Jonah Williams or Josh Allen at #3?

Freemanm

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I don't know much about Jonah Williams, but I am not going to get mad at taking an OT at 3 just because he was projected to go later in the first round. If the kid makes the line stronger, take him. The whole draft position defining a player is bullcrap. Do you think that fans for other teams would be crying if they "reached" for Nick Mangold at 10-15?

15 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Like @Lith said, If Jonah is a consistent pro bowler but was picked sooner than projected by draft pundits, then no one is going to care about the draft slot. Any Top 10 should be a pro bowler and if that’s what you get at 3 or 8-10...then who cares? Same difference if you ask me. He’s only getting pushed down in rankings and projections because of elite DL/DT’s...

OL is too important. I’m tired of our guy running for his life. Jonah is a plug and play prospect.

If I had a crystal ball I would LOVE the guy who played 10 years, 8 time Pro Bowler and possible HOF.  When we chose Brick, we all sort of said OK, a small reach, but we need good Oline. He had a rough first year.  After that, he became a GREAT All time JET!  The kind of guy you wear his jersey.  That's who I want. Not a Coples type pick.

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Not a Coples t

thats the NC guy that I was s so so o disappointed with...     ya know, ill root my arse off for all guys wearing the jersey, but...

man...   him, Gholston... shuddershudder...   yeaash

fwiw, Jonah might be that 10 yr rock. donmt feel that about the D prospects.

12 hours ago, SheaRay said:

It's insane. The highest rated OT in the draft and we're supposed to pass on him because Johnny Comb Over on ESPN thinks he should go 8th. 

He started all 3 years at Alabama not to mention as a true freshman. 

And people wonder why we always suck. 

he struggles against college speed rushers....how you think he's gonna fair on 3rd downs in the nfl? darnold gonna get killed. you don't waste the 3rd overall pick on a tackle who can't handle a college level speed rusher

23 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

he struggles against college speed rushers....how you think he's gonna fair on 3rd downs in the nfl? darnold gonna get killed. you don't waste the 3rd overall pick on a tackle who can't handle a college level speed rusher

I'm not sure where you came up with that. He'll be on full display next week against Ferrell.....maybe then we can put this BS to rest.

With so few QB prospects this year, why wouldn’t a guy like Jake Fromm skip his senior year and enter this year’s draft? He’d be a potential top 10 -15 pick maybe even higher if he has a sound combine. Who knows some QB hungry team might be willing to trade up. Seems like a sound business decision to me. 

Am i wrong?

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

With so few QB prospects this year, why wouldn’t a guy like Jake Fromm skip his senior year and enter this year’s draft? He’d be a potential top 10 -15 pick maybe even higher if he has a sound combine. Who knows some QB hungry team might be willing to trade up. Seems like a sound business decision to me. 

Am i wrong?

I thought Fromm was a sophomore?

He’ll be a junior next season.

3 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Am i wrong?

Fromm is not eligible until the 2020 draft. 

Agreed he'd be the #1 guy this year though.

54 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Were did you get that info? He hasn’t given up a sack this year and only one pressure. 

D9E5F267-E3A2-4F3B-98FF-E171932597F0.jpeg

16 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Am i wrong?

Because Jake Fromm is a true junior next season.

14 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Were did you get that info? He hasn’t given up a sack this year and only one pressure. 

D9E5F267-E3A2-4F3B-98FF-E171932597F0.jpeg

They're just pulling sh*t out of their asses that they probably read on some site like Walter football. I highly doubt any of the naysayers have even watched one game tape of Williams. 

23 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

What if bosa slides somehow?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

If he slides it's probably because of the combine (if he shows up for it) or some issue that hasn't come to light yet. If he does slide to #3 though I would think some team would have hot nuts for him and we may get our second rounder back and be able to grab Williams.

Bosa and Allen are going to be the top 2 picks probably. If one falls to 3, the Jets are taking him. If that doesn't happen, failing a trade, nobody has a clue who's going to be our pick. I actually think Allen has a better chance to be a Jet if we trade down then stay at 3. I've heard the "what's the difference between picking him at 8 or 3" arguments, and I agree with them. If they like him, they should take him. I just don't think an NFL GM would agree though.

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

They're just pulling sh*t out of their asses that they probably read on some site like Walter football. I highly doubt any of the naysayers have even watched one game tape of Williams. 

Links from random scouting reports is all they have. No one watches film for themselves and makes their own assessments anymore. They are too lazy. They want “professionals” to tell them what to relay to fellow posters.

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Duh

Thats one of the only sites will Williams not one 

When they come out with version 64 of their mocks maybe they will. Haven't visited that site in at least 5 years because it is pure trash but apparently a lot of people still read it. 

If ....IF.... we drafted Jonah at #3 and for some reason he gets moved inside or to RT, and he winds up being a 10+ year starter and multiple Pro Bowler, thats still a win. 

But I see him as a tough guy tone setter at LT. Beachum is such a passive player, and Brick was a stolid technician, I'd love to have a tough guy growing up with Darnold and watching his back for the next 15 years.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Links from random scouting reports is all they have. No one watches film for themselves and makes their own assessments anymore. They are too lazy. They want “professionals” to tell them what to relay to fellow posters.

Pretty much. And I explained numerous times how flawed that research is.

One guy who is bad at talent evaluation writes a bad report, another one rewords it, then someone else rewords that... and now I hear how Williams struggles with speed rushers. SMH.

We used to have a guy that posted on JI years ago and he landed a gig at CBS Sports IIRC writing evals. He ended up posting the worst drivel ever and we roasted him until he flat gave up. Now think for one second......some people read his evals and took them for gospel. Probably even brought some up on this site too prove their point. 

Edit: And now I just learned that poster has his own website, theunderdogsports

Archived