Gas2No99

WHY Jamal will tear this team apart at the seams

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Two veteran leaders expressed mixed feelings about Jamal Adams' post-game comments about the team needing more talent. Co-captain Quincy Enunwa told ESPN he spoke with Adams about his pointed remarks. Said Enunwa: "As a player, you don't really want to hear that, but I understand his frustration. ... Jamal is going to speak his mind. I don't ever expect Jamal to hold his tongue. I know that when he's upset or when he's passionate, he has no problem saying what he feels. That's Jamal." Jermaine Kearse added: "Do I believe it was the right thing to say? I wouldn't say it's the right thing to say, but I do understand his frustration." Kearse said Adams is still maturing as a leader.

Someone who has been criticized for lacking a "filter" will create factions within the team. Bart Scott did it under Rex and it all imploded by 2011.

Jamal Adams will create a divided house. History repeats itself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Natural-Born Leader Of Men

That he is. It's YET to be defined what TYPE of men. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

How do you tear apart something that has already been burned to ashes?

IF that were truly the case, Mac would be gone. They're salvaging the framing and rebuilding with a new facade. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Two veteran leaders expressed mixed feelings about Jamal Adams' post-game comments about the team needing more talent. Co-captain Quincy Enunwa told ESPN he spoke with Adams about his pointed remarks. Said Enunwa: "As a player, you don't really want to hear that, but I understand his frustration. ... Jamal is going to speak his mind. I don't ever expect Jamal to hold his tongue. I know that when he's upset or when he's passionate, he has no problem saying what he feels. That's Jamal." Jermaine Kearse added: "Do I believe it was the right thing to say? I wouldn't say it's the right thing to say, but I do understand his frustration." Kearse said Adams is still maturing as a leader.

Maybe that’s the problem? Our veteran leader who can’t be bothered to run out the routes...

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Just wait until darnold feels comfortable voicing his opinions.  Because he will, and the team will fall in line with him, not Jamal.  And this includes most of the defensive players that darnold will be torching in training camp next august.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Does any Jets fan out here think that we are as talented as the upper echelon teams?

Anyone?

So why are Adams statements surprising?

Guys who Mac has drafted in the 1st an 2nd round are either on the busts range or are almost out of the league!

Who has performed at this level and STILL HAS THEIR JOB IN THE NFL!!

• Upvote 4

Everybody is right on this one.  Yes, Jamal needs to shut up and play.  Yes, the roster has more holes than a New Orleans cat house...

• Upvote 1

Yeah, someone needs to say it.  It's the truth.  Good for Jamal.  I get the other guys towing the company line but Jamal spoke the truth and good for him.

Team is a mess and it seems like they are about the make the same mistake they've made over and over again.

• Upvote 2

On the plus side, Jamal Adams isn’t good enough or important enough to ruin a team. The team has to need you in order for you to ruin it. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

On the plus side, Jamal Adams isn’t good enough or important enough to ruin a team. The team has to need you in order for you to ruin it. 

Dude. Jamal trucked a guard yesterday. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

That is amazing, indeed. We can hang that banner next to the “Knocked down Julian Edelman Once” banner.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Just curious about your user name .  Gastineau did exactly what Jamal is doing - was it ok then ??

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Essentially, what we have here is Mike Maccagnan being called out for a lack of talent on the team by one of the very players, picked by Macc, who Macc supporters point to as prime evidence that Macc is, indeed, competent at his job and good at identifying and accruing talent.

It's so poetic, I think I might cry.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

That is amazing, indeed. We can hang that banner next to the “Knocked down Julian Edelman Once” banner.

Is that next to the "John Conner Laid Out Some Guy At Practice That One Time" award?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

best box safety in the game bro

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What Adams does and mostly says plays well with the national media, casual football fan, twitter etc (kudos to him for realizing this). But the everyday fans, teammates that see this up and close realize it's a bit phony and tiresome. Win some effing games and intercept some passes. Over the top self promotion has never played well in the NFL.

• Like 1

Nobody who understands football and watched the Jets this year can dispute what Jamal said. No teammate of his can defend the suck and be honest.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

There were 98 players (38 of them were Safeties, 18 were Linebackers) in 2018 who had more interceptions than Jamal Adams had in 2018 and 2019 combined. 

Happy New Year.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Newsflash they are all on their way to Jamaica right now 

A lot of perspective is needed around here 

Every thread is just a crap fest of crybabies 

• Butt Fumble 1

He is passionate and speaks his mind yet there is a saying put your mind in motion before putting your mouth in motion.

Saying the team lacks talent does not help here he is insulting his fellow team mates hard to gain respect from that.   The young man needs to mature a whole lot more.  Time for Avery to step into the role they brought him here for.  

Edited by MS jets Fan
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

There were 98 players (38 of them were Safeties, 18 were Linebackers) in 2018 who had more interceptions than Jamal Adams had in 2018 and 2019 combined. 

Happy New Year.

Adams was 20th in the NFL in tackles - so that's an awful lot of defensive players who had less. 

• Upvote 1