WHY I FEEL GOOD ABOUT THE JETS TODAY

14 in Green

4 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Aaron Rodgers is 35.

Rogers runs the show there & the new coach better know that coming in. Sam Darnold rolled 38 points on them, talk about a bad defense. I don't think that coaching seat is as cozy as people think it is. 

Just now, Jetster said:

Rogers runs the show there & the new coach better know that coming in. Sam Darnold rolled 38 points on them, talk about a bad defense. I don't think that coaching seat is as cozy as people think it is. 

Aaron Rodgers is tyrant he's got issues we should not base anything on Aaron Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Serious question. Do you look at all the unsigned players and large amount of cap space as a positive or not? I'm not one of those who is really savvy on the cap and the limitations and opportunities this situation presents.

I look at it as a positive if I am a GM coming in.  OTOH, it isn't that big of a positive for having a good team soon.  There is very little talent on the team and what is there is not signed for long. Think of 2015.  Things were nice and we got some talent, but two years later everybody was saying that all you can expect to get is older guys that washed out fast. I'm not looking for a repeat performance.   

3 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Its good to have some optimism on this board for a change. I feel like there is too much negativity. 

6th Worst All-Time Winning % in the NFL.

8th Least Playoff Seasons in NFL History (incld. 4 expansion teams, so really 4th worst).

4 Division Titles in almost 60 years.

4 last place division finishes the last 5 years.

Records of 4-12, 5-11, 5-11, 4-12 in those years, with one lollucky 10-6 still-short-of-playoffs year.

No playoffs in 8 years, 3rd longest streak in the NFL.

Only 2 winning seasons this decade.

Just fired another Coach.  

One of the least talented rosters in the NFL.

No 2nd Round Pick in 2019.

We're a very bad team, in a very bad place today.

We have Darnold.  We have the #3 pick.  We have a ton of cap space (in what looks like a bad FA year).  We have Adams.  We have good kickers.

Beyond that, we don't have much today.  Demanding optimism till we have some evidence it's deserved might be asking alot the day after a 30+ point ass kicking of our team by our hated rival.

Just say'in.  Jets Fan pessimism is WELL earned.

3 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Whyyyyyy                      in the                                f*ck was                 I subjected  to                     reading a post that           looks      like it                                                     was written       by someone                              who             is just                            smashing          their d*ck                   on their                        keyboard

Se             cret    ary  was of  f    to          day.

let me give you some pointers on how to get along on this site.

1. Never say anything positive or optimistic. 

2. When evaluating a Jet's player, coach, gm, owner, etc. they are the worst ? in all of history, a bust, a criminal

3. If you unhappy about a decision, play, etc. it is important to point out how bad the team has been in 60 years. For example, when happy or unhappy point out that the Jets haven't won the SB in 50 years - this is important because Woody has only owned the club less than 20, Mac has only been around for 4 off-seasons, 

4. Every year, lament on how we suck and should blow the whole thing up, but then after a rebuild year or 2, complain that the blown up team sucks

5. Get a franchise QB and lament that the QB picked before is better and we suck because we didn't pick Watson or Mohomes the year before.

6. My favorite - when the Jets show interest in a possible HC - point out that the coach wasn't responsible because the team was stacked while at the same time complaining that a second year QB picked at 10 is playing lights out on the same team - you see the coach sucks because he is surrounded with great players, but the QB is better than ours even though he is surrounded with great players (and has an extra year in the league).

It isn't too hard to get along. 

5 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Its good to have some optimism on this board for a change. I feel like there is too much negativity. I agree with what you said. We have a sh*tload of cap space,a top 3 pick,and finally have a young QB who seems like the real deal. This team can take a HUGE step next year

We just need to all hope that Mac spends it wisely and has a second straight productive draft. That has to happen or there will be no huge leap.

21 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

let me give you some pointers on how to get along on this site.

1. Never say anything positive or optimistic. 

2. When evaluating a Jet's player, coach, gm, owner, etc. they are the worst ? in all of history, a bust, a criminal

3. If you unhappy about a decision, play, etc. it is important to point out how bad the team has been in 60 years. For example, when happy or unhappy point out that the Jets haven't won the SB in 50 years - this is important because Woody has only owned the club less than 20, Mac has only been around for 4 off-seasons, 

4. Every year, lament on how we suck and should blow the whole thing up, but then after a rebuild year or 2, complain that the blown up team sucks

5. Get a franchise QB and lament that the QB picked before is better and we suck because we didn't pick Watson or Mohomes the year before.

6. My favorite - when the Jets show interest in a possible HC - point out that the coach wasn't responsible because the team was stacked while at the same time complaining that a second year QB picked at 10 is playing lights out on the same team - you see the coach sucks because he is surrounded with great players, but the QB is better than ours even though he is surrounded with great players (and has an extra year in the league).

It isn't too hard to get along. 

This is one of my favorite posts ever on this site. It should be required reading before joining. Well done! If I could suggest one more, 7. Make sure you take every opportunity to knock the best player on the team, because, .... he's a safety. This works especially well if you complain you were banging the table for the Jets to pick Mahomes or Watson instead. Even when you weren't, because nobody was.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

This is one of my favorite posts ever on this site. Well done! If I could suggest one more, 7. Make sure you take every opportunity to knock the best player on the team, because, .... he's a safety. This works especially well if you complain you were banging the table for the Jets to pick Mahomes or Watson instead. Even when you weren't, because nobody was.

Thanks.  A good one. Maybe some other can get me to a top 10.

I feel great about where we are.  This was year 2 of the rebuild and there is a lot more talent than people realize including future stars in Darnold and Adams(already a star).  The work is far from over, this offseason is the biggest offseason we have had since 2014 when idzik destroyed us w/ that putrid 12 man draft. 

We have to hire the right HC and he has to hire the right staff, we have to have a good draft, we have to make the right decisions in FA but I haven't been this optimistic about our future in a long time.  Much of that has to do w/ Sam, as he develops we could have one of those guys that gives us a chance to win every year.  A guy that will elevate his teammates- those QBs are rare and special but he showed flashes of that potential even w/ our banged up players on offense and basically having little help late in the year.

Fix that OL, add some weapons for the QB and we'll be a serious playoff contender next year.  I'm going to make a prediction now even w/o knowing what we do this offseason.  I believe the playoff drought will end next year.

47 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I feel great about where we are.  This was year 2 of the rebuild and there is a lot more talent than people realize including future stars in Darnold and Adams(already a star).  The work is far from over, this offseason is the biggest offseason we have had since 2014 when idzik destroyed us w/ that putrid 12 man draft. 

We have to hire the right HC and he has to hire the right staff, we have to have a good draft, we have to make the right decisions in FA but I haven't been this optimistic about our future in a long time.  Much of that has to do w/ Sam, as he develops we could have one of those guys that gives us a chance to win every year.  A guy that will elevate his teammates- those QBs are rare and special but he showed flashes of that potential even w/ our banged up players on offense and basically having little help late in the year.

Fix that OL, add some weapons for the QB and we'll be a serious playoff contender next year.  I'm going to make a prediction now even w/o knowing what we do this offseason.  I believe the playoff drought will end next year.

Good post except all those same facts have me feeling the pessimist.  Mac hasn't shown any ability to make other than average to below average moves.  I'd expect he remains true to form.  The only positive I see for the 2019 season is anything/everything our new HC will bring.  IMHO, playoffs are a lot to ask of him, whoever he might be.  All I want to see is us FINALLY moving in the right direction.  So yeah, I'm pretty pessimistic.  

Archived