Kliff Kingsbury to interview with Jets

Jetsbb

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Huh

Well when you go watch Pat Mahomes on a recruiting trip for the first time, and leave at halftime, and upon return tell Baker Mayfield, and Davis Webb it’s in your best interest to transfer because I found my new QB I can see why teams are interested.

48 minutes ago, KRL said:

I wonder if this interview is to see if he would come in as OC?
Have him come in the same day with McCarthy and see if they could
work together.  McCarthy as HC and Kingsbury as OC would be very
interesting

This is a very interesting point because then you can groom internal coaches on your own staff what a concept!!!

Wouldn’t want him as HC, but bringing him in as the OC under a guy like McCarthy would be very intriguing.

One of the biggest knocks on McCarthy has been that he runs an old school WCO and doesn’t bend for anybody.

If you had him and Kingsbury mesh their styles, you could potentially really have something on offense. Especially with a QB as talented as Darnold.

how is it possible for coordinators to be interviewed before a head coach is selected. doesn't the HC pick his staff? the only explanation would him being interview for the HC gig, but how does someone with no NFL coaching experience or College HC experience just become an NFL head coach. management at One Jets Drive must know something about this guy that no other NFL exec knows [which I highly doubt]

edit: he was coach of Texas Tech and got fired for going 35-40 . I felt better not knowing that.

IMG_5878.jpg

Take it for what it’s worth, but it looks as if the face of the New York Jets defense is throwing his support behind former Texas Tech head coach Kliff Kingsbury, who the Jets are set to interview for their vacant head coaching position.

U damn right! https://t.co/dKWImLJT9M

— Jamal Adams (@TheAdamsEra) January 2, 2019

When news of the Jets interest in Kingsbury broke, Adams, as pointed out by SNY’s twitter page, followed Kingsbury on instagram, prompting the network to tweet out that it appeared Adams was happy with the potential of him taking the helm.  As you can see in the shot above, Adams replied to SNY’s assertion with a simple, “U damn right!”

Adams’ support aside, Kingsbury is viewed by many onlookers as a hot candidate for an NFL job as some expressed some level of surprise when he took the offensive coordinator job at USC, knowing that NFL teams were sure to come knocking with offers of an offensive coordinator role at the very least, with a head coaching job being a possibility.

Kliff Kingsbury is now a Free Agent. After a decade coaching at the college level, Kingsbury is now a viable, and likely, NFL OC

NFL teams will be getting, analytically, one of the game's best offensive minds

Newest piece by @JuMosq at @OptimumScouting: https://t.co/XlPIK57GH7 pic.twitter.com/kOcHvuTVwg

— Eric Galko (@EricGalko) November 27, 2018

Report: Despite USC hiring, Kliff Kingsbury could be an NFL head coaching target https://t.co/ulqIKgZawU

— CollegeFootballTalk (@CFTalk) December 17, 2018

Where Kingsbury lands remains to be seen, but give the Jets credit for kicking the tires on a respected young offensive head coach as opposed looking exclusively at “safe” picks such as Mike McCarthy.

The post Jets to Interview Kliff Kingsbury; Jamal Adams Gives Early Endorsement appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
BJhROLe2UkM

Click here to read the full story...

@RJIII

What’s the deal here, Kliff a genuine candidate in his mind for HC, or he going to talk about OC job?  Does Kliff want the job if the Jets are really interested?  Did Helton tell him Darnold is the man and Kliff now wants to try the NFL with Sam based on Helton’s praise?

Shed some light boss.

Archived