Kliff Kingsbury to interview with Jets

Jetsbb

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Literally laughed out loud. It's these types of non-PC posts that keep me coming back.

I’m a Jew, so I can say that and it’s still PC, I’m also half Black, half Muslim, half Millenial and half a bunch of other things 

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

You read wrong

I guess his Athletic Director did too.  Not ready for prime time.  If you look at his record in the Big 12, it actually gets worse, much worse. That means that a lot of those stats you are so fond of were garnered against even more  inferior competition.  You do realize that the Head Coach is responsible for the whole team not just the offense , don't you?  In addition to his offensive accomplishments, another hallmark of his time at Texas Tech  was that HIS team consistently had one of the WORST defenses in all of Division 1 Football.  Never got it fixed in 6 Years.  That's why he lost his job.  Not what I would consider Head Coaching timber at this point.  

See article, educate.

One thing this article doesnt take into consideration is practice reps. These spread offenses will practice on air (no defense) and in 7 on 7s all offseason. Huge amounts of reps are a valuable piece of these offenses operating. Its one of the main reasons why this hasn’t translated into the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Not sure what your first picture was, luckily you deleted it before I got to see it.

That said, we spent a lot of time this season letting everyone know how we were banned from ad networks due to pictures google deemed to be inappropriate. 

Anyhow, whatever it was based on the reported posts, please don't do that here. Thanks.

^^

He says as he totally lets slide the picture of that dude in a swimsuit that clearly shows the outline of his junk.

I'm betting that as soon as Max saw the picture, he downloaded it, and sent it in a text to @The Crusher that read: "Plz wear this to the next JN Mod strip poker night. Thnx. xoxo -- Love, Phil"

While I like Kingsbury as an OC, I think you need to get him here at all costs. If that means biting the bullet and making him HC but surrounding him with former HCs as his coordinators then do it. Getting McCarthy and his dated schemes would only hamper the creativity and new age sexiness that Kingsbury would bring to the table.

Sign him and balance out what he’s lacking -lack of experience, lack of defense- with guys that have been there before. Callahan/Dennison on the offense and Wilks/Del Rio on defense. Create a staff with discipline and experience and this team could flourishz

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Leonard Williams once got that team award too. That’s going well.

Good thing comment wasnt about play . It was response to claim that Jamal teammates hate him which isn’t even close to the case . 

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Maye want Kliff Kingsbury as well . It’s funny these defensive players . Wanting a offensive minded coach 

Maye's twitter name is @alldayMAYE ???  It should be @fullseasonnotyet

The guys hate him now? I'm not sure whatchu talkin bout? 

They will when he gets $14.5 million to dog it next season.

Pretty sure Leonard was one of the people Jamal was targeting when he said this team needs “more dawgs”.

Locker room is about to burn before the new HC gets here.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pretty sure Leonard was one of the people Jamal was targeting when he said this team needs “more dawgs”.

No, he meant "pawgs", his phone just autocorrected.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe... lol  

I'm still a believer in Leo. He's still so young.  Not in love with him, but once again I see Bowles and Rodgers as the biggest problem. The players like Leo will hopefully have a resurgence under some real leadership. 

Not sure about this Kligsbury fella but whichever coach we land, I hope making guys like Leo and Jamal thrive, in addition to Darnold, its the real priority. 

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Guys better clear outta the locker room fast... \\:D/

So with Kingsbury are all the folks getting excited about him viewing him for HC or a potential OC?

I don't follow college too much but isn't it a bad look to have the record he did at TT considering he had Mahomes? 

My assumption is he'd need to interview off chart and be paired with some super veteran coordinators, no? 

I am fascinated to see the reaction from Jamal and Maye.

Archived