14 in Green

WHY I FEEL GOOD ABOUT THE JETS TODAY

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

First of all, Bowles is gone. I'm not sure if he deserved as much hate as he got on this site, but what he was doing clearly wasn't working, so it was time for him to go, and he is gone. That's a POSITIVE.                 Macc is still here. That is certainly not very popular with a lot of the people on this site, but I don't think he is looked at through out the league the way he is here. He's certainly not shown he's an elite GM, but I'm okay with him getting this chance to hire his own HC. The problem with this is he only has two years remaining on his contract, and I have a feeling the Jets will have to extend his contract until the end of his new HCs contract. NEUTRAL at best.                     We are set at QB for the foreseeable future. Sam came on at the end of the season, and has made the Jets one of the top two destinations for any perspective HC on the market. Despite what the always negative people on this site say, the Jets should have their pick of the litter when it comes to the new coaching hire. EXTREMELY POSITIVE.                        Cap space? we are in better shape then everyone. POSITIVE.                       The draft? It just doesn't set up the way we need it to this year at first glance. The lack of QB talent hurts our chances to trade out of #3 for more picks, but that may change. I'd love to see us get the edge guy from Kentucky, but I'm no draft expert, and would feel a lot more comfortable with more picks in order to beef up the OL and get a WR. Who knows how this will play out? NEUTRAL.                         Our roster? I think most of us feel like there is more then above average talent on the Defensive side of the ball, but there is a glaring need for a pass rush. Offense? Lets face it, aside from Darnold, Herndon, Anderson and Enunwa, (I want to include Burnett, I really think he's going to be good) there is nobody else who really matters. Some of these "others" will be back, but none will be more then bodies. Lots of help needed. I'll go slightly POSITIVE, because I believe our D can be really good with an Edge rush, and with Sam being the tide that lifts all boats, there is hope for the offense.                      Finally, the moves that take us to instant playoff contention? Signing Leveon Bell, hitting on the right HC, getting a solid vet WR in FA, the edge guy, and two OLs from the draft or FA.

Its good to have some optimism on this board for a change. I feel like there is too much negativity. I agree with what you said. We have a sh*tload of cap space,a top 3 pick,and finally have a young QB who seems like the real deal. This team can take a HUGE step next year

• Upvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

WELCOME to the off-season. 

:good:       Way to bring your A game....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

At least CJ did something - TB is gone

Sam is starting QB next year - have to hope Mac builds around him

At least we have the resources to do it. We need help at the skill positions, and upgrades on the OL, but I think it can be done. This team is overdue for some good luck also. LOL

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

First of all, Bowles is gone. I'm not sure if he deserved as much hate as he got on this site, but what he was doing clearly wasn't working, so it was time for him to go, and he is gone. That's a POSITIVE.                 Macc is still here. That is certainly not very popular with a lot of the people on this site, but I don't think he is looked at through out the league the way he is here. He's certainly not shown he's an elite GM, but I'm okay with him getting this chance to hire his own HC. The problem with this is he only has two years remaining on his contract, and I have a feeling the Jets will have to extend his contract until the end of his new HCs contract. NEUTRAL at best.                     We are set at QB for the foreseeable future. Sam came on at the end of the season, and has made the Jets one of the top two destinations for any perspective HC on the market. Despite what the always negative people on this site say, the Jets should have their pick of the litter when it comes to the new coaching hire. EXTREMELY POSITIVE.                        Cap space? we are in better shape then everyone. POSITIVE.                       The draft? It just doesn't set up the way we need it to this year at first glance. The lack of QB talent hurts our chances to trade out of #3 for more picks, but that may change. I'd love to see us get the edge guy from Kentucky, but I'm no draft expert, and would feel a lot more comfortable with more picks in order to beef up the OL and get a WR. Who knows how this will play out? NEUTRAL.                         Our roster? I think most of us feel like there is more then above average talent on the Defensive side of the ball, but there is a glaring need for a pass rush. Offense? Lets face it, aside from Darnold, Herndon, Anderson and Enunwa, (I want to include Burnett, I really think he's going to be good) there is nobody else who really matters. Some of these "others" will be back, but none will be more then bodies. Lots of help needed. I'll go slightly POSITIVE, because I believe our D can be really good with an Edge rush, and with Sam being the tide that lifts all boats, there is hope for the offense.                      Finally, the moves that take us to instant playoff contention? Signing Leveon Bell, hitting on the right HC, getting a solid vet WR in FA, the edge guy, and two OLs from the draft or FA.

EWW I strongly disagree with the above average talent on defense thing. Adams aside there isn't much there but okay.

I do agree with the guys you mention on offense I just don't think Robbie is a strong player. Enunwa is a force when he plays and Herndon is coming along nicely. Keeping Enunwa healthy is going to be the thing and I'm not sure that its going to be an easy road in that respect.

On the moves you mention to take us to instant playoff contention I'm not as optimistic as you seem to be. I'm all for signing Bell I truly am but I don't see it happening. He has mentioned other teams but not a word about the Jets. I just don't think he comes here because people outside the fanbase don't see us as close to contention as others might think.

The other stuff? Not too tall an order is it? I don't know man I'm thinking 2020 might be more realistic for the playoff contention thing and I don't see Macc hitting a home run this off-season based on his previous forays into the FA and draft market. Otherwise ALL GOOD.

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

At least we have the resources to do it. We need help at the skill positions, and upgrades on the OL, but I think it can be done. This team is overdue for some good luck also. LOL

Agreed. I still think its possible to trade down and gather more assets.  Im praying Haskins has a great showing at the combine lol.  That will help bigtime

19 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Its good to have some optimism on this board for a change. I feel like there is too much negativity. I agree with what you said. We have a sh*tload of cap space,a top 3 pick,and finally have a young QB who seems like the real deal. This team can take a HUGE step next year

Optimism is nice, but it does not really win games.  Very often optimism is just wishful thinking, and has nothing to do with talent or ability

• Butt Fumble 1

23 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Wasn’t this same thing said the last 7 years 🤔

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

15 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I think people on this board just want to see the Jets win it again or for younger fans, win it in their lifetime. Between the coaches, the coordinators, the gms, the transition of ownership to the Johnsons. and how close the team has come under Parcell's and Rex to just have it evaporate time and time again wears on the fans. 

The team has money, a young and hopefully Franchise QB who has shown strides this year, and some young talent but many holes to fill.

We can only hope that the right coach is brought in with the right mindset, the right talent and that this team can gel together from top to bottom. It has been too darn long. I am fan who is ready to root for this team to a championship - I can only hope that the Jets are willing to do their part. :)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Optimism is nice, but it does not really win games.  Very often optimism is just wishful thinking, and has nothing to do with talent or ability

No sh*t. However having plenty of assets and a very good young QB makes it realistic

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed. I still think its possible to trade down and gather more assets.  Im praying Haskins has a great showing at the combine lol.  That will help bigtime

Only the Jags or Giants would trade down and they could wait to trade with a team above us. 

• Butt Fumble 1

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yup , the Jets HC opening seems to be ranked higher than most others so there is reason to think the offseason will bring improvements 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

EWW I strongly disagree with the above average talent on defense thing. Adams aside there isn't much there but okay.

I do agree with the guys you mention on offense I just don't think Robbie is a strong player. Enunwa is a force when he plays and Herndon is coming along nicely. Keeping Enunwa healthy is going to be the thing and I'm not sure that its going to be an easy road in that respect.

On the moves you mention to take us to instant playoff contention I'm not as optimistic as you seem to be. I'm all for signing Bell I truly am but I don't see it happening. He has mentioned other teams but not a word about the Jets. I just don't think he comes here because people outside the fanbase don't see us as close to contention as others might think.

The other stuff? Not too tall an order is it? I don't know man I'm thinking 2020 might be more realistic for the playoff contention thing and I don't see Macc hitting a home run this off-season based on his previous forays into the FA and draft market. Otherwise ALL GOOD.

Good Post. I definitely took a optimistic view with the defense, but I feel the combination of a good pass rush and better coaching then KC Rogers will help transform it. Of course getting that pass rush is a big if. On the Offensive side, I feel it can't get worse, there almost has to be an improvement, even if by default. I am also putting a LOT of eggs in the Bell basket. If you're correct and we don't get him, I agree with your 2020 prediction.

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

No sh*t. However having plenty of assets and a very good young QB makes it realistic

Assets? Or asses?

• Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

7 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Just curious. How do you feel about the constant negativity?

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

If I may jump in. For me, it’s the only thing with this team that gives me hope.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Thats the vibe I get from him too

9 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

That is a different kind of optimism than what we are talking about here.

• Butt Fumble 1

tldr: I FEEL GOOD ABOUT THE JETS TODAY BECAUSE THE JETS HAVE MIKE MACCAGNAN AND THE JETS HAVE SAM DARNOLD AND MIKE MACCAGNAN HAS A BUTT AND SAM DARNOLD HAS A BUTT AND I LIKE TO SMELL BUTTS

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

If it is the truth, not bad.  If it is whining, I don't like it.

9 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Whyyyyyy                      in the                                f*ck was                 I subjected  to                     reading a post that           looks      like it                                                     was written       by someone                              who             is just                            smashing          their d*ck                   on their                        keyboard

...Because you chose to read a post written by someone with VERY limited computer skills? 😉

• Upvote 1

Optimism is nice, but not when it comes with hypocrisy. 

The only way to feel good about Mac staying is if you blame Bowles for the personnel decisions.  If he is at fault for those, Bowles has not gotten half the hate he deserves.

The Jets pick 3rd.  Who could think that they had solid personnel?  Even if you limit it to the defense and admit that they are missing a pass rush, most of those player you like are not under contract - CB2, CB3 are FAs.  So are DT, DE and OLB. 

Outside of Cleveland with Baker Mayfield, then Green Bay with Rogers, the NY Jets are the only team with a young QB who both mobile, accurate & not an azzhole (Rosen) that are looking for a Head Coach.

You go to the Packers you better win NEXT YEAR! and both the Vikings & Bears have way more balanced teams. If I was looking at these teams, past history would mean nothing, having a guy at QB is numero uno for success, plus, with Woody out, Chris in, there will be no owner meddling, plus your GM is there to try & get what you need. 

You know your getting at least 4 years, you know Brady will be 46 at that time. NO FREAKING BRAINER! Jets will definitely have choices. Pray we finally make the right one! Hell, Rex Ryan could have probably won with Sam & a better OC.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Optimism is nice, but not when it comes with hypocrisy. 

The only way to feel good about Mac staying is if you blame Bowles for the personnel decisions.  If he is at fault for those, Bowles has not gotten half the hate he deserves.

The Jets pick 3rd.  Who could think that they had solid personnel?  Even if you limit it to the defense and admit that they are missing a pass rush, most of those player you like are not under contract - CB2, CB3 are FAs.  So are DT, DE and OLB. 

Serious question. Do you look at all the unsigned players and large amount of cap space as a positive or not? I'm not one of those who is really savvy on the cap and the limitations and opportunities this situation presents.

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Outside of Cleveland with Baker Mayfield, then Green Bay with Rogers, the NY Jets are the only team with a young QB who both mobile, accurate & not an azzhole (Rosen) that are looking for a Head Coach.

Aaron Rodgers is 35.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It's a YouTube video son/daughter. 

OOPs, my bad. Just keep bringing it. You're adding a lot. Or, you could go bump the Fire Macc thread. It's what you do...