectacular drafts and, voila, Payton is a genius again. Funny how that works.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, The_Jet_Nation said:

Head coaching record

I'm with you, he brings credibility to this franchise immediately upon arrival. Compared to the incompetence we have had, you would see an instant change if we are fortunate enough to get MM.

Archived