Jump to content

The Official Guys Who Have Refused To Interview With The Jets Thread


dbatesman

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

There’s going to be a lot, so let’s just keep them in one place. Matt Campbell, you’re up first!

 

 

Please stop with this garbage. Every team has candidates that refuse interview. If they don’t want to interview then I don’t want them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@dbatesman shouldn't the thread title read--- refused to interview for any NFL coaching vacancy. 

I was told this was a special coaching vacancy. I was told that anyone would be crazy to pass on coaching a team with a franchise QB, a young leader on defense, a load of cap space, a top-three draft pick, and a proven talent evaluator at GM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

I was told this was a special coaching vacancy. I was told that anyone would be crazy to pass on coaching a team with a franchise QB, a young leader on defense, a load of cap space, a top-three draft pick, and a proven talent evaluator at GM.

When you have the chance to interview Todd Monken, you take it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BigO said:

How did u find this? Good reporting!

Its on the NFL Network. He doesn't want leave Iowa State for the NFL.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Other than college coaches who are not interested in coming to the NFL, I think this list is going to be a lot shorter than you think. 

Yeah, this is true. The Jets job is a very attractive one. But if people here who hate Macc include the fact the coach simply wants to remain where he is, how does that help their narrative? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Life can be pretty sweet on a college campus esp if you’re the BMOC. And maybe Campbell likes it there and prefers over the rat race of the NFL. And potentially giving up a great job in a place your family loves just to get fired after one season by a billionaire owner who knows nothing about football. And prob for reasons not your fault. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

I just watched the Tenshin Nasakawa/Floyd Mayweather exhibition, which was one of the most phenomenal ass kickings I have ever seen in a boxing ring, and I imagine that's kind of what the Johnsons and the Jets are going to feel like trying to gather candidates for this process.

It’s gonna be a bloodbath 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Really what is the point of this besides just just trying to stir up more negativity?

This thread is as relevant as every "here's how my feelings feel" thread by every self-important dipstick who thinks their grown-man emotions need to be shared in all-caps, without punctuation, or anything that resembles a 3rd grade reading level.

It's also as relevant as the new thread that gets created weekly to show us what the roster is, when nothing has transpired.

Also probably more relevant than threads about coaches that don't coach our team being fired. Or threads asking if anyone has a GIF of a single meaningless play for them to see...

Shall I continue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I just watched the Tenshin Nasakawa/Floyd Mayweather exhibition, which was one of the most phenomenal ass kickings I have ever seen in a boxing ring, and I imagine that's kind of what the Johnsons and the Jets are going to feel like trying to gather candidates for this process.

^For added relevant context, Floyd is actually touting a 50-0 record now, as if the Conor fight counts. Much like the Jets will count on the city of New York and Darnold as selling points, even though nobody gives a sh*t.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

When you have the chance to interview Todd Monken, you take it.

Sure

Guy engineered the #1 passing offense in the league, and 3rd ranked offense overall, with a revolving door of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jameis Winston at QB.

Also has past HC experience at Southern Miss where he turned the program around.

Why not interview him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Please stop with this garbage. Every team has candidates that refuse interview. If they don’t want to interview then I don’t want them.

Who turns the Jets down is just as important as who they interview. If the Jets try to interview someone you want and they refuse, you don’t want to know? This thread is providing an invaluable service. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...