No point in bitching about Mac

nico002

It is more like .... we have known for months that Bowles was going and Mac was staying .. at this point if you can't deal with it, maybe it is time to move on. Not asking anyone to leave, but supposedly we are fans because we love and root for the Jets - if watching the team is going to make you so unhappy, maybe you should find another way to be happy.

Mac is here. He is here at least a year (unless they find a HC they absolutely want and doesn't want to work with him). He is here. Sorry, but that is the current situation.

Of course, if venting and complaining makes you happy - enjoy. Happy New Year.

If he was in fact letting Bowles pick the groceries it is even further damning to his exec leadership / GM capabilities.

What good reason could Mac have to let Bowles dictate draft day decisions when its his reputation at stake unless its possible Woody & Chris Johnson said thats how to roll?

34 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

It is more like .... we have known for months that Bowles was going and Mac was staying .. at this point if you can't deal with it, maybe it is time to move on. Not asking anyone to leave, but supposedly we are fans because we love and root for the Jets - if watching the team is going to make you so unhappy, maybe you should find another way to be happy.

Mac is here. He is here at least a year (unless they find a HC they absolutely want and doesn't want to work with him). He is here. Sorry, but that is the current situation.

Exactly. I stated pretty emphatically that if Bowles was retained I'd give up watching this team. Macc? He'll be influenced by the new Head Coach and by the direction that coach wants to take this team. 

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

I get what you're saying...but I'm a long time fan.  Also one that doesn't get overly upset, usually pretty rational.  Like moves, don't like others..but for the most part I try and understand why moves are made and accept them.  BUT....

Keeping Mac, to me, is beyond incompetent - makes literally zero sense to me.  I can't for the life of me understand the decision making of this choice.  

it's not just that he has been a terrible GM, which he has - but if that were all it were I would ultimately be okay with it, maybe there were mitigating circumstances with the draft choices, bad luck with FA's etc...

But keeping him...

1) Just re-starts the cycle of GM's and HC's not on the same page and essentially in competition.  As soon as things go bad all the finger pointing will start

2) Any HC coming here will understand Mac is almost certainly getting fired next year and whatever new GM is on-board will be looking for his own coach.  

Rinse and repeat....

It's just so asinine I have every right to be PO'd and express my feelings - and be unhappy about it and not give up on being a fan. 

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Guy is here for a while. No choice but to hope that he was picking players Bowes wanted. Give him a chance to see how he does going forward. The insesant negativity any time his name comes up is a waste of all of our energy at this point.

Agreed. I understand the frustration but he is here so we have to root for him to make the right moves.  

Guy is here for a while. No choice but to hope that he was picking players Bowes wanted. Give him a chance to see how he does going forward. The insesant negativity any time his name comes up is a waste of all of our energy at this point.

Agreed. I am past it, it is what it is. I will hold my fire until I see who they hire. No point in being critical of unverified rumors. I hope Mac gets his sh*t together.

Why?  Why should fans not complain when they feel the guy is doing a terrible job? 

Why should they erase 4 years of bad drafting, poor team planning and awful fa signings?

Negativity is a good thing, what you say?  No positivity is proven to be better!

That is simply not the case. 

I am not a fan of Jamal Adams but others are so that is good positivity from them.  almost all of us are positive about our QB.  Good positivity.

What you get when EVERYTHING is positive is people who are not good at their jobs retaining them for far too long.

If Mac has a perceived good draft and Fa period he will get his share of praise.  If not he should be blasted.

You earn your praise and you ear your scorn in this league.

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

1) Just re-starts the cycle of GM's and HC's not on the same page and essentially in competition.  As soon as things go bad all the finger pointing will start

2) Any HC coming here will understand Mac is almost certainly getting fired next year and whatever new GM is on-board will be looking for his own coach.  

1 - in theory Mac will be part of the process, so they should be on the same page; last time they were basically hired separately.

2 - In theory, it will be the reverse of this year; they will fire Mac and give the HC input into the new GM. Or, maybe, depending on the HC, the new HC may push Mac out. This could be 1 reason why new HC will report to Chris - in case they want to move on from the GM.

4 hours ago, nico002 said:

I remember all the patience fans had with John Idzik and Eric Mangini and I say, yes, indeed, give Mike Maccagnan his rightful decade. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I remember all the patience fans had with John Idzik and Eric Mangini and I say, yes, indeed, give Mike Maccagnan his rightful decade. 

I am still waiting for the genoids to admit they were wrong ;) 

For my own peace of mind I'm pretending this was his first year. 

And as a first year GM he had a decent draft highlighted by moving up and getting Darnold.

No if you'll excuse me I'm going to ask that hot blonde down the street if she'll go out with me.

I don't buy the whole premise about Bowles telling Mac who to draft ... a run focused head coach who never drafted a single decent offensive lineman? Or a running back before the tail end of the draft?

My main hope for this year is that Mac realises he has to protect the QB that saved his job.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, nico002 said:

I said the same thing on another three.  The only ray of light would be if Todd held the real power before.  CJ is just a rich douche. He knows nothing about football. It would be easy to exercise influence on him......and so  on and so on.  So I tell myself that. Let's keep our fingers crossed.  All this Xs and Os talk.  The most important asset for a coach is to find a guy who will control the locker room, not some guy who the players love.  Players are generally children, and poor evaluators of their bosses.  We do not need a big name.  We need what Q said--someone who will not take sh*t and someone who can direct others.  It should not be hard to find a better OC than Bates--who is a walking disaster. Running on 2nd and long all year is what led to us leading the league in 3 and outs. So when I hear some names I know nothing about I am almost encouraged.  I want  someone who will oversee the team, not waste time calling plays on offense or defense.  Someone who demands accountability.  The other issue is can Macc improve his drafting?  Was the two safeties draft really Macc's call?  Probably was, but that is what made me first think that Todd had too many fingers in the pie.  We will see

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Will scouts help him spend that $116 million, too?

it's hard to say what influence the scouts will actually have over the contracts.  imo they will probably have to overpay but even there, it's not like mac has paid over market value for most of the free agents.  there have been some exceptions like revis and some mistakes like re-signing wilky.  mac needs to cut out the mistakes.

Archived