Jonah Williams or Josh Allen at #3?

Freemanm

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

Pretty much. And I explained numerous times how flawed that research is.

One guy who is bad at talent evaluation writes a bad report, another one rewords it, then someone else rewords that... and now I hear how Williams struggles with speed rushers. SMH.

We used to have a guy that posted on JI years ago and he landed a gig at CBS Sports IIRC writing evals. He ended up posting the worst drivel ever and we roasted him until he flat gave up. Now think for one second......some people read his evals and took them for gospel. Probably even brought some up on this site too prove their point. 

Edit: And now I just learned that poster has his own website, theunderdogsports

I remember that guy.  Got into with him on several players.  

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

They’re showing the one pressure he gave up and the second link says Ferrell exposed him in 2017. Ferrell had 1 tackle that game and zero sacks. 

5 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

idk but he looks pretty iffy in the film. 

That must of been the one pressure he gave up all year?

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Seriously.  That video was ONE play of a guy getting around Williams.  ONE play....Lol.   If you’re going to knock a guy for something at least have multiple instances of this happening.   

Ferrell vs Williams should clear up this BS. National Championship Game can’t come soon enough.

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Seriously.  That video was ONE play of a guy getting around Williams.  ONE play....Lol.   If you’re going to knock a guy for something at least have multiple instances of this happening.   

This guy ^ is a Clemson fan. Lets ask him.....whats your impression of Jonah as a LT against Clemsons waves of D Linemen the last couple of years?  What are you EXPECTING in the Championship game? 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

They’re showing the one pressure he gave up and the second link says Ferrell exposed him in 2017. Ferrell had 1 tackle that game and zero sacks. 

Why is an unnecessary agenda being created about Williams at LT? This is actually super entertaining to see lol.

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

Pretty much. And I explained numerous times how flawed that research is.

One guy who is bad at talent evaluation writes a bad report, another one rewords it, then someone else rewords that... and now I hear how Williams struggles with speed rushers. SMH.

We used to have a guy that posted on JI years ago and he landed a gig at CBS Sports IIRC writing evals. He ended up posting the worst drivel ever and we roasted him until he flat gave up. Now think for one second......some people read his evals and took them for gospel. Probably even brought some up on this site too prove their point. 

Edit: And now I just learned that poster has his own website, theunderdogsports

Tony? LOL. 

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I remember that guy.  Got into with him on several players.  

We all did. It was comical and his sh*t was getting posted on a site like CBSSports IIRC. It was definitely an upper tier site.

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My only hesitation here is that I don’t think Beachum and Shell are all that bad, but I know for a fact that our pass rush is pathetic. 

Good problem to have IMO.

Move Shell to OG (where many had him headed anyway pre-draft) and use Williams where he merits on either the R or L.

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

theunderdogsports

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

This guy ^ is a Clemson fan. Lets ask him.....whats your impression of Jonah as a LT against Clemsons waves of D Linemen the last couple of years?  What are you EXPECTING in the Championship game? 

I expect CU to move their ends around and not just have Ferrell lined up over Williams.  You’ll see Bryant, Ferrell, Wilkins and Thomas  all go at him.   I expect Williams to hold up well, he may get beat here and there but that’s not going to be a huge knock on him.  It happens.  Tua gets the ball out quick, rarely holds onto it too long and if he does will take off running.   I don’t expect a lot of sacks, hopefully some steady pressure.   

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Tony? LOL. 

Nope. Tony at the very least actually came up with his own evals. This guy was just some dumb ass kid that thought his sh*t didn't stink and would argue all day long. It was funny as hell because he was terrible on every level.

I think for Maccagnan the pick will be Williams.  His high pick history has been all floor players with proven track record in major programs.  Not that Allen isn't proven, but Williams will be at minimum a "good" player.  I think there will be some "bust" potential with Allen.

That said, one thing Allen might have going for him is actual experience at a 3-4 OLB, which not many edge rushers have coming out of college.  That is the Jets still are a 3-4 next year.

1 hour ago, RobR said:

I started a thread three years ago when he was a true freshman that he would be the first pick in the 2019 draft. He's that good.

Oliver is the type of player who will be an elite pro, whereas Josh Allen may be a better college player. Oliver went to Houston because his brother played there, but it didn't do him any favors in terms of teams being able to game-plan against him every single week. People point to his lack of sacks, but JJ Watt had like 11.5 sacks in 2 years at Wisconsin....a freak is a freak. It would not surprise me at all if:

1. Oliver tests off the charts in the combine (has anyone seen his thighs? they are barkley-esque)

2. Ends up being a top 2 pick

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

Oliver is the type of player who will be an elite pro, whereas Josh Allen may be a better college player. Oliver went to Houston because his brother played there, but it didn't do him any favors in terms of teams being able to game-plan against him every single week. People point to his lack of sacks, but JJ Watt had like 11.5 sacks in 2 years at Wisconsin....a freak is a freak. It would not surprise me at all if:

1. Oliver tests off the charts in the combine (has anyone seen his thighs? they are barkley-esque)

2. Ends up being a top 2 pick

Not much to argue there. He would beat triple teams in college and still penetrate the backfield. I'm already on record that he will test off the charts, my only concern is what he weighs......that's it. 

I want offense so bad but I'd be OK with Oliver. I already mentioned I think he'll be better than Bosa and I'd easily take him over Allen or Quennin Williams. He's a freak with zero red flags.

Just now, RobR said:

Not much to argue there. He would beat triple teams in college and still penetrate the backfield. I'm already on record that he will test off the charts, my only concern is what he weighs......that's it. 

I want offense so bad but I'd be OK with Oliver. I already mentioned I think he'll be better than Bosa and I'd easily take him over Allen or Quennin Williams. He's a freak with zero red flags.

well...he is kind of a headcase....but i'd argue we need those types of guys at this point....too many guys who dont care enough.

39 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

well...he is kind of a headcase....but i'd argue we need those types of guys at this point....too many guys who dont care enough.

I'm not getting the headcase reference....I prefer to call it incredibly intelligent. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Unless you can guarantee me he is the next Aaron Donald, f**k no.

We’re paying $14.5 million to Leonard Williams next season and used a 3rd round pick on a DT just last season.

Screw DT.

I get the sentiment and expect the backlash. I've been wanting us too draft offense for about a decade now and I'm all aboard the Jonah Williams train. I just think Oliver is a better prospect than.....well.....anyone. 

I also think he's a much better prospect than Donald who really increased his stock during the Senior Bowl. Oliver has been the man since he turned 18.

15 hours ago, Untouchable said:

The next person to call Jonah Williams a reach at #3 can give me a reach-around. 

I’m taking him all damn day. Supporting Darnold is by far our biggest priority.

I don't think that's the threat you think it is.

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

watch the video (sorry was trying to quote the other post where you didnt get the headcase reference).

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25289552/houston-star-dt-ed-oliver-heated-incident-coach-major-applewhite

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. He's showing passion and fire in that video...we need more dawgs like that.

7 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Jesus...

When all is said and done I think he goes #1 overall. He is going to wreck the combine, is super young, has the tape, and the motor.

BTW That was just his sophomore year highlight reel. 

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. He's showing passion and fire in that video...we need more dawgs like that.

you are entitled to your opinion, and for the record as i said i think the jets need players who give a sh*t BUT lets not pretend like trying to physically assault your coach on a sideline in a televised game is some kind of a joke. i can only imagine if he did that to whomever the jets hire...

also...passion for what? outerwear?

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

you are entitled to your opinion, and for the record as i said i think the jets need players who give a sh*t BUT lets not pretend like trying to physically assault your coach on a sideline in a televised game is some kind of a joke. i can only imagine if he did that to whomever the jets hire...

also...passion for what? outerwear?

Hopefully our new coach has the stones too prevent things like that happening in the first place. 

I mentioned passion because he cares and busts his ass all game long. I'd rather see it on the field then a player giving blurbs about how they kept competing.

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

Hopefully our new coach has the stones too prevent things like that happening in the first place. 

I mentioned passion because he cares and busts his ass all game long. I'd rather see it on the field then a player giving blurbs about how they kept competing.

these things are not mutually exclusive. i like that KG cared about winning, i wasn't crazy about him getting on all fours and barking at the other team like a dog. Ed Oliver is a hot head, he always has been...thats something teams will have to deal with...on the flip side they will get an outstanding player...it is what it is.

Archived