If all the good HC prospects refuse jets

Jetsplayer21

Knowing mac is a terrible gm and could ruin their careers, and is on the hot seat.. Do the Johnsons come back to reality and fire mac in order to get a good HC here ? It’s not a far fetch question.. If anyone who knows football has their ear, they have discussed this.. it should be a no brainer. Instead of hiring a 2nd tier guy, who’s job is not safe if Mac is canned in a yr or 2.. then darnold has to learn his 3rd OC in 3/4 years .. 

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They will hire who’s left and then tell you he was their first choice all along.

Yes they are dumb enough to believe some fans don’t know any better ? Hopefully the writers begin to write articles that the top candidates will only come here if Mac is canned.. Johnsons don’t react with smart decisions on their own, but if the press is all over it they may buckle..

45 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Knowing mac is a terrible gm and could ruin their careers, and is on the hot seat.. Do the Johnsons come back to reality and fire mac in order to get a good HC here ? It’s not a far fetch question.. If anyone who knows football has their ear, they have discussed this.. it should be a no brainer. Instead of hiring a 2nd tier guy, who’s job is not safe if Mac is canned in a yr or 2.. then darnold has to learn his 3rd OC in 3/4 years .. 

If cows had wings, could they fly?

Its not a far fetched question?  No one gives a damn, its nonsensical fan chatter.  

LOL, you seriously think, what is widely reported as one of the top landing spots available, all, every one of them, will turn down the Jets?  A young team with some talent, with 116 mil in cap room, the 3rd overall pick in the draft and a young FQB in place?  Yeah, a real HC who wants a job, they're worried that macc is here.  Answer this, how many open jobs are available to teams that also fired the GM?   All have their GMs still working for that team.  No one is turning the Jets down because Macc is here.  

LOL, ok, you guys need to get really serious, its going to be a little while before a hire.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They will hire who’s left and then tell you he was their first choice all along.

No, they'll hire who they want and fans like you will tell everyone that they had no other choice.

Admit it

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Yes they are dumb enough to believe some fans don’t know any better ? Hopefully the writers begin to write articles that the top candidates will only come here if Mac is canned.. Johnsons don’t react with smart decisions on their own, but if the press is all over it they may buckle..

Yeah because that worked out so well with Mehta last time.

The last thing you want is the goofy NY media,and the fans calling the shots

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If cows had wings, could they fly?

Its not a far fetched question?  No one gives a damn, its nonsensical fan chatter.  

LOL, you seriously think, what is widely reported as one of the top landing spots available all, every one of them, will turn down the Jets?  A young team with some talent, with 116 mil in cap room and a young FQB in place.  Yeah, theyre worried that macc is here.  As if how many open jobs also fired the GM?  Name the teams that didnt leave their GMs in place like the Jets.  

LOL, ok, you guys need to get really serious 

What team fired their HC, but not gm, and had a gm who has been in place for more 3 or more years, and only won 13 or less games combined in past 3 season  ? I’d say none without looking

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

What team fired their HC, and had a gm who has been in place for more 3 or more years, and only won 13 or less games combined in past 3 season  ? I’d say none without looking

Again name one of the 8 teams looking for a HC who fired the GM.  AZs GM impresses who?  Cincy?  Miami?  GB?  What has Elway done?  Let the roster get old and weaker while he will never get blamed?  Very desirable spot.  Guess what, every team that fired their HC, fired them because the team didnt play well.  Every bad team can be traced back to the GM not getting it done and all are still collecting checks.  But in Jetfandom we're the poor team that no one wants to come to.  

Heres another thing youre not considering.  These types who are HC material, they think they can win anywhere with anyone.  No one is saying Bowles lost because of Macc, Im not going there.  ESPN and NFLN were both calling the Jets a great gig.  Sorry if that doesnt fit the story

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Again name one of the 8 teams looking for a HC who fired the GM.  AZs GM impresses who?  Cincy?  Miami?  GB?  What has Elway done?  Let the roster get old and weaker while he will never get blamed?  Very desirable spot.  Guess what, every team that fired their HC, fired them because the team didnt play well.  Every bad team can be traced back to the GM not getting it done and all are still collecting checks.  But in Jetfandom we're the poor team that no one wants to come to.  

Heres another thing youre not considering.  These types who are HC material, they think they can win anywhere with anyone.  No one is saying Bowles lost because of Macc, Im not going there.  ESPN and NFLN were both calling the Jets a great gig.  Sorry if that doesnt fit the story

Lol so you admit no gm who’s HC was fired, has a worse record then Mac past 3 seasons, check. All I said was if the top candidates are refusing to come here because of mac on the hot seat, And other reason like poor drafting, FA signings, why not cut ties with him now and secure darnold best possible candidate. I know you are in fantasy land and assuming these HC candidate aren’t even considering mac when deciding wether to sign here. I do hope your blind faith is correct though ?

Maccagnan and Chris Johnson should have at least someone in mind they would like to hire or an idea. There are a lot of candidates that will be interviewed but theirs a problem that every coach will be facing. The Jets head coaching job is a lot like a revolving door!!! Is the Jets head coaching job a attractive job? IMO, No its not a attractive job, having a QB doesn't mean anything when he doesn't have a supporting cast on offense (RB, WRs and OL). I believe a few of the potential candidates will ask to be taken off the Jets list and the Jets have to ask permission to interview these candidates and those teams will most likely deny them. Plus the Jets have competition with other teams looking for coaches. 

We all have thrown out names of potential HC candidates, but we all have to be realistic who ever they hire, we all be questioning the coach and the hiring. 

27 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol so you admit no gm who’s HC was fired, has a worse record then Mac past 3 seasons, check. All I said was if the top candidates are refusing to come here because of mac on the hot seat, And other reason like poor drafting, FA signings, why not cut ties with him now and secure darnold best possible candidate. I know you are in fantasy land and assuming these HC candidate aren’t even considering mac when deciding wether to sign here. I do hope your blind faith is correct though ?

No I admit nothing.  I do recognize that youre reaching trying to add new reasons why your doom and gloom idea that no one will want this job makes sense when no one agrees.  I asked you how good have all the other 8 teams GM have done and your answer is not a bad a Macc?  Which explains why the job is being viewed as the best gig outside of the Browns I guess. 

35 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

What team fired their HC, but not gm, and had a gm who has been in place for more 3 or more years, and only won 13 or less games combined in past 3 season  ? I’d say none without looking

just off the top of my head, the GM for Tampa Bay was hired the same year as Macc and the Bucs have about the same record since then. 

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No I recognize that youre reaching trying to add new reasons why your doom and gloom idea that no one will want this job makes sense when no one agrees.  I asked you how good have all the other 8 teams GM have done and your answer is not a bad a Macc?  Which explains why the job is being viewed as the best gig outside of the Browns I guess. 

Why did you downvote the poster who reported the reports the new HC will report directly to Chris Johnson ? Didn’t like the report, or the fact the poster was posting news that is outside of your “everything is great and normal in jetland “ thinking lol.. Do you think gruden would have sign on here if he hadn’t joined Oakland this yr? Can you answer honestly ?‍♂️? 

40 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Jason Licht is a million times worse than Maccagnan and is forcing a rapist on his head coaching candidates.

Everything about the dolphin job is worse than Maccagnan.  Tannenbaum, who somehow managed to not get fired, has them in CAP hell, they have no QB, and a decently late draft pick.

The shine on the Championship that the Broncos won is starting to fade now that people realize that Elway can't draft himself out of a paper bag, and the only thing that got them those key free agent signings, years ago, is Peyton coming onboard (Kudos to Elway for landing the big fish, I guess).  Plus, we have a young QB in place,  a better draft pick, and far more CAP space.

Arizona is a total sh*tshow with a drunk driving scumbag lame duck GM, who sucks worse than Maccagnan.

Browns?  Yeah.  That one is enticing.

Packers?  Not nearly as viewed as highly as the others, that was reiterated by a ton of people.  Plus, they seen deadset on getting McDaniels, who would never come here in a million years anyway.

Cincinnati?  No.

I hate Maccagnan, but coaches don't think like fans on a message board.  This is still an attractive job, because of all the resources available to shape the team.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Jason Licht is a million times worse than Maccagnan and is forcing a rapist on his head coaching candidates.

Everything about the dolphin job is worse than Maccagnan.  Tannenbaum, who somehow managed to not get fired, has them in CAP hell, they have no QB, and a decently late draft pick.

The shine on the Championship that the Broncos one is starting to fade now that people realize that Elway dan't draft himself out of a paper bag, and the only thing that them those key free agent signings is Peyton coming onboard.  Plus, we have a young QB in place,  a better draft pick, and far more CAP space.

Arizona is a total sh*tshow with a drunk driving scumbag lame duck GM, who sucks worse than Maccagnan.

Packers?  Not nearly as viewed as highly as the others, that was reiterated by a ton of people.  Plus, they seen headset o. Getting McDaniels, who would never come here in a million years anyway.

Cincinnati?  Lol.

I’m not arguing ours is the worst at all.. Some you are acting like these candidates are forced to pick one. No way. Many can go in the booth for a yr, take just about any cord job for a yr, knowing there will be plenty of openings again next yr.. gruden waited yrs to come back, Jason Garett turned down many HC jobs for yrs to wait for Cowboys position. Same as McDaniels.. the college coaches I doubt will leave their cushy jobs and put their future with Mac. Because those young guys likely get canned along  with Mac, which could be in a yr or 2

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No I admit nothing.  I do recognize that youre reaching trying to add new reasons why your doom and gloom idea that no one will want this job makes sense when no one agrees.  I asked you how good have all the other 8 teams GM have done and your answer is not a bad a Macc?  Which explains why the job is being viewed as the best gig outside of the Browns I guess. 

If you don't "win the day" here today, it's a joke. You've shown more common sense and patience dealing with who and what you have in so many threads today. More then I can remember anyone doing since I joined this site. Great job.

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I’m not arguing ours is the worst at all.. Some you are acting like these candidates are forced to pick one. No way. Many can go in the booth for a yr, take just about any cord job for a yr, knowing there will be plenty of openings again next yr.. gruden waited yrs to come back, Jason Garett turned down many HC jobs for yrs to wait for Cowboys position. Same as McDaniels.. the college coaches I doubt will leave their cushy jobs and put their future with Mac. Because those young guys likely get canned along  with Mac, which could be in a yr or 2

There are only 32 of these jobs in the entire world.  More often than not, they don't get passed up.

What if they go back to being a coordinator and they aren't as good? What if injuries derail their entire unit and their performance is impacted?

What if there aren't as many jobs next year?  7-8 is quite a bit. What if the ones available next year are worse?

The college coaches don't want to leave college because they have the worlds sweetest gig, are young, and get paid more than a majority of the coaches in the NFL.

20 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Why did you downvote the poster who reported the reports the new HC will report directly to Chris Johnson ? Didn’t like the report, or the fact the poster was posting news that is outside of your “everything is great and normal in jetland “ thinking lol.. Do you think gruden would have sign on here if he hadn’t joined Oakland this yr? Can you answer honestly ?‍♂️? 

I dont like the idea that its that big a deal.  Or its a particular poster who downvotes every one of my posts, regardless of what I post.  There are other teams that operate exactly like this, only the Jet fan thinks this is the end of the world as we know it

I'll take my take on "jetland" over the constant dickslapping of some on the imminent doom that they see waiting behind every move the Jets make.

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

If you don't "win the day" here today, it's a joke. You've shown more common sense and patience dealing with who and what you have in so many threads today. More then I can remember anyone doing since I joined this site. Great job.

Thank you, I do actually try.

Glad someone agree with at least some of what i post

Just now, Mogglez said:

There are only 32 of these jobs in the entire world.  More often than not, they don't get passed up.

What if they go back to being a coordinator and they aren't as good? What if injuries derail their entire unit and their performance is impacted?

What if there aren't as many jobs next year?  7-8 is quite a bit. What if the ones available next year are worse?

The college coaches don't want to leave college because they have the worlds sweetest gig, are young, and get paid more than a majority of the coaches in the NFL.

Well I just pointed out many wait for the right fit. But you are right, we will get the ones who lack options..  And what if they come to the jets, and again made the scape goat for the real problem, gm? Their careers could be over like Todd bowles lol. I do not think bowles was a good HC, but if he was hired to be HC with a good gm, he likely does well enough to.. If the gm delivers the right players, HC just needs to hire the right cords to be successful.. do you think bb was a bad HC in Cleveland, but then all of a sudden become great ?

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The shine on the Championship that the Broncos won is starting to fade now that people realize that Elway can't draft himself out of a paper bag, and the only thing that got them those key free agent signings, years ago, is Peyton coming onboard (Kudos to Elway for landing the big fish, I guess).  Plus, we have a young QB in place,  a better draft pick, and far more CAP space.

Packers?  Not nearly as viewed as highly as the others, that was reiterated by a ton of people.  Plus, they seen deadset on getting McDaniels, who would never come here in a million years anyway.

Cincinnati?  No.

I hate Maccagnan, but coaches don't think like fans on a message board.  This is still an attractive job, because of all the resources available to shape the team.

Unless the owner is willing to pay, this is not an attractive job. Darnold was at best promising this season, and his offensive line took the tires off of his Jetta.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont like the idea that its that big a deal.  Or its a particular poster who downvotes every one of my posts, regardless of what I post.  There are other teams that operate exactly like this, only the Jet fan thinks this is the end of the world as we know it

I'll take my take on "jetland" over the constant dickslapping of some on the imminent doom that they see waiting behind every move the Jets make.

I’m not the one assuming. You are assuming it’s not a issue.. I just raised the question, a legitimate question.. I said I hope your right, just like I hoped you were right and I was wrong when I said I don’t think Jeremy Bates will be a good OC. You got all over me for that, do you remember ?

14 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Wait, they can go into the booth?  Seriously? Jason Garret turned down many HC jobs?  Garrett was hired because hes a puppet who was happy to get a job

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thank you, I do actually try.

Glad someone agree with at least some of what i post

I'm feeling under the weather, so I've been home all day. I've read just about everything, lol. You've been knocking it out of the park. Happy New Year! 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Unless the owner is willing to pay, this is not an attractive job. Darnold was at best promising this season, and his offensive line took the tires off of his Jetta.

NFLN, ESPN, numerous media people dont agree.  

Darnold was "at best" promising to you.  Then again not shocked

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

For all his flaws, there has never been any signs that the owner is unwilling to spend money.  You keep saying it, but nothing backs it up other than your opinion.

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I’m not the one assuming. You are assuming it’s not a issue.. I just raised the question, a legitimate question.. I said I hope your right, just like I hoped you were right and I was wrong when I said I don’t think Jeremy Bates will be a good OC. You got all over me for that, do you remember ?

One more time, slowly, how many other teams, teams that fired their HCs for lousy records, fired their GMs too?  So your logic is not one team will be able to hire a HC.

I hear you.  

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm feeling under the weather, so I've been home all day. I've read just about everything, lol. You've been knocking it out of the park. Happy New Year! 

Same to you friend, have a great one!

Archived