Chris Johnson: New coach will report to me

Lizard King

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ruby2 said:

I really wish we didn’t have Darnold so I could once and for all truly give up on the colossal scams that is this franchise.

There are simply no words.

I miss Leon Hess. At least he tried. And those Hess toy trucks were cool.

7 minutes ago, BigO said:

So what powers will Macc actually have? Can he make trades, sign FA’s, select draft picks? Isn’t that his job? If he won’t be allowed to then why was he kept on in the first peace? Personally, I hope all he does is make the coffee. He good at that. ️ 

These powers!!!

C23EE451-8828-4450-BC21-7DC09D8E7851.jpeg.c83e057177a056e08f4d3f665680aa28.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So you think theres a NFL team, anywhere where the owner isnt involved in the hiring of the teams HC?  He said hes going to work with Macc and Heimerdinger on the hire.  What would you expect and why?

I think a large majority of NFL owners/CEOs have some form of real CEO experience. Many of them built wealth to acquire a franchise out of their own talent, ability, education and effort. Can't say the same here.

And guess what? There are other trust fund lottery winners that do just fine in this role. You know why? Because they are at least smart enough to know what they don't know, so they put people in charge that do. Not these 2 nitwits. They think they know business because they have fat wallets.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

That the Jets have to annually declare the reporting structure of their convoluted, befuddled and malicious front office is hilarious. Company outings have to be a blast. I see multi-million dollar org getting one of those canopy things in the local park, giving everyone 2 drink tickets to get Bud Ice from the cooler, and pockets of miserable a-holes distributed in cliques spitting venom about each other for 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon.... because they are too cheap to do it during work hours.

This means he looked at both guys separately and somehow concluded that Mac deserves to keep his job and Bowles deserves to lose his.  What the **** . . .

26 minutes ago, BigO said:

So what powers will Macc actually have? Can he make trades, sign FA’s, select draft picks? Isn’t that his job? If he won’t be allowed to then why was he kept on in the first peace? Personally, I hope all he does is make the coffee. He good at that. ️ 

Essentially he will be allowed to wipe his own ass---as well as the Johnsons'

3 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

This means he looked at both guys separately and somehow concluded that Mac deserves to keep his job and Bowles deserves to lose his.  What the **** . . .

IF there is any logic to this, and I dont say there is, it could be that CJ gave far more attention (power?) to Bowles' ideas than Macc's.  When even he realized that they were totally unproductive, he decided to give Macc a chance.  But I do not assume logic even entered into it.

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It’s stupid and we not long ago had a GM who didn’t get along with a coach he never selected. And both guys ended up fired. 

I really do not know who they should hire.  The sad part is that I am sure these members of the cast will screw the pooch.  Ask me why?  I have been a fan of the Jets since they were the Titans

17 minutes ago, jack48 said:

IF there is any logic to this, and I dont say there is, it could be that CJ gave far more attention (power?) to Bowles' ideas than Macc's.  When even he realized that they were totally unproductive, he decided to give Macc a chance.  But I do not assume logic even entered into it.

Let's be honest.  Both of these guys were born with a silver spoon in their ass.  Neither has the ability to make important decisions.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He did say he came in and talked to players this morning to get their thoughts on what the team needs.  Including Jamal.

But I'm sure some will think this is a negative

I would hope that darnold’s opinions on what this team needs would be more important that those of Adams.  Adams is a bowles apologist.

23 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Good post.  I'm having a very hard time trying to understand the logic behind this move.  This is a reasonable thought.

But unfortunately, as you mentioned, there probably wasn't a whole lot of logic involved.

Well they own the team whether we like it or not.  This is getting way to old, for what I seen on the interview Chris is a joke speaking with no confidence on how the approach will go he sounded clueless this is not good for the Jets Nation.  Yes insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.  If he and Mike have such a great relationship then why is he not letting Mac do his job.  There is no confidence in the GM from this fill in owner.  The Johnsons have a super low football IQ and its showing. 

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

I really do not know who they should hire.  The sad part is that I am sure these members of the cast will screw the pooch.  Ask me why?  I have been a fan of the Jets since they were the Titans

Wow ? I think I started watching football around ‘64. Packers were revolutionary then. Namath put Jets on the map. Since the SB, we have lost the last 13 divisional playoff games. SMH ??‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

I mean on one hand, lots of teams are doing it this way. On the other, none of those teams have the Johnsons calling the shots. 

On the good side, new HC won't answer to Macc, so there's that.

Let us remember that CJ is pretty new on the job and appears to be the polar opposite of Woody in a lot of ways, so, I wouldn't assume anything about CJ just yet as far as his ability to run a franchise goes.

At this point, I think CJ deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Archived