•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
snyf_2521684383_th_48.jpg
Bowles reacts to being fired00:01:09
After being let go as head coach of the Jets, Todd Bowles spoke to SNY Jets Reporter Jeane Coakley, saying "I'm at peace with it."

Todd Bowles told SNY.tv's Jeane Coakley he "was at peace" after the Jets made his firing official Sunday night.

"I think he knew it was coming," Coakley said of Bowles. "I think it's almost like a sigh of relief for him, like it's over. Obviously disappointment, but like he said, he's at peace with it, and that's Todd Bowles, from the beginning to the end."

CEO Christopher Johnson made the firing official Sunday night after their season-ending 38-3 loss to the Patriots, ending his four-year stint with the team.

Bowles went 24-40 as Jets head coach, however the team missed the postseason each year and finished with a top-six draft pick in each of the past three seasons.

Though Bowles deflected questions about his job security immediately following Sunday's loss, he did not blame GM Mike Maccagnan, ownership or the players for his struggles during his tenure.

"He always takes responsibility," Coakley said of Bowles. "Todd never pointed fingers. ... He's a class act, 110 percent. That's why the players loved playing for him, because he was a guy who spoke his mind. It was what it was, but he never blamed anybody else."

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why Todd Bowles feels 'at peace' after being fired by Jets

Bowles' run ends after four seasons

Dec 30 | 10:21PM
  • Share:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
snyf_2521684383_th_48.jpg
Bowles reacts to being fired00:01:09
After being let go as head coach of the Jets, Todd Bowles spoke to SNY Jets Reporter Jeane Coakley, saying "I'm at peace with it."

Todd Bowles told SNY.tv's Jeane Coakley he "was at peace" after the Jets made his firing official Sunday night.

"I think he knew it was coming," Coakley said of Bowles. "I think it's almost like a sigh of relief for him, like it's over. Obviously disappointment, but like he said, he's at peace with it, and that's Todd Bowles, from the beginning to the end."

CEO Christopher Johnson made the firing official Sunday night after their season-ending 38-3 loss to the Patriots, ending his four-year stint with the team.

Bowles went 24-40 as Jets head coach, however the team missed the postseason each year and finished with a top-six draft pick in each of the past three seasons.

Though Bowles deflected questions about his job security immediately following Sunday's loss, he did not blame GM Mike Maccagnan, ownership or the players for his struggles during his tenure.

"He always takes responsibility," Coakley said of Bowles. "Todd never pointed fingers. ... He's a class act, 110 percent. That's why the players loved playing for him, because he was a guy who spoke his mind. It was what it was, but he never blamed anybody else."

Sorry, way to many times this guy had to discipline players & guys have quit to often for this statement to be true...FAKE NEWS!

That's why the players loved playing for him, because he was a guy who spoke his mind. It was what it was, but he never blamed anybody else."

Ask yourself this question. How often do you hear players universally like a HC, Its almost always when its a players coach and then can get away with stuff. Th efact that he lashed out at the refs last week and suspend Tru this week was comical.  I'd wager a bet Todd is a great guy and someone we'd all love to hang out with but he is and never was HC material. 

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Ask yourself this question. How often do you hear players universally like a HC, Its almost always when its a players coach and then can get away with stuff. Th efact that he lashed out at the refs last week and suspend Tru this week was comical.  I'd wager a bet Todd is a great guy and someone we'd all love to hang out with but he is and never was HC material. 

There was an interesting article pre-season about Pete Carroll and the dissent in Seattle. About how the defensive guys(led by Richard Sherman)all hated Russel Wilson because they felt he got treated specially and were turning on Carroll for backing the QB. It all made it sound like the Seahawks were on the brink of implosion.

well Sherman and a few of the key antagonists are out, the others who remain are playing hard and Seattle keeps winning. Would not be remotely shocked to see them in the Super Bowl.

Also the last quarter yesterday summed it up for me. The Patriots were still calling pass plays and giving Brady the chance to throw a 4th TD pass with only a bout 3 minutes in the click while up by 30 . On the very rare occasion Bowles had us ahead he’d immediately go into his shell, call running play after running play in order to ‘not offend’ and ultimately give the opposition an opportunity to come back. I want a dickhead, run up the score mentality coach. A guy who sees every possession as an opportunity to score more points. Todd was just too nice a guy, too interested in being a ‘stand up’ guy and having integrity. Don’t get me wrong I want us to do things right and be a good organisation but I’m sick of the walking on eggshells approach to coaching a game. Step on the throat at all times, that's Just not Bowles

point being a great coach can be an asshat, but so long as he has a grip on his team and has the ruthless streak needed to keep winning then everything  else is irrelevant

Archived