Antonio Brown Requests to be Traded

jetsons

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/01/report-antonio-brown-has-asked-for-a-trade/

Report: Antonio Brown has asked for a trade

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 1, 2019, 1:24 PM EST

pft2-43-e1546290893207.jpg?w=560&h=316&c
AP

They’re doing their best to deny it, but the situation between Antonio Brown and the Steelers has escalated quickly.

According to Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com, the Steelers wide receiver has asked for a trade, because of lingering issues with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and coach Mike Tomlin

The follows reports that Brown blew up at Roethlisberger last week, leading the team to cook up a fake injury report to explain his absence when he was actually benched.

Of course, there’s a big difference between asking for a trade and getting one, for several reasons.

For one, they’d take a $21 million dead money hit to deal him now, making it difficult from an economic and roster-construction standpoint.

But there’s also the reality that it’s January 1, and emotions are running high after a season that started poorly (the Le'Veon Bell drama which pitted teammates against him when he failed to show up) and never seemed to get better, ending with them missing the playoffs.

Salary cap issues aside, Brown remains one of the best players in the league, and even though JuJu Smith-Schuster is emerging, dealing such a high-quality player would make returning to the playoffs more difficult.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So their top running back holds out and their top WR wants a trade? There is some crazy stuff going on in Pitt, especially since it was announced Tomlin is returning. I would love a talent like his on our team - but only if we have a coach and environment that will keep him reeled in without suffocating his talent.

Brown would be a difficult fit.

yiu have young guys mostly unproven trying to establish themselves and stay in line for there big pay day. Anderson, enunwa, legget, Herndon, Burnett. Notice anything? 

No divas. No big names. Antonio brown is talented no doubt. How would he affect the locker room though? If the answer is bring it up, trade for him immediately. If the answer is create something toxic, pass

25 minutes ago, RobR said:

He'll never get traded because his cap hit would be brutal for Pitt eating the rest of his SB once it accelerates.   

Yes Pittsburgh will have to live with this A$$ at least 1 more year. Way too much dead money involved at this point. Terrible situation.

Antonio Brown could very well be the best WR in the NFL and NY Jets fans find faults about him as so far as not wanting him on our team. 

As someone else mentioned some crazy stuff happening in Pittsburgh. 

I would welcome both him and Bell on this team instead of more Cleveland Browns ex-players or JAG's off the street. 

COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Doesn't it go down to 7 mill after June 1? I thought that was reported earlier today?

No. He has 21M in amortized signing bonus left - 7M per year remaining on his deal.  After June 1, the steelers can split that number in half, taking a 10.5M cap hit this year and carrying 10.5M in dead cap next season.  But unlike a cut player (who you can designate as a post 6/1 cut in advance), you can't designate a traded player as a "June 1" move. And what good does an extra 10.5M in cap space do for you after 6/1, when the FA market has been picked clean?

6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

30, prima donna, 21 mil cap hit. Pass. If we're sending big assets I would rather go get Evans. 

I hope Evans could be on the move, I'd much rather send #3 to them straight up. I'm not a huge fan of Brown. I think he makes more sense for the Packers, 49ers, or Panthers.

23 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I hope Evans could be on the move, I'd much rather send #3 to them straight up. I'm not a huge fan of Brown. I think he makes more sense for the Packers, 49ers, or Panthers.

I'd love to give sam a 6'5 25yr old WR1 

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

He's lost his leverage in Pittsburgh.

Hes 30, Ju Ju has made him expendable, he's fighting with his QB? - The curse of the Madden cover!

I don't want him, huge ego, wrong side of 30!

Did JuJu make him expendable? JuJu see a ton of single coverage because of Brown. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Rishard Matthews,Charone Peake are so much better players you're right. 

Why is it fans hate the best players in the NFL? 

Has nothing to do with the best players but this team can’t afford to have any lockerroom headaches at the moment...which clearly AB is a huge lockerroom headache! 

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

Has nothing to do with the best players but this team can’t afford to have any lockerroom headaches at the moment...which clearly AB is a huge lockerroom headache! 

The right HC will deal/fix the problems unlike Todd Bowles did. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Rishard Matthews,Charone Peake are so much better players you're right. 

Why is it fans hate the best players in the NFL? 

Problem is Antonio will cost probably two first round picks.  He’s 30 and has a lot of mileage

Archived