Citrus Bowl - Josh Allen Watch

New York Mick

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s bizarre.  Some of these guys just lock up during pressure situations.  Their thought process gets cluttered.   You see it a lot actually, supposedly good coaches making head scratching decisions.   

You would have to think they have the stats/projections/metrics that show going for it is such a better play. It really is bizarre.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Working at the Penn State College of Medicine I have known since the days of “The Hack” that Franklin is not a good coach. He has young men from all over PA lining up to play at PSU. He does not know how to coach against the big programs and now we can include the small programs

He recruits the entire Eastern half of the country well. He dos not have much challenge in the NE. just not a good coach

4 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

You would have to think they have the stats/projections/metrics that show going for it is such a better play. It really is bizarre.

Especially since kicking a FG in that situation, is playing for a tie and taking your chances in OT.  No other reason why you would kick there.  If you kick the FG, or you miss on the 4th down, you still need a stop to get the ball back.  Only advnantage of kicking is to tie and force OT.  Have to think that chances of making it on 4th down is > than FG, stop, another FG and win in OT.

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

He has 3 sacks and a blocked fg, what would you need to see to impress you?

One sack was on a blown blocking scheme where he was wide up and he missed the QB the first shot, the second he side stepped the C who was stuck in the mud, I missed the third one so I can’t say but the block was nice. 

I wasn’t impressed by him today. He couldn’t get off of double blocks or even single blocks. He wasn’t good in tight spots and most of his plays were from lack of talent on the other side of the ball. 

BUT

His overall season and highlights are impressive and I watched him against Florida where he was a beast. He’s going to kill it at the combine as well so people are going to be high on him. 

All and all. I say pass on him at 3. 

28 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

This has nothing to do with the Citrus Bowl but I didn’t want to start another college football thread.  

I see Trey Adams is playing again for UW, has he made any definitive decision on declaring?

He’s injury prone so he may want to do that in order to get a full season under his belt and simmer down the concern of scouts.

THATS the OT prospect that has it all.

Archived